| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: the X-Files!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:47 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

dudes! I watched this show back when it first aired and I am currently in the middle of a huge re-watch inspired by netflix, lets chat about it.

we can also talk about how scully and mulder and gross levels of in love:

I want to believe!

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Post subject: Re: the X-Files!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:51 pm 
Crazy bat lady

I've been watching, too! It's so much fun!

But I can't watch late at night, I get skeered.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:00 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Post Modern Prometheus - I love that episode. I think I was in 9th grade when the show started and I never missed an episode. Now I'm trying to get some of my co-workers to start on it. If I could only watch 5 shows for the rest of my life, it would definitely be on my list.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:47 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I really love the X-Files but I also have vivid memories of being a kid and hearing the music start up and being shaking-ready-for-nightmares terrified. I didn't even watch it then but just the music would make me want to cry, I was so scared.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:55 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh man, I used to be so obsessed with this show. I was waiting for my ride to work one day and they were super late, so I turned on the tv. An X-Files marathon was airing. I had never seen the show before, and I thought, "eh, might as well check it out." My ride never showed up and I spent the entire day watching that marathon. My work schedule at the time meant I wasn't home when it aired, so I requested to have my hours changed so I could get home in time to watch it. (I said I needed to be home sooner, but I never told anyone why!) I remember finding fansites online and reading terrible fanfiction.

I have a bootleg dvd set of the entire show and the first movie. I keep thinking I should re-watch it, but never get around to it. Maybe that will be my new year's resolution.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:01 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

do ittttt

this show got me through finals this year.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:23 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I love the X-files.

True story... when the flukeman episode aired it terrified me into peeing hoovering over the seat. I was nine months pregnant. So my hormones were wonky and I was clearly not thinking clearly. I was not letting a flukeman take my baby.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:31 am 
WELFARIST!

The X-Files was my absolute favorite show for years and I watched it religiously. I even have some of the season books! I rewatch it every once in a while. There's only one episode that I never watch because it grossed me out so much (Home).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:52 am 
Grandfathered In

Used to love the X-Files.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:44 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i discovered the X Files when I was in Japan, and my friends and I used to have epic X File Video Marathons and scare the bejeesus out of ourselves.

Nowadays, FC and I have some mommy/baby bonding time with the X Files. Occasionally one is too scary and we have to turn it off (one with zombies with mouths stuffed with salt, we had to nix that one) but for the most part we have a good time watching them.
We're now on the season where Mulder has left and it's John Doggett with Scully. We lurve Scully.

kfad wrote:
when the flukeman episode aired it terrified me into peeing hoovering over the seat.

The day after my friends and I watched that episode, we went camping. In a place with "hole" toilets. We were all absolutely terrified. Of course we were all drinking prolifically, but we all happily peed in the poison ivy rather than risk an attack by fictional liver fluke man [and we were perfectly fine with a liver fluke man that might just come right out of the lake we were camping on!!! but no toilets, no sir....]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:51 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Earlier this year a rewatched all of the seasons on Netflix until I got to the season where they get rid of Mulder, and then I got tired of it and stopped. It turns out that X-Files without Mulder is pretty lame. But I enjoyed the seasons before that immensely!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:11 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I had them all on video once and watched every episode over about a year, if I was going to rewatch them I'd probably stop at around series 5, they get a little too silly for me after that.

What's everyone's favourite episodes? The two Tooms episodes (Squeeze and Tooms, both series 1) were the first I watched and have been my favourite ever since, it's a close thing though there are defintely a few other episodes I love.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:34 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Love the X-Files! Watched it every Sunday (and Friday) when it was still on the air. I still remember where I was when I first saw the show. I really like War of the Coprophages (the cockroach episode) and Quagmire (the gator episode). Oooh, and the Great Mutato! LOVE any episode with these guys in it:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:12 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yes! Those guys! The long haired guy always wore the coolest band tshirts!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:39 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Haha...I just recently started re-watching it on Netflix, too! So that's where the "heart in a blender..." band got their name from...

Watch the episode where they are locked in that Alaskan research station. Scully does some sort of lunge at a guy or a gun and it looks so incredibly fake and awkward. It made me think they were so low budget in the first season that they couldn't bring themselves to reshoot that scene.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Season 1 was low budget, but it did have some great episodes. Like Deep Throat, EBE and Darkness Falls. The show really did peak around seasons 3-6, tho. And as soon as Agent Doggett shows up it makes me hate everything.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:33 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

nickvicious wrote:
LOVE any episode with these guys in it:

Or any episode with Yves!!!! Rawr.
trying to remember her name, i found this
http://x-files.wikia.com/wiki/Yves_Adele_Harlow
i shouldn't be surprised there is an xfiles wiki, but i sort of am.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:36 pm 
Impressive boner

One of the scariest characters from my formative years.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:56 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

And now he's married to Courtney Stodden.

Some of my favorites are: Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, Oubliette, Paper Hearts, Memento Mori, Elegy, PMP, Bad Blood, Triangle, Monday, The Unnatural, Millennium, Closure, First Person Shooter, Hollywood AD, 4-D, Audrey Pauley, Improbable and a lot of the others. I tended to like the stand alone episodes better.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:20 pm 
Saggy Butt

kfad wrote:
I love the X-files.

True story... when the flukeman episode aired it terrified me into peeing hoovering over the seat. I was nine months pregnant. So my hormones were wonky and I was clearly not thinking clearly. I was not letting a flukeman take my baby.

My best friend and I had to watch every new episode together. After she got married we'd still call after the episode and talk about it. When she was pregnant with her first we were joking about her fear of snakes one day and her having snakes come out instead of the baby --okay I was joking, she wasn't happy, then the episode 'Signs and Wonders' was on the very next day and the lady gave birth to snakes. She called almost in tears. Luckily she had a daughter, not medusa.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:29 pm 
Tofu Pup

Just finished re watching the series with my 14 and 16 year old. So loved getting them into it!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:18 pm 
Saggy Butt

my boyfriend and I just finished watching the entire series. we were hugely entertained by their creative interpretations geography in the two episodes that take place in western New York. like taking a nonexistent subway from the suburb to buffalo' s nonexistent China town.

I love the lone gunmen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:37 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

fatcat wrote:
I tended to like the stand alone episodes better.

This is definitely true for me, too. The main story arc has so many twists and turns in it if I tried to explain it to someone I'd probably fail miserably.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

8ball wrote:
One of the scariest characters from my formative years.

Omg he was so scary!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:18 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

You guys! I started rewatching on netflix, and I might be mildly obsessed with this show again. Netflix is bad for me, because I just let it autoplay the next episode and then suddenly it's one in the morning and I need to go to work the next day but I just cannot stop watching.

One night, after I had watched, like, 7 episodes in a row, I went on ebay and made what is probably the best purchase I've made all year: The X-Files Fan Club Press Kit (or something to that effect). It's amazing, and I took lots of photos, which I will put under a spoiler tag so I don't spam this thread:
Spoiler: show
The box arrived reeking of smoke, but I don't care, because there's stuff in an evidence bag!

Membership card, novel, bookmark, stickers!

X-Files Prepaid Phone Card! This is completely useless, and I love it.

Behind the scenes electronic press kit videotape! I haven't watched this yet. I hope no one taped over it! Maybe I could upload it to youtube and get a million views.

Promotional 8x10 photos and fan club newsletters

A small poster, which I have titled "Where the fork are we, and why is Scully so blurry?"

There were also catalogs of merch and other fanclub newsletters and stuff. Tell me, is this the best $39.00 ever spent?