| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1216, 1217, 1218, 1219, 1220, 1221, 1222 ... 1769  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:08 pm 
Impressive boner

That sounds like a traumatic experience for all those involved in your friend's situation CQ. I hope that Grandad can realize the impact of his statement.

Next door have been playing really loud reggae for hours while their baby granddaughter screams and cries. I don't think they've considered that turning the music down might help her to settle. Oh well, time for another horror film.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:23 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I think I'm sick but I'm not sure. I'm so ridiculously tired lately and I feel a little off. My appetite is really weird and my stomach hurts most of the time. I hope it goes away soon, the next week is work and surgery so I can't be sick.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:38 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

The Hobbit was pretty awesome, managed to sit through 3 hours of movie and waiting for takeout without any awkwardness with my ex. Glad he got out of his doldrums and was able to have somewhat of a happy day (I hope).

Now he's off at another movie and I'm home about to get red wine cozy with season one of Fringe. Not too bad a day, in the end.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:20 pm 
Chard Martyr

I went to a movie today. In the theatre. It's been years- literally- since I've done that. Good times.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:37 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

This girl I used to date and am now friends with is having a total mental health crisis which is not surprising exactly but I'm really worried and trying to get her to come over here or let me come over to her place. She's in a cab going home from some random house in the NE right now. I basically just want her with me so I can make a judgment call about whether calling 911 is the best option, for alcohol poisoning or if she's going to hurt herself. Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:08 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

In my stress I didn't realize that saying "in the NE" only makes sense to Portlanders.

Also she got home and she said her roommate was home and then she stopped answering and I'm hoping this means she has passed out and her roommate will be available in case of emergency and hopefully we will meet up tomorrow to discuss some options because no one else in her life seems to care enough to do anything.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:51 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh strawberryrock... I am sorry.

I have officially eaten all the food.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:36 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I woke up extra cranky today... the prospect of having to go clean up after my neighbor's cats (who are wicked gross and smelly) is really bumming me out. And then there's laundry. And then there's work, during the best part of the day. And I am still ambiguously sick.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:06 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm so sleepy. Why don't Americans get Boxing Day off, too? I need a day to digest. (Literally and figuratively)

Christmas with Dad was superb, Christmas dinner was a bit meh. My pie crust tasted a little 'old,' my gravy and chickpea cutlets, and Brussels sprouts were a little bland. Chai-spiced snickerdoodles are good but not really chai tasting. I think I need to clean out my pantry and replace some things. It's so hard for me to pitch stuff though. There's definitely a bunch of stuff that I bought when I first went vegan because they seemed like things to buy, but I never used. That's been two years and a bit now...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:35 am 
Chard Martyr

We don't get boxing day off! Boxing day is the worst day of the year. Fact.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:38 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I thought you did, vijita! We have a warehouse in Ontario that's closed, I think.

It's not so bad at work, actually. I am pretty spoiled by the mid-morning naps I've taken for the last four days though!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:52 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

It's a day off over here. When I was younger there was only the pubs open and a few local shops would open for about 3 hours in the morning. Now all the sales start today. Mostly British owned franchises. I'm not impressed by it at all. I used to love the 2 days of complete shut down.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:56 am 
Chard Martyr

ndpittman wrote:
I thought you did, vijita! We have a warehouse in Ontario that's closed, I think.

It's not so bad at work, actually. I am pretty spoiled by the mid-morning naps I've taken for the last four days though!

Well actually, my boss and her assistant have the day off. Truthfully, I just can't afford to take the day off. But it's not a stat holiday (unless you are a federal employee or have a nice cushy job with a big company) which totally sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:15 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Now that Christmas is over I can start packing and freaking out about moving. One week. One week.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:15 pm 
Chard Martyr

I have a massive hickey. I'm going to wear a scarf, but damn, that hickey is big. My blood vessels are all up in your face.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:50 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Less than one week until rent is due and then I get to start looking for (and worrying about) a new apartment. Moving is the worst. Especially when you're broke right after the holidays. Hopefully I can find something not terrible, since most of the good places come up here around May, not February.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:13 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

One of my projects for the break was to finish redecorating the cat's room. I just went in there to assess the situation, and I'm not loving it. I don't even know what I need to do. I mean, I need to strip the paint from the wood so I can redo that, and I need to paint the whole room. But I don't know if I really need to fill anything in or sand or anything. The wall is pretty rough, but it's hard to tell what needs doing and how I'm gonna do it. I really wish we could afford to get a professional in to do everything for us.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:38 pm 
WELFARIST!

If I don't get the day alone, completely alone, soon, I think I'm going to lose it completely.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:22 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

Mr. Shankly wrote:
If I don't get the day alone, completely alone, soon, I think I'm going to lose it completely.

most highly recommended! it saved my sanity recently.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:42 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

3 of 3 Christmases are done. After my mother-in-law's birthday dinner tomorrow, I want everyone to leave me alone for a long time.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:45 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Holy hell am I ever bored. I haven't been out of the house since Friday! I'm hopeful I'll be up and about enough tomorrow to at least go to the library, but I'm still crazy nauseous and have a fair bit of gas pain still.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:24 pm 
Kale Wreath

j-dub wrote:
Holy hell am I ever bored. I haven't been out of the house since Friday! I'm hopeful I'll be up and about enough tomorrow to at least go to the library, but I'm still crazy nauseous and have a fair bit of gas pain still.

Aww, how's your recovery going generally? Hang in there, soon we'll get to stuff ourselves with EF cinnamon buns <3

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

j-dub wrote:

I hope you can get up as well. I will keep my fingers crossed. I have been trying to entertain you as much as possible. We can try a jazz hands contest.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:26 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

J-dub, do you like puzzles? Conceptis puzzles.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:13 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My crazy kitten was just chasing my other cat around the apartment, jumped onto the couch, and then jumped directly into the front door. Like, she jumped into it and her little head made a giant slamming sound into the door and she fell to the ground. She didn't cry or anything, but now she's hiding under the couch, seemingly traumatized. Am I supposed to be worried about a concussion or something?

Reply to topic  [ 44225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1216, 1217, 1218, 1219, 1220, 1221, 1222 ... 1769  Next