| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 419, 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425 ... 593  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:27 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh 8ball, that is just terrible. I am so sorry.

Mine is so small, but with the stress I am under right now... My coffee maker died. The little red light was on, but the carafe was empty and the warming plate ice cold. That red light just mocked me.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:34 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I got fired.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm 
Semen Strong

My father called and woke me up and was being so incredibly hostile that I just said "I'm asleep." And hung up. Screw you you jerk, not everything is about you.

I am so sorry for everyone having a tough day. 8Ball, that sounds horrible, I hope Mr8 can get his accommodations back.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:48 pm 
Cranky

My movers were supposed to be here by tomorrow at the latest. Now Saturday is the earliest. I start my job on the 2nd and it's pretty much a two-day drive. Since I won't have all my stuff, my car's packed full of the essentials. I'm so frustrated!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:59 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Angelina wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
PSA: everybody who feels like crepe, consider taking jigglypuff's shower advice.

I didn't take a shower this morning, which was making me feel worse. I just took a gratuitously boiling, overly long shower and mentally feel a lot better, which makes the physical pain so much easier to deal with. Sometimes I wonder if the pain actually gets worse or if I'm just mentally weaker and therefore more susceptible. I also used obscene amounts of Chanel No5 lotion, powder, and sprayed enough parfum to kill a canary. I have no idea what is in that, but it's an instant soother for me. I've never found another scent that does that for me. Aveda Bergamot and Origins Ginger make me feel nice, but they don't boost my mood and feel like a hug. Weird. Luckily the Chanel Fairy visited me over Christmas.

Thanks for the self-care reminder jiggly! Beats whining and grousing and other wholly unconstructive activities.

Did you hear about the big asparagus Chanel #5 soap bar that costs about $65.00 or so? I think you should get that. It would help you for sure.

I have so much pain in my left shoulder due to a frozen shoulder/tennis elbow combo and I think I will need to treat myself too.

My aunt sent one! I'm googling at the thing, but still don't understand the price since its less in volume than $75 worth of smaller bars, even if it does come on a silly plexiglas pedastal. I've discovered that the $26 bar, even used everyday will last me a solid 3-4 months, so it's not as horrible a splurge as I used to think. But I can't wrap my head around a $75 bar of soap. Maybe I will hack it into pieces; it ought to last close to a year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:04 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Hugs everybody. 8ball, I am sorry they are so horrible and evil. It's not right, but, yeah, that's how companies tend to treat people. I hope this improves.

Tofulish, good on you for hanging up. You don't deserve that crepe.

Dr.A, I hope you get things sorted with as little stress as possible.

Pi, good luck finding a great new job soon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:21 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Now mom is backing away from coming with me to surgery, so it looks like I'm going to have to kiss some asparagus and get my sister's stepmom? I don't even forking know. I'm so angry at all of them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:54 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I'm sorry, gymclasszero. I hate that everyone is being so difficult and unkind.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:57 pm 
Semen Strong

gymclasszero, what the heck? How are these people such dillholes? And your mom? I just don't even get how this is happening to you. I wish you lived closer, I'd take you.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:11 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Seriously. Fork them all. Maybe call the hospital and see if they have assistance--they often do have wonderful volunteers. You don't need to be stressed out about this crepe.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:35 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Thanks, you guys. Things will work out some way. In the meantime, anxiety.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:58 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

ndpittman wrote:
I am really disappointed that you don't know Mika. I really hope you like it. I love to rock out to Life in Cartoon Motion, especially Lollipop and Big Girl (You Are Beautiful).

There was a lot about it I really liked! I was a bit bummed though, a lot of it reminded me too much of that song I really don't like... what is it... that one about we somethingerather... oh 'We are Young'... anyways, I'm a picky potato. But MIKA was cute for sure.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:27 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

GCZ, that is so messed up! I hope everything works out and you get the support you need.

We've been visiting my parents for 2 days and I'm ready to leave. My mother is SUCH a passive aggressive, manipulative drama queen. And negative. Sometimes I forget how much it sucked to live at home and how depressed I was as a teen/young adult. My partner and I have worked so hard to create a peaceful, open, drama-free life and our drama llama families just try to suck us back in!! Ugh!!!

Also, my alcoholic father who has been clean 20 years announced tonight he thinks he can "handle" drinking hard liquor and wants to start drinking again. Um, no. You have a record of substance abuse and making terrible decisions (like driving drunk) under the influence of alcohol. You almost ripped our family apart when you drank. This is not an issue of mind over matter. It's your freaking biology. I don't even know what to say to him. If he starts drinking again that's the end of our relationship. I can't let me or my partner get hurt. All of our parents are recovering drug/alcohol abusers who seriously messed up our childhoods because of their addictions. This is too much to deal with right now.

