| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15933 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 418, 419, 420, 421, 422, 423, 424 ... 638  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:41 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

That's so horrible, Wallace, how heartbreaking.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:43 pm 
Grandfathered In

Amajorrecords wrote:
I got 15 viles of blood drawn this morning.

Feeling sympathetically woozy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:34 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Roommate not cleaning her giant mess; found out about two bills I didn't realize were due, got a text from my ex so those feelings got drudged up... Today feels like a huge bummer. Anyone have any ideas how I can turn this day around? Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:44 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Mars wrote:
Roommate not cleaning her giant mess; found out about two bills I didn't realize were due, got a text from my ex so those feelings got drudged up... Today feels like a huge bummer. Anyone have any ideas how I can turn this day around? Ugh.

Listen to Mika Radio on Pandora, paint your nails, cuddle with a pet, take a hot shower or bath. Sorry about your shitty day!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:47 pm 

MIKA? (I had never heard of it, just searched it, want to make sure it's the right thing)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:53 pm 

I actually really like this, thanks! Also, the shower idea is GENIUS. I'm super greasy feeling and being all emotional made forget there was something that can help with that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:53 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Mars wrote:
MIKA? (I had never heard of it, just searched it, want to make sure it's the right thing)

Yes! He makes me feel cheery.

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CGVgAYJyjk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:27 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

My back hurts so bad the pain is making me nauseus. I've had a lot of pain lately (back and abdominal), so my T3 supply is almost gone. My pain management appt is next week.

I feel very isolated because I'm just downstairs by myself. The sofas upstairs are horrible on my back. Everybody else likes them, so it's just me. Sitting on them lately hasn't helped my back. Parents are choosing to take this personally; mom is pissed I won't watch Top Chef. Molly doesn't want to stay down here because it's quiet and boring.

And since I'm whining anyway, I just finished a 6 book series (just fun, throwaway urban fantasy by Richelle Mead) and am not in the mood to read anything else I've tried to get into. The series was unexpectedly good. A friend gave me the first one a few years ago, but it looked stupid, so I ignored it until a few days ago. This is the same friend who hooked me on Jack McDevitt, so I should pay attention to his recommendations. It took me 7 years to finally read Engines of the Gods.

So, yeah. I'm bored. I watched a whole season of Psych today too.

I just made a stupid chickpea wrap because I thought couscous, can of chickpeas, and goddess dressing on a tortilla was something even useless me could handle. Apparently not. I couldn't lift the electric kettle to pour boiling water, the lettuce was on the bottom shelf of the fridge, and plastic wrap for my leftovers is in the bottom drawer, all of which required assistance. Gah! And I couldn't bring a glass of water downstairs because plate + glass doesnt allow for me to haul myself down using the railing.

I wonder if a boiling shower and vast quantities of No5 would improve things?

Ok. I'm whined out. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:37 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Fighting a mildew/mold infestation in my bedroom. Moldy wall, moldy shoes in the closet, moldy mattress, moldy box spring. Yuck. Camping in the living room, disinfecting everything and washing all the bedstuff. These humid Oregon winters are killing me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:42 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Holy shiitake, depression. SAD + bad anniversaries + recent letdown = crying, not sleeping, being a jerk for no reason...I hate this.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:17 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Lots of warm thoughts going to everyone in pain today, physical and emotional.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:29 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Are you feeling better?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:48 am 

Slowly but surely!

Still lots of gas pain and nausea. But I'm able to eat. And hopeful that I'll make it out of the house tomorrow to go to the library or have a coffee or something.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:54 am 
Discovered unobtainium

PSA: everybody who feels like crepe, consider taking jigglypuff's shower advice.

I didn't take a shower this morning, which was making me feel worse. I just took a gratuitously boiling, overly long shower and mentally feel a lot better, which makes the physical pain so much easier to deal with. Sometimes I wonder if the pain actually gets worse or if I'm just mentally weaker and therefore more susceptible. I also used obscene amounts of Chanel No5 lotion, powder, and sprayed enough parfum to kill a canary. I have no idea what is in that, but it's an instant soother for me. I've never found another scent that does that for me. Aveda Bergamot and Origins Ginger make me feel nice, but they don't boost my mood and feel like a hug. Weird. Luckily the Chanel Fairy visited me over Christmas.

Thanks for the self-care reminder jiggly! Beats whining and grousing and other wholly unconstructive activities.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:58 am 
Discovered unobtainium

J-dub, that's great you feel ok to get out of the house. Coffee sounds like a bad idea though, but maybe just because when I get ulcer associated gas pains, coffee is the worst.

I bet walking around will help a lot with the gas. As much as it sucks, walking really is the quickest way to get rid of it. It's really hard when you are doubled over from the pain though.

Don't you wish they could suck the gas back out when they are done?!

Eta: is somebody going to go with you? I don't know how comparable our abdominal surgeries are, but I also had the nausea for a whole and a lot of intermittent dizziness, especially when I over extended. I went into Target with my mom the week after and was doing great until I hit a wall of exhaustion and she had to get a wheel chair for me. It's so great to finally get out that it's super easy to overdo it, so please have fun and be careful. I hope I don't sound like a nag--don't mean to!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:30 am 

Oh, I don't actually drink coffee. I just use coffee as shorthand for overpriced fancy drink that makes me feel better.

