| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46868 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1215, 1216, 1217, 1218, 1219, 1220, 1221 ... 1875  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:35 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

choirqueer wrote:
Mars wrote:
So I was supposed to go out for some fun with my BFF tonight but her and boyfriend got in a tiff and wet off to her room ad asked me to put on x-mas music... it was super awkward but I did and now I hear them having sex. At first I was annoyed because she had wanted me to wait here so we could go out and I thought I'd like to have just been given the go to go out by myself... but then I realized I'm actually deadbeat tired and should really use this holiday to catch up on sleeping! Heh, I've become so accustomed to forcing myself out all the time, drinking every night... oh man. Is tired.

Uh, wow, I don't know your friend at all, but that's a pretty shitty thing for her to do to you!

Meh, it is in theory but when you put it in context of her having a little fight with the one she loves, I mean she was real upset, and part of our relationship is me bringing her down when she starts to spiral, I love doing that for her and she needs it... Anyhow, so she wasn't planning it, the fight ended with sex I guess! Happens! But it was actually fairly quick and then she came and hung out with me, heh. Still, I should probably not be awake right now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:35 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Happy Christmas PPK!

Bah-humbug.... just had to call over to the neighbour to give her kid a present now I feel right rubbish. She kept asking what time am I heading off at and saying "well at least you won't be alone today." Actually I am alone all day. Only place I'm going is to the woods to walk the dog. I'm going to be alone BECAUSE YOU FLIPPING CANCELLED ON ME!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:41 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

We're here for you, DC. Yer never alone with the ppk! Xx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:46 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Awww Thanks xxx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:30 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Merry Christmas DaisyChain!!

I'm here eating fruitcake for breakfast. I've never made fruitcake before, always just assumed i would hate it, this shiitake is AWESOME. VeganRicha did it again. And I made it all whole wheat and oil free. Amazing shiitake.

So it is so bloody hot here, i was going to take the dog out but i'll need to wait til the afternoon. The sun would fry me. I've got a skype date with my mum, and am going to cook an awesome thai feast for my lunch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:25 am 
Inflexitarian

paprikapapaya wrote:
yeah, what poopie said!
Here's my (well, my husband's) "recipe"/method:
http://nakedveglunch.blogspot.ca/2011/0 ... wn-as.html

This turned out deliciously! Even my older brother, who is usually the last person to go near anything I cook (Pretty sure the only veggies he likes are corn and potatoes), loved it and went back for thirds.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:44 am 
WELFARIST!

I'm trying to just pretend it's simply another day off work and thus should be enjoyed. I've got episodes of Fringe queued up, books to read, leftover falafel in the fridge, and will maybe go see The Hobbit later. Feels super weird to be in an unhappy house with my ex on Christmas. Mostly because I know he is so miserable, and it makes me feel like a terrible human being.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:45 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

torque wrote:

Many happy returns xxxx

So being alone actually rocks. I got to go on a massive 2 hour walk with the dog then made dinner at my own pace and ate when I wanted to. It was possibly the best Christmas dinner I have ever eaten. Usually I have to make do with potato and plain veg. Then I could wait an hour before having dessert. While waiting for the food to go down I had a lovely long bath. Now I'm sat in front of a roaring fire watching what I want to watch on the TV and a tired dog curled up beside me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:53 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

daisychain wrote:
torque wrote:

Many happy returns xxxx

So being alone actually rocks. I got to go on a massive 2 hour walk with the dog then made dinner at my own pace and ate when I wanted to. It was possibly the best Christmas dinner I have ever eaten. Usually I have to make do with potato and plain veg. Then I could wait an hour before having dessert. While waiting for the food to go down I had a lovely long bath. Now I'm sat in front of a roaring fire watching what I want to watch on the TV and a tired dog curled up beside me.

I'm on my own for most of the day, through choice. It's my 3rd year running and honestly, I love it! I see my family for a couple of hours in the morning and usually spend the rest of the day curled up on the couch with the hound, watching crappy Crimbo telly and eating whatever the hell I want. I do have a "gentleman caller" tonight, I'm looking forward to seeing him but am equally happy slobbing here with the hound draped across my shoulders. She's not long after peanut butter kong, so she's as happy as larry.

