| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:15 am 
WELFARIST!

mrsbadmouth wrote:
A lot of people who had their carts ready to go at launch went to check out and the site crapped and they lost their carts.

They are ruining my 'buy soap for the entire year in one fell swoop' moment.

So if I put two Emotional Brilliance that are marked into my cart, I should get one of them for free...right? I don't want soap!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:17 am 
WELFARIST!

I'M ON!

Update: Sooooooooooooo slow.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:18 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I got back into my cart and now it's telling me some of the items aren't available. I'm sorry, but if they were in my cart before the site crashed, I should still be able to get them!

edit: I know I sound like a spoiled brat, but I stayed up really late to get this stuff.

Last edited by fatcat on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:18 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

There's not a whole lot they can do about it though, I asked Brian if they could even do anything like set up mirror sites and he said they'd have to buy more servers just for the sale which would cost them a lot of money. Their site is getting slammed right now.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:21 am 
WELFARIST!

Damn it. I got on for two seconds again but not able to buy anything. Everyone is pissed because the site is crashing and they're losing everything they were about to buy. I'm pretty bummed. I've been waiting to buy myself stuff from Lush as a celebration gift. :(

Update: On again!

Last edited by Mr. Shankly on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:21 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm mostly mad at myself for getting greedy. I should have checked out when I had the chance.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:24 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

My hatboxes and some of my soap are gone now. fork it. I'll drive the 20 miles to the closest store on New Year's Day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:30 am 
WELFARIST!

I am in the middle of cashing out and it is stalling. I don't like playing games with my credit card like this. :/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:33 am 
WELFARIST!

Okay, everything is purchased. I can't believe I just spent $40 on 4 things. What the fork is wrong with me? I better REALLY like these pigments and stuff. They were out of the mascara which I wanted so I ended up just adding Focus (also bought Sophisticated). I really hope I like these because I'm usually a prude with my money. I hope they don't later contact me to tell me my stuff is out of stock.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:37 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Mail order usually has really good customer service. If that happens, they'll probably more than make it up to you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:43 am 

I got up to paying and then faaaaaaaaaaart. But I had opened my cart in a new tab so I still had the site open, so hopefully that will make my cart not empty. But i'm tired, god dammit.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:50 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

What happened last year? Did your cart disappear?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:56 am 
WELFARIST!

MBM, if you're not checking out right now, the site seems to be working fine at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:00 am 

I did! I lost one item in my cart, but I went back and saw Snowcake which I missed the first time, so I replaced it with that. Now I can sleep!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:02 am 
WELFARIST!

Woo hoo, success!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:33 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Yay! They don't have the buy 1 get 1 sale here in Sweden, but they launched a 50 % off on holiday items and some other items this morning. I got a massage bar, tiny hands, a huge bottle of snow fairy and big conditioner (not on sale). Happy happy!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:25 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

bluedawg wrote:
Jigglypuff wrote:
Sigh. Can you exchange things at LUSH without a receipt?

i'm wondering this, too. i put four different body lotions on my christmas list and so far i've gotten three of the same one. ha!

I called and asked. The employee said items can be exchanged (but not refunded) without a receipt as long as they're not expired. Thank goodness! I'm going to see if I can swap out the Olive Branch shower gel I got for Snow Fairy instead. I might be out of luck since I'm planning on going tomorrow. I'm waaay too lazy to drive there today.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:28 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

thanks Jigglypuff! i think i need to do a better job distributing my lists... i accidentally ended up with three coco lotions AND three emotional brilliances. :D i'd like to try a couple of other body lotions as well (although i've been wearing the coco lotion the last two days and it's really nice!), and i definitely don't need three of those powders. heh.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:28 am 
WELFARIST!

Did you end up getting the same Emotional Brilliance products or three different ones?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:11 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Oh Lard, I can't stand all the fussing on LUSH's Facebook page. Nobody is entitled to discounted products. They're doing it to clear out their older inventory. Everyone chill the hell out.

This one person was saying that she was going to throw her $100 gift card in the garbage because she was so mad about the site malfunctioning. Yeah, dude, you do that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:07 am 

Yeah, people are so dramatic. And my last two online orders with Lush went shitty, and i'm still not complaining! Lush is a luxury product, none of us 'need' it, quit being such babies.

Also, if you really really REALLY want a seasonal product from any company...don't wait for them to put it on sale. And certainly don't complain because you didn't get it for free because you waited. I just want discounted soap, and I got discounted soap. I do the same thing with Hallmark ornaments, i'm not allowed (by myself) to buy them until their 50% sale and if I can't find an ornament I wanted, oh well. Same with the holiday polishes and polish gift sets. Thems the dice you roll when you shop discount-style.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:17 pm 
WRETCHED

I made an order and hope it takes a little while to ship as I won't be home for a week.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Got lots more Lush products from friends and family members. Immediately made friends with the solid shampoos (how could I ever live without them) - but now have two bottles of Ponche shower gel and dislike the scent. Sadface.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:20 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Phoenix wrote:
Got lots more Lush products from friends and family members. Immediately made friends with the solid shampoos (how could I ever live without them) - but now have two bottles of Ponche shower gel and dislike the scent. Sadface.

Go exchange them! :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:27 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Jigglypuff wrote:
This one person was saying that she was going to throw her $100 gift card in the garbage because she was so mad about the site malfunctioning. Yeah, dude, you do that.

haha, yeah I'm sure they'll feel the burn of that genius tactical move.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 42  Next