| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: what would you get at Sephora?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:57 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

missmuffcake wrote:

If you like scents all Fresh's perfumes are vegan! The sake one is nice!

I want to check those out, they sound good- I will check if they have them at the store so I can smell them.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:56 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I LOVE LaVanila's Vanilla Grapefruit perfume and Illamasqua's nail polish! I get so many compliments when I wear those colors too.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:23 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

bastah wrote:
I LOVE LaVanila's Vanilla Grapefruit perfume and Illamasqua's nail polish! I get so many compliments when I wear those colors too.

oh man the LaVanila sounds good- I'm gonna go in and smell all the perfumes mentioned here and try to decide.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:33 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm super tempted by the Too Faced matte eye palette. So, people are finding a straight up list of vegan products on Too Faced or are you just talking about the asterisk vegan-friendly marking on the vegan products? I like working from a list instead of clicking into each item.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:49 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Look under the FAQ - do you test on animals for a list:

http://www.toofaced.com/t-faq.aspx

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:55 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

missmuffcake wrote:

Nice! I never clicked that because I know that they don't test. Ha.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:24 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Quarantined: I have the lipcolor (really pretty kind of 50's style pink), the powder (only comes in one color and thankfully matches my skintone pretty well) and the facial cleanser. Pharmaca often has 20% off days.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:48 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I got all the Alicia Silverstone stuff on sale, and I love it. The makeup is great, and the cleanser and moisturizer are my favorites that I've ever used. Everything smells amazing. Honestly, I was really impressed with the quality; usually I am skeptical of celebrity-endorsed stuff.

"God said, kill and eat!" ~ my grandmother

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm 

Also, I really like Stella McCartney's perfumes, Stella and Lily. I know those are at Sephora.

"God said, kill and eat!" ~ my grandmother

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:09 am 
Baking In The Flavor

lavawitch wrote:
Anything with fruit acids is a big no for me. It gives me almost a chemical burn.

maybe dermadoctor or peter thomas roth? boscia?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:17 am 
Baking In The Flavor

tinglepants! wrote:
I love Too Faced...as far as I can tell, they're not owned by a larger company and they don't sell in China.

If they're still on the safe list, I have the matte eyeshadow palette, a couple of the eyeshadows (midnight orchid and violet), a perfect eyes liner (perfect purple), concealer, and their primed and poreless primer. I also have a couple of the la creme lipsticks (divine wine and raspberry rose). The primer is especially awesome.

I listed all the shades I have because I know they're vegan; not all of their stuff is and it's a pain to vet it all via their poorly laid-out website. You can, though, find a list of the vegan shades on their FAQs page.

too faced has vegan lipsticks?!?! i never saw those on the list! are all of the shades vegan with the la creme? usually they specify the colors if they are not....fingers crossed....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:31 am 
Baking In The Flavor

ndpittman wrote:
missmuffcake wrote:

Nice! I never clicked that because I know that they don't test. Ha.

it looks like they have added vegan friendly items on the product page that are not included on the list yet....the 3 way lash lining tool & the new lipsticks aren't on the list yet....lol i will be going through every item now:p

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:58 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

la vie sale wrote:
Quarantined: I have the lipcolor (really pretty kind of 50's style pink), the powder (only comes in one color and thankfully matches my skintone pretty well) and the facial cleanser. Pharmaca often has 20% off days.

crowderpea wrote:
I got all the Alicia Silverstone stuff on sale, and I love it. The makeup is great, and the cleanser and moisturizer are my favorites that I've ever used. Everything smells amazing. Honestly, I was really impressed with the quality; usually I am skeptical of celebrity-endorsed stuff.

Ack, Pharmaca has a sale right now, so tempted but I'm pretty broke after the holidays. I might have to give in though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:58 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

crowderpea wrote:
Also, I really like Stella McCartney's perfumes, Stella and Lily. I know those are at Sephora.

thanks for the rec- I will check those out too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:59 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

sharky wrote:
tinglepants! wrote:
I love Too Faced...as far as I can tell, they're not owned by a larger company and they don't sell in China.

If they're still on the safe list, I have the matte eyeshadow palette, a couple of the eyeshadows (midnight orchid and violet), a perfect eyes liner (perfect purple), concealer, and their primed and poreless primer. I also have a couple of the la creme lipsticks (divine wine and raspberry rose). The primer is especially awesome.

I listed all the shades I have because I know they're vegan; not all of their stuff is and it's a pain to vet it all via their poorly laid-out website. You can, though, find a list of the vegan shades on their FAQs page.

too faced has vegan lipsticks?!?! i never saw those on the list! are all of the shades vegan with the la creme? usually they specify the colors if they are not....fingers crossed....

oh, I missed that part about the lipsticks- yep looks like they are marked as vegan-friendly on the product page. Damn those look nice too. Now I'm having trouble deciding.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:39 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Yes all the Too Faced la cremes are vegan, I emailed them a few months ago about it. I have one, they smell fruity and are really pretty. I have the coral fire one. I want more but can't justify.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:27 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look those up. Have you had good success with either of the products?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:34 pm 

Quarantined wrote:
sharky wrote:
tinglepants! wrote:

oh, I missed that part about the lipsticks- yep looks like they are marked as vegan-friendly on the product page. Damn those look nice too. Now I'm having trouble deciding.

Truthfully, I like my zuzu luxe lipstick better than the la creme...if that makes deciding easier. The la creme is lovely but it's really thick and feels overdone for daytime.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

tinglepants! wrote:
Truthfully, I like my zuzu luxe lipstick better than the la creme...if that makes deciding easier. The la creme is lovely but it's really thick and feels overdone for daytime.

thanks, that's good to know. I'm normally more into gloss, so maybe I'll keep the La Creme in mind for special dressy occasions. I still haven't made it to Sephora yet but I'm psyched to know there are some good options to check out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

i went to buy perfume but my gift cards were at home, going back next week!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:38 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions - I have been avoiding Sephora since becoming vegan even though I used to love shopping in there. I'm gonna write down all of these ideas and take a look soon!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2