| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1217, 1218, 1219, 1220, 1221, 1222, 1223 ... 1899  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Yeeks. Do her eyes seem to be tracking ok? I think vomiting is a sign of concussion too.

I always worry when Molly tries to fly and splats down onto the floor hard, but it never seems to bother her. Or at least, she keeps doing it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:24 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Ugh I feel like a terrible pet owner right now. My dog and I were walking down the stairs to go to our bedroom and as she was halfway down the stairs I turned off the lights which caused her to then completely fall down the rest of the stairs, quite a few. It about broke my heart... she seems fine but dammit. Then as I was petting her I noticed a fork ton of flea poop, and even found a flea. Thing is, I've known she's had fleas for a while now, at least a week, probably 2 if I'm being honest. But when I found one originally there wasn't really any poop and I just kept telling myself I'd get her the drops soon, no big deal. Poor girl has been being bit for well over a week now and I still haven't bought any damn drops, and now there's probably a colony of them. Fork.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:08 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

It's a miserable, gray, rainy day, and I don't want to do anything but read. But I need to do stuff. Maybe I can put the laundry on, go out and buy the things I need to buy, and then spend the rest of the day reading. Mike can help me with Zebby's room tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:58 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Mars wrote:
Ugh I feel like a terrible pet owner right now. My dog and I were walking down the stairs to go to our bedroom and as she was halfway down the stairs I turned off the lights which caused her to then completely fall down the rest of the stairs, quite a few. It about broke my heart... she seems fine but dammit. Then as I was petting her I noticed a fork ton of flea poop, and even found a flea. Thing is, I've known she's had fleas for a while now, at least a week, probably 2 if I'm being honest. But when I found one originally there wasn't really any poop and I just kept telling myself I'd get her the drops soon, no big deal. Poor girl has been being bit for well over a week now and I still haven't bought any damn drops, and now there's probably a colony of them. Fork.

If it's not a big infestation probably just bathing her with some flea and tick shampoo will work wonders. I flipped out after finding two fleas on my dog a couple months ago because he had gotten his drops regularly but it turns out a good bath got rid of whatever remained on him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:01 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I'm still quite upset that yesterday at T.'s family secret santa, everyone hated the gift that was my contribution. I put together an assortment of products from the company I work for (3M - we make pretty much everything). Everyone else gives generic chocolate/coffee/wine gift baskets from Costco, which I think is pretty boring and predictable. Like, everyone was making fun of it so badly and my father-in-law who ended up with it was saying he'd just give it to someone instead of trading. Of course, T. doesn't see why I'd be upset.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:02 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

rachell37 wrote:
It's a miserable, gray, rainy day, and I don't want to do anything but read. But I need to do stuff. Maybe I can put the laundry on, go out and buy the things I need to buy, and then spend the rest of the day reading. Mike can help me with Zebby's room tomorrow.

I want to spend the day reading, too! And drinking coffee. Instead I'm at work and my pants are still wet (on the legs from rain, not in the crotch from urine; guess I should say trousers so that doesn't get confusing).

I'm reading this true crime book that happened in my hometown area a few years before and after I was born. I had no idea about any of it. It's kind of freaking me out, and I want to spend all day and night reading until it's finished. It's just bizarre to me. I've always known about The Palace of Gold, but I just didn't realize what a big deal it was/is!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:39 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

paprikapapaya wrote:
I'm still quite upset that yesterday at T.'s family secret santa, everyone hated the gift that was my contribution. I put together an assortment of products from the company I work for (3M - we make pretty much everything). Everyone else gives generic chocolate/coffee/wine gift baskets from Costco, which I think is pretty boring and predictable. Like, everyone was making fun of it so badly and my father-in-law who ended up with it was saying he'd just give it to someone instead of trading. Of course, T. doesn't see why I'd be upset.

Aw, post its are so useful! And colorful! (you didn't mention them specifically, of course, but I'm hard pressed to imagine a 3M basket without them.) I bet your basket was super cute and fun and useful.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:41 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Olives wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:

Aw, post its are so useful! And colorful! (you didn't mention them specifically, of course, but I'm hard pressed to imagine a 3M basket without them.) I bet your basket was super cute and fun and useful.

Ditto! I think it sounds thoughtful and delightful.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:53 am 
WELFARIST!

paprikapapaya wrote:

I think it is in poor taste and rude to make fun of any gift that someone would contribute to a secret santa. I would be upset as well.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:40 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

My basket definitely had post-its and other fun stuff! Everyone was making fun of it. At least later my sister-in-law said she thought it was a cool basket.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:21 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

People are dicks. One year, I took a working old-school Nintendo to my office white elephant, and people made fun of that! I was like, seriously?! If I didn't already have 3 more at home, I'd try to get it back. (In fairness, eventually a couple of people ended up almost fighting over it, but I still know how you feel.)

