| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1219, 1220, 1221, 1222, 1223, 1224, 1225 ... 1767  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:01 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Every so often I go to a forum that focuses on one of my hobbies. I forget that it is not here. That there is not the wisdom, or the kindness or the intelligence that the PPK has. I just went back and they are awfully snarky and rude.

This is a lovely safe haven.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am 
Bathes in Braggs

argh. My iPhone won't connect to my wi-fi (it says 'unable to connect' without even giving me the option of entering the password), and it's refusing to activate iMessage, which I cannot for the life of me understand why not...for either of these things, and googling is not helping. Apparently my only option is to restore my phone, but I have a bunch of stuff on there (most I can get back, but seriously? I just had to resync it to my new computer and lost all my music and things).

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:01 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

It is 3AM and I left the movie theater from seeing Les Mis at 11, but STILL.

ALL THE FEELS.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:01 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I feel like I have been eating constantly for the last 72 hours. And in an hour I have to go out to lunch with my mum (this should probably go in the First World Problems thread).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:14 am 
Chard Martyr

missdelaney wrote:
argh. My iPhone won't connect to my wi-fi (it says 'unable to connect' without even giving me the option of entering the password), and it's refusing to activate iMessage, which I cannot for the life of me understand why not...for either of these things, and googling is not helping. Apparently my only option is to restore my phone, but I have a bunch of stuff on there (most I can get back, but seriously? I just had to resync it to my new computer and lost all my music and things).
I'd just try a soft restore first. It usually fixes most problems!

I just installed google voice. Will this let me get calls forwarded from work? I don't want there to be any chance that clients know my phone number. I should probably do several tests with friends first?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:16 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I saw someone in an Herbivore Clothing shirt at our local vegetarian restaurant. We live almost an entire country away from Portland, so not a common occurrence. I was also wearing a (different) Herbivore shirt. Neat!

I avoided eye contact.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I had plans to get some work done on the cat's room, so of course I started my period and have wicked cramps. Dammit. At least I have everything I need to get started when I feel alright, but I'm sure as hell not doing manual labour now. Maybe I'll spend the time updating my CV.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:13 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I want another dog so bad right now. Not just any dog, I have a specific one in mind who is a Chester-twin. She's so freakin cute and I can't even. I'm like really trying to be rational ... it's not like I have two angel dogs already, they're both so bad sometimes and they're just getting used to each other and it's a pain when we have to have someone come in the house and then they have to be separated from each other AND the guests. And it's not like another dog would be cheap. BUT I WANT.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:18 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Fee, I saw her on fb and she does look like such a sweetie! It's hard to make the decision to not get another animal, because it may not be what is right for the animals already in your house, especially when you just want to rescue all of the cuties. I have been wanting another cat in the WORST way, especially ever since I got my dog, because I know that Rowdy (the dog) really wants a kitty companion and the two cats I have are just not having it. He wants to cuddle and play with them, and they are like...not so much. But, I know if I got another cat that first of all, I would have three cats, and second that my current kitty pals would not be pleased in the least.

But...kitten! Kitten who loves playing with dog! Dog who loves playing with kitten!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:33 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It means so much to me. I am so thankful for the PPK bringing together so many awesome people.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:41 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

creep wrote:
I saw someone in an Herbivore Clothing shirt at our local vegetarian restaurant. We live almost an entire country away from Portland, so not a common occurrence. I was also wearing a (different) Herbivore shirt. Neat!

I avoided eye contact.

One time I saw someone wearing the same exact Herbivore hoodie as me, but I too avoided eye contact.
Speaking of, I just got a new Herbivore hoodie, because my old one is MIA, and was almost unwearably ratty. The website said it runs big, and they weren't kidding; I got an extra-small and it's easily a size too big. But it's comfy as hell. And there's an elephant on it. Win.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:49 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

It's Friday and I head to bed at 7.30. Why? Well there is a lovely big storm outside and what better way to enjoy it than curled up in bed with the pooch and my laptop.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:13 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

That sounds perfect, Daisy, just needs a cuppa and a packet of jammy dodgers to complete the bliss!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:17 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I had a cuppa but had to use the last of the Lotus that were opened since before Christmas. Jammy dodgers are for tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:19 pm 
Nailed to the V

why I hate Amazon and the post office

sold a book for $20 on Amazon, plus got $12.00 for shipping, but between Amazon's outrageous fees and the post office high shipping costs will only profit $10 bucks minus whatever I paid for the book. Some days there's just no point in being self-employed.

Or should this be in First World Problems?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:26 pm 
A Bad Person

Peri wrote:

sold a book for $20 on Amazon, plus got $12.00 for shipping, but between Amazon's outrageous fees and the post office high shipping costs will only profit $10 bucks minus whatever I paid for the book. Some days there's just no point in being self-employed.

I've sold several textbooks on Amazon. I'd like to find the mythical shipping system that can deliver a textbook in 4 - 14 days for only $3.99, which is all they'll allot for basic shipping. Granted, I'm buying shipping envelopes at the post office because I don't sell enough to warrant buying a pack of them, but it costs me no less than $7.50 to ship one book via the cheapest method available.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:44 pm 
And you never will.

2:30pm isn't too early to start on the spiked nog, right? I mean, if I've had a shitty morning?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Well, it's after noon - I don't see a problem with it. I hope your nog is better than the stuff I made yesterday, and that your day gets better.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:52 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

When my dad was staying with me, I saw him pouring a bit of brandy in his coffee...at 8am. I questioned him and he replied simply, 'It's five o'clock somewhere?' I hope your day makes a turn for the better; enjoy the nog!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:05 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

rachell37 wrote:
Well, it's after noon - I don't see a problem with it. I hope your nog is better than the stuff I made yesterday, and that your day gets better.

Which nog recipe do you like? I feel like I've asked you this before. I want to make something reasonably authentic using easily available UK ingredients. I've never had it to know which versions look the best.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:21 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Efcliz wrote:
rachell37 wrote:

Which nog recipe do you like? I feel like I've asked you this before. I want to make something reasonably authentic using easily available UK ingredients. I've never had it to know which versions look the best.

I like Bryanna Clