| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388 ... 592  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:33 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

having a surrogate family for christmas, and them being so awesome that I don't miss mine. so, so, *so* thankful.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:43 am 
Level 7 Vegan

This was my first Christmas Eve since moving out of the house where I lived with my mom and sisters my whole life. It was actually...enjoyable? It's amazing what not living with family members can do to your relationship with them.

Merry Christmas, PPK!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:16 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Emilie wrote:
SO DO I <3

*hugs* Merry Christmas :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:12 am 
Smuggling Raisins

Accidentally vegan lefse

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:46 pm 
Dead by dawn

So far, waking up with my sweetie and Christmas morning kisses before he left to go snowboarding. But also, nachos for breakfast, licking the peppermint cheesecake beaters, playing with Amos and his new Christmas toy. And it's only 9:45 in the morning. The whole day should be pretty nice.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:56 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Everyone in my house loved the gifts I got and made for them. Hurray! I have issues with the holidays but I love giving people thoughtful gifts. Now I'm watching the Doctor Who marathon in pjs (and TARDIS socks!) with my brother and my best friend and feeling pretty okay.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:09 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Staying in my PJs most of the day, watching tv, and eating with my family. And I'm about to see Les Mis soon. Love Jewish Christmas!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:27 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My Christmas present is being finished with antibiotics! YAY!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:19 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I got to see my nephews!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:29 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

FaceTime with my family back home. Corinne (5) sang three songs and did a dance, Lydia (3) ran around and terrorized Zeke (cat), and Johnny (7 mos) just laid there laughing. Oh, and my brother accused me of hippie propaganda for getting them vegan lunchbox. Then Corinne shouted, "HIPPIE PROPAGANDA!" And I said, "Corinne, are you a hippie?" And she shouted, "NOOOOOOOO!" And then my brother added, "You kind of are. My hippie, flower princess." I don't know; it just cracked me up. Love those criminals.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:45 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Laughing until hurting with my sister-in-law and husband. She was drunk on red wine and it was just hilarious, we were trying to take a nice photo of us all but they just kept turning out ridiculous and we'd just howl laughing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:43 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I finally found a vintage bike to replace my old stolen 1970's yellow ten speed Raleigh! It's a 1980 (I think) blue Schwinn ten speed, fast and built to last...I got it really cheap from a bike co-op which means it needs a fair amount of work but I'm still really happy with it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:45 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

People went out of their way to make vegan foods for me: My dad made garlic and olive oil mashed potatoes, My mom made maple sweet potatoes, my brother searched until he came up with a recipe for rolls that didn't call for any milk or eggs, and his girlfriend's mom made pasta salad with avocado dressing. And they were all wowed by Poopie's Insanity Bars/the Slutty Brownies that I made.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:19 pm 
Chard Martyr

Yay, joshua, I'm so glad for you.
m'toes, that is a freaking morning to be jealous of! Full of awesomeness.

I just had a really cool day despite my initial hesitation about the holiday blah blah. Spent time with friends and family and it was just an overall cool day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:29 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Today was just amazing. Sigh. Friends, neighbors, hugs, songs, drinks, fire...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:46 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

Tube strike so no work! <3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:11 am 
Seagull of the PPK

fruitcake for brekkie!!!!

i think the best thing is that my neighbors, who when we first moved in were these monster party animals staying up til 4AM singing Brazilian faux-country music and Queen [which sounds really cool but in reality you're trying to sleep and it's just more annoying noise], kept the noise down over the holiday. I was extra nervous since they built a "party space" kind of thing in their backyard, sort of like a covered BBQ pavilion, and I was sure it would be party central there, but they've been good. Extra bonus, after their parties my backyard is no longer filled with trash [like it used to be]. I'm not sure if my throwing the trash back over the wall had anything to do with this development or not, but I'm glad I don't have to throw trash over their wall anymore. (they were douchey at the beginning, now they sort of keep to themselves, which is just fine with me. Here extra-friendly neighbors quickly become invasive problems if you're not careful).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:28 am 

torque wrote:
fruitcake for brekkie!!!!

i think the best thing is that my neighbors, who when we first moved in were these monster party animals staying up til 4AM singing Brazilian faux-country music and Queen [which sounds really cool but in reality you're trying to sleep and it's just more annoying noise], kept the noise down over the holiday. I was extra nervous since they built a "party space" kind of thing in their backyard, sort of like a covered BBQ pavilion, and I was sure it would be party central there, but they've been good. Extra bonus, after their parties my backyard is no longer filled with trash [like it used to be]. I'm not sure if my throwing the trash back over the wall had anything to do with this development or not, but I'm glad I don't have to throw trash over their wall anymore. (they were douchey at the beginning, now they sort of keep to themselves, which is just fine with me. Here extra-friendly neighbors quickly become invasive problems if you're not careful).

Do they listen to Forró? Glad they were peaceful. I couldn't help wondering if Wilson or my dad would have been louder. Wilson is pretty laid back, but he LOVES listening to Forró EXTREMELY LOUD.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:31 am 
Chard Martyr

OMG, I woke up at 8 SO stressed because I never wake up that late thinking I had scheduled myself at 8:30 for work like I usually do, but I checked my schedule and for the very reason of possible xmas hangover, I'd scheduled myself for 11. Now I am sitting here all blissfully on the couch eating dhal leftovers and petting the cat.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:46 pm 
Dead by dawn

Meggs wrote:
Yay, joshua, I'm so glad for you.
m'toes, that is a freaking morning to be jealous of! Full of awesomeness.

I just had a really cool day despite my initial hesitation about the holiday blah blah. Spent time with friends and family and it was just an overall cool day.

Glad you had a nice holiday. The rest of my day was good too. I spent 8 hours with my aunt, who is super fun. Dinner was delicious, all vegan, and cooked by someone else (my mom and aunt.) I got an herbivore elephant tshirt and Scott Jurek's book Eat and Run so it was a very vegany Christmas.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:48 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

ndpittman wrote:
Do they listen to Forró?.

I WISH! i like forró- they listen to Michel Teló, which i guess is classified as MPB (Brazilian pop music). Country music at least has some character; forró is too "northern" for here [we are down south in a really racially split area where African heritage stuff like samba, bossa nova, forró are considered north, we are the south, where it's more white and country music, which i guess can in broad terms be defined as two white guys wearing cowboy hats singing sappy songs with maybe an accordion in the background. Typical of this is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0c87AkfJrg which i am not posting because, typical of all this music, it objectifies women and i'm just too grumpy for that shiitake today.]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:15 pm 

I think that it's the accordion that throws me off. Or the hats and boots. Or maybe Wilson listens to that as well as forró. Well, that and forró sounds like country to me. Do you know the song "Beber, cair e levetar"? That's a favorite in our household. I like the song, but not at the same volume as Wilson or his friends/family. And then they make fun of me because I can't baile forró.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:55 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Best about yesterday was spending the holiday with the Mr. He was so surprised about all his gifts, and I got an Apple TV from him (yay!); we went to brunch and had bottomless beverages and they had a vegan option; then lazed around and watched movies. It was such an awesome Christmas, and the first one spent as a non-single person.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:04 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

I think Beber, Cair Levantar is one that I can tolerate, even at volume!! The funny ones are a bit more bearable--- Você não vale nada mais eu gosto de você, i'll have to see if i can come up with a few more.
It's funny, the musical sound is so similar, and the divisions that are created are so arbitrary. [i can't dance forró either but at least i try]

Fun random trivia- a relative of ours here is a famous radio DJ in Country Music Land ("we have both kinds, country AND western!") and whenever we spend any time with him it's all cowboy hat/belt buckle music all the time- so many concerts and backstage things and we always try to be really gracious and thankful but my husband and I are always looking at each other going "why can't we meet people who like GOOD music?". for a few days though, I can take the music, just like that year when I taught at FFA camp in remote upstate New York, where I was granted honorary redneck status for learning all the words to "I've Got Friends in Low Places" and line dancing.....
[yes i am going there for new year's next week. I'm also praying there's not a rodeo, i've got about a 50/50 chance.]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:52 pm 
Nailed to the V

I went to a funny Loving Hut (Supreme Master says hello) and for some miraculous reason the owner just put real music instead of suprememaster-tv

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388 ... 592  Next