Merry Christmas daisychain, and everyone else <3 xxx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:56 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Christmas cookies for breakfast are never a bad idea.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:03 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

fezza wrote:

I'm on my own for most of the day, through choice. It's my 3rd year running and honestly, I love it! I see my family for a couple of hours in the morning and usually spend the rest of the day curled up on the couch with the hound, watching crappy Crimbo telly and eating whatever the hell I want. I do have a "gentleman caller" tonight, I'm looking forward to seeing him but am equally happy slobbing here with the hound draped across my shoulders. She's not long after peanut butter kong, so she's as happy as larry.

Merry Christmas daisychain, and everyone else <3 xxx

Happy Christmas to you too xx

Loving not having to drive anywhere today or feeling under pressure to drink with my dinner. I need to take meds after dinner so I can't drink then. If I take them early in the morning instead I'm beyond exhausted for the day. So today I got to take them after my dinner and tonight I can have a small glass of wine then sleeeeeep.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:13 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

aw, dc, glad you ended up having a great day! it sounds perfect to me!

I did a classic ijdi just now when I was prepping my seitan wellington by wrapping it horribly in puff pastry and then deciding i'd cover up the lumps by putting little strips on it and then it kept looking ugly so i kept adding more decorations! we'll see how it comes out. haha. I put the classic dinos on it (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4527) this year it has way more going on. classic ijdi - just keep piling stuff on.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:26 pm 
WELFARIST!

If something is labeled a Region 2 Import, that still means I can't play the DVD in America, right?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:40 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Probably not unless you have a dvd player that allows for playing from any region. Region 2 is over here so if you want you can send it to me and I can watch it for you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:43 pm 
WELFARIST!

Hahahaha, thanks for the offer! Balls, I was looking at a special collectors edition of Spaced online but it seems like only the standard complete set is playable in America (and more expensive, what). Curse my love of British television!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:49 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

You might be able to change the region of your computer, but usually you can only do it a certain number of times. What's on the special edition of spaced??

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:04 pm 
WELFARIST!

"Series one and two, plus bonus disc of unseen material" I want that bonus disc of unseen material, damn it!

eta: Grrrrrr! Why do all of the awesome DVD sets have to be Region 2? I want this, too! http://www.amazon.com/Crowd-1-4-Special ... e+it+crowd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:27 pm 
WELFARIST!

After finding my ex in his room mightily upset because he can't get ahold of anyone in his family on the phone today and declaring that he was not getting out of bed, and then declaring that he was just going to clean the house all day, I managed to convince him to take the dog for a walk for me.

Which seems to have cheered him up a bit, so we're going to go see The Hobbit in a little while. This day is certainly turning out like a rollercoaster.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:02 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

It's pretty funny that my friends and family in TX are getting snow and we had a sunny day here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:25 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Saag for breakfast!

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:38 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I am now the proud owner of an apron that says "I (picture of a) Loaf Bread" and three beautiful wooden cutting boards.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:01 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Three years ago today my husband lured this sweetheart into a cage borrowed from the Humane Society with a can of tuna. One of the best things we've ever done.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:38 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

My dad loves his new Kindle Fire. We can now all sit in corners of room simultaneously playing angry birds. (and gloat about who gets the highest score)

As if we needed a game to have angry birds!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:38 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

mollyjade wrote:
Three years ago today my husband lured this sweetheart into a cage borrowed from the Humane Society with a can of tuna. One of the best things we've ever done.

Kitty!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:52 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I'm friends with a family which includes a 5 year old child who came out as transgender this year and identifies publicly as a boy. The child's grandmother died a couple weeks ago, so they're already having a rough time. Last night, the grandfather (whose wife just died) told the kid's mother (his daughter) that he is cutting off contact with all of them unless they "go back to treating [the child] as a girl". Fortunately this kid has parents who are reasonable human beings, so they basically told the grandfather to fork off and that they'll talk to him again someday if he ever changes his mind, and the kid (probably) has no idea that this even happened. Their family has been through so forking much and I'm so mad that they're having to deal with this shiitake right now.

As for me, it's been a pretty bleh holiday season. I didn't get any presents (not that I really asked for any, but that's mostly just because I'm so used to not getting presents that I don't bother anymore, and I'm supposed to not care about stuff like that, right*?) and the one fun thing I was excited about (my holiday concerts) got overshadowed by my getting sick.

*that's a lie. I love presents. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46868 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1215, 1216, 1217, 1218, 1219, 1220, 1221 ... 1875  Next