Last edited by couroupita on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:33 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Mars wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
I am really disappointed that you don't know Mika. I really hope you like it. I love to rock out to Life in Cartoon Motion, especially Lollipop and Big Girl (You Are Beautiful).

There was a lot about it I really liked! I was a bit bummed though, a lot of it reminded me too much of that song I really don't like... what is it... that one about we somethingerather... oh 'We are Young'... anyways, I'm a picky potato. But MIKA was cute for sure.

Oh, I wonder if you listened to stuff from his latest album. I pretend it doesn't exist because I don't like it at all, haha.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:42 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I woke up from a dead sleep at 2:30 am because I had been having a nightmare (I usually don't remember dreams at all) for what seemed like hours where I was running around my old neighborhood trying to check on everyone and I kept getting there only just after they'd killed themselves.

and then I sort of started to wake up and my brain just kept cycling endlessly in one scenario.

not seeing myself getting back to sleep anytime soon.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:48 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

What an awful dream boober! I hate when I have a weird dream and can't stop thinking about it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:53 am 
Nailed to the V

Yeah, I usually get that with saucy dreams, that's way cooler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:39 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Yucky migraine & feeling that I physically and mentally can't cope with things atm. I used up so much energy trying to work, and help other people have a good Christmas, I didn't leave enough for myself. After I visited my family on Christmas morning I ended up at home alone, too exhausted to cook a meal then too exhausted to eat the Indian meal I heated from the freezer. I can't talk to the people I want to talk about it to, because they'll feel guilty about the things I did to help them out so close to Christmas. I haven't eaten an actual meal in almost a week because I've been so nauseated from the exhaustion, my bones hurt.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:27 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

couroupita wrote:
Also, my alcoholic father who has been clean 20 years announced tonight he thinks he can "handle" drinking hard liquor and wants to start drinking again. Um, no. You have a record of substance abuse and making terrible decisions (like driving drunk) under the influence of alcohol. You almost ripped our family apart when you drank. This is not an issue of mind over matter. It's your freaking biology. I don't even know what to say to him. If he starts drinking again that's the end of our relationship. I can't let me or my partner get hurt. All of our parents are recovering drug/alcohol abusers who seriously messed up our childhoods because of their addictions. This is too much to deal with right now.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through with your dad. I come from that kind of family as well. Big hugs, and I hope he makes a more sensible decision.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:33 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

fezza wrote:
Yucky migraine & feeling that I physically and mentally can't cope with things atm. I used up so much energy trying to work, and help other people have a good Christmas, I didn't leave enough for myself. After I visited my family on Christmas morning I ended up at home alone, too exhausted to cook a meal then too exhausted to eat the Indian meal I heated from the freezer. I can't talk to the people I want to talk about it to, because they'll feel guilty about the things I did to help them out so close to Christmas. I haven't eaten an actual meal in almost a week because I've been so nauseated from the exhaustion, my bones hurt.

Hugs, Fezza. Can you curl up with warm blanket, warm puppy, delivery food and a good movie?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:58 pm 
Saggy Butt

Big hugs to everyone going through family/work/physical drama. It sucks when these things happen during the holidays.

I'm on my third day out sick from work. I'm feeling mostly better today and while, yes, it's not terrible staying home, I missed out on a performance opportunity and hangout time with the manfriend tonight. I just want to feel normal again - especially before New Year's Eve. Get outta here, viruses!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:08 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

lavawitch wrote:
fezza wrote:

Hugs, Fezza. Can you curl up with warm blanket, warm puppy, delivery food and a good movie?

Thank you <3 I did curl up on the couch, under a little quilt my mum made for me over 20 years ago, with an adorable new quilt cover, the hairy hound and some silly movies. I managed to make a curry and turn the spoiling rhubarb into a crumble. I then told my lovely man how I was feeling and he spent an hour talking to me on the phone, covering everything from his opposition to the death penalty to how much he loves me. My brain still feels like it's melting, but he managed to cut through all that and now I'm going to bed with happy bubbles in my belleh <3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:43 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Glad you are feeling better and! Found someone you deserve.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:31 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

They moved the closing date of our house, did not tell us and have not set a new one.

This is exactly why I said I don't trust these people.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:11 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I totaled my car today. No one was hurt, but it was my fault.

I am now feeling sorry for myself.

Reply to topic  [ 14801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 419, 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425 ... 593  Next