I feel like I've done a ton of stuff today. I washed nearly all the dishes (even drying one round so I could do the next), put away almost all the laundry that's been stacked up since I got back from my trip and did 2 more loads, went to B&Q (like Lowe's/Home Improvement) and bought some stuff to get on with the redecorating, and went to the grocery store. I'm tired. I'm gonna sit here and read until Mike gets home, then I'm making dinner, and then I'm gonna continue to do nothing. Actually, I might make some nog.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 pm 
WELFARIST!

I am anxiously awaiting the emergence of parsley lemon muffins from the oven. That stupid bakery boss of mine could have so many amazing things in her case if she just let me do my job!

Also, how funny is it that I left my baking job early and then came home and baked stuff for myself? Guess I was in a baking mood today, and that dummo wouldn't let me get on with it.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:20 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm in the mood for snuggling with the dog on the sofa but I have a serious amount of housework to do. Thanks to all the rain my house is covered in mud as bloody usual.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:44 pm 
Impressive boner

Late afternoon naps are a bad idea. I always end up disoriented, dehydrated, headachey and nauseous.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:48 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

paprikapapaya wrote:

Jerks! Post-its hold my life together. If someone got me a cute collection of office supplies for Christmas, I'd be stoked.
That said, though, talking shiitake about a secret santa gift at all is major bad manners.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I actually got properly sick after I looked out my window and saw there was enough snow for a parking ban. pretty sure literal vomit is not a normal emotionally sound reaction to snow.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:41 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Severely bummed after receiving some medical test results. Self soothing with a bowl of gorilla munch, watching season 5 of gossip girl, and knitting. Chores can wait for another day.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:53 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I flipping love post its. My life isn't complete with out a post it notebook by my side.

I hope some drug companies drop off some to work soon. Along with some pens. I like pens.

I love lamp.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:00 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

My landlord is driving me crazy. They are having our bathroom fixed (totally new fancy bathroom), and to allow the workers to get in and out easily, we leave our front door unlocked. This seems to be an invitation too hard to resist for my elderly Italian landlord who does not speak either English or Italian. So he just clomps upstairs whenever he feels like it. That in itself makes me really mad. Then he stands there, talking, singing, and my husband and I do our best to ignore him.

Last night I got home in the pouring rain, and at least he was not there...but I noticed my favorite towel shoved in the kitchen window between the storm window and the inside window. I touched it and it was soaking, dripping wet. My husband said the landlord came up and told him that we need to put a towel there everytime it rains. Well, if there is a leak somewhere and there is water coming in, that is NOT my problem. Get it fixed. For some reason my landlord has this terror about water seeping into the walls from between the windows.

I left the soaking wet towel right where I found it. Dripping wet between the windows. If he was worried about water, he sure is getting it now. I don't have a washer and dryer, and I am not going to the laundromat each time it rains to wash a towel. It will get all musty and moldy and if he thinks I am going to waste my towels like that, he's got something else coming. Grrrrrrr.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:10 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Tickled by a dialogue between two friends on facebook where one posted this cracked article about shiitake rich people need to stop saying and one of them is like $500,000/year isn't really THAT much money. And then other homedude is all...well if you live in California or NY it's actually really not all THAT much. And original poster is like, I don't know dude I still think no matter where you live making $500,000 a year is a lot. And then other dude is like...nah, and then OP concedes a little. I think they've settled on if you live in New York that's kinda like ....sorta rich.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:16 pm 
WELFARIST!

Fee wrote:
Tickled by a dialogue between two friends on facebook where one posted this cracked article about shiitake rich people need to stop saying and one of them is like $500,000/year isn't really THAT much money. And then other homedude is all...well if you live in California or NY it's actually really not all THAT much. And original poster is like, I don't know dude I still think no matter where you live making $500,000 a year is a lot. And then other dude is like...nah, and then OP concedes a little. I think they've settled on if you live in New York that's kinda like ....sorta rich.

Damn, I wish I was sorta rich.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:28 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I would LOVE to be sorta rich. Cause I live in CA and I don't even make a 12th of that, so.... Am I egregiously impoverished?

The answer is that I obviously am NOT because I have the cuddliest damn kitty on the planet. I can't stop gushing at her. She is just the best of the best! I should be out running errands and doing things, but instead I am sitting here snuggling the cat and cooing at her.

Also: Post-Its are the shiz. I love the hell out of them. I can't live without them.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:32 pm 

Fee wrote:

That makes me wanna vomit everywhere and throw something.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:34 pm 

strawberryrock wrote:
Fee wrote:

That makes me wanna vomit everywhere and throw something.

Also I make 1/25th of that. The cost of living is lower here but...yeah. In Portland I'm gonna go ahead and say a single person who makes $40,000 makes a lot of money.

I think I meant to edit my post and quoted myself instead. It's probably because all I've eaten today is cupcake tops.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:39 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Just used some of the gift cards I got for christmas to buy a bunch of stuff. I love when it says "total due: $0.00". Getting free stuff is the best.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1217, 1218, 1219, 1220, 1221, 1222, 1223 ... 1899  Next