And yeah, my mom will come with me, though I'd really like to go home some day soon. But home means no mom to make me tea and get my medications if I leave them in the other room...

Was your gas pain in your neck? That's what's the absolute worst for me and what can reduce me to a sobbing mess.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:57 am 
Level 7 Vegan

lavawitch wrote:
PSA: everybody who feels like crepe, consider taking jigglypuff's shower advice.

I didn't take a shower this morning, which was making me feel worse. I just took a gratuitously boiling, overly long shower and mentally feel a lot better, which makes the physical pain so much easier to deal with. Sometimes I wonder if the pain actually gets worse or if I'm just mentally weaker and therefore more susceptible. I also used obscene amounts of Chanel No5 lotion, powder, and sprayed enough parfum to kill a canary. I have no idea what is in that, but it's an instant soother for me. I've never found another scent that does that for me. Aveda Bergamot and Origins Ginger make me feel nice, but they don't boost my mood and feel like a hug. Weird. Luckily the Chanel Fairy visited me over Christmas.

Thanks for the self-care reminder jiggly! Beats whining and grousing and other wholly unconstructive activities.

Aw, I'm glad it helped! Showering with nice soap is my #1 favorite activity. The whole day feels so much more manageable to me when I'm squeaky clean. Same with having a tidy room, but I'm much too lazy to get that done.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:07 am 
Discovered unobtainium

j-dub wrote:
Oh, I don't actually drink coffee. I just use coffee as shorthand for overpriced fancy drink that makes me feel better.

And yeah, my mom will come with me, though I'd really like to go home some day soon. But home means no mom to make me tea and get my medications if I leave them in the other room...

Was your gas pain in your neck? That's what's the absolute worst for me and what can reduce me to a sobbing mess.

Oh wow, no. Why is it in your neck? Are you sure it's gas pain and not muscle/nerve pain from awkward position for anesthesia? I've had neck pain from that after surgery.

My gas pain was all abdominal, where they pumped it in to float my organs apart.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:09 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Jigglypuff wrote:
Aw, I'm glad it helped! Showering with nice soap is my #1 favorite activity. The whole day feels so much more manageable to me when I'm squeaky clean. Same with having a tidy room, but I'm much too lazy to get that done.

Combined with your avatar, this made my laugh/cringe.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:16 am 

lavawitch wrote:
j-dub wrote:

Oh wow, no. Why is it in your neck? Are you sure it's gas pain and not muscle/nerve pain from awkward position for anesthesia? I've had neck pain from that after surgery.

My gas pain was all abdominal, where they pumped it in to float my organs apart.

The gas gets caught up under the diaphragm pushing on the phrenic nerve, which in turn causes pain in the neck.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:18 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I just googled; apparently the surgical gas does dissipate out by the shoulders. Probably I just remember the abdominal pain from the drain and five incision points and not the rest.

Either way, walking really is the best way to get rid of it. Try a heating pad on low/medium draped around your neck/shoulders. I remember what I did was set a timer, so I would get up and walk for 5-10 minutes every hour, otherwise I wouldn't do it. My surgeon drummed it into all of us pre-op that she wanted us to walk, walk, walk, and walk.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:30 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

lavawitch wrote:

This this this. I just started my day with a ten-minute shower even though I'm going for a run after work and life feels kind of manageable, which is a feat in itself at 6:25 am.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:09 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Jigglypuff wrote:
Mars wrote:

Yes! He makes me feel cheery.

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CGVgAYJyjk

I am really disappointed that you don't know Mika. I really hope you like it. I love to rock out to Life in Cartoon Motion, especially Lollipop and Big Girl (You Are Beautiful).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:25 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

lavawitch wrote:

Did you hear about the big asparagus Chanel #5 soap bar that costs about $65.00 or so? I think you should get that. It would help you for sure.

I have so much pain in my left shoulder due to a frozen shoulder/tennis elbow combo and I think I will need to treat myself too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:28 am 
Impressive boner

I feel sad for Mr8. He really struggles coming to terms with his disabilities and last night confessed to feeling like a fraud for having received a diagnosis of Asperger's in the first place. He often described growing up as feeling like he always needed to try harder and that nothing he could do was right and now he feels that he's being watched in case he slips up and someone can reveal him as a fraud. I live with him, he's my best friend and I love him with all my heart - I know that he's not faking it but he has so much self-doubt that I'm tearing up just writing about it.

His workplace does nothing but contribute to his negative feelings. He had some time off work as his manager was being a total croissant and removing all the reasonable adjustments his previous manager had made (which you have to do wherever reasonably possibly, by law). With the help of his doctor and therapist he went back to work on the proviso that reasonable adjustments would be in place for his return however it seems that every week the company backtrack even more. He has a HR point of contact, an occupational health advisor and two friends in the union but they're all off work until 2 January and he croissant that removed the reasonable adjustments is the only manager in today. They don't appear to even acknowledge that compounded stress can result in nocturnal seizures for him. I've seen some seizure-style diluted blood on the bedsheets near his pillow within the last couple of weeks and get ever so scared that he'll end up in hospital again.

The case of Walker v Northumberland CC (1995) was landmark and should be observed in order to prevent shiitake like this from happening, but the world's largest investor-owned power and gas company is just a big stinking turd of a company that cares not for the mental health of their employees.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15933 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 418, 419, 420, 421, 422, 423, 424 ... 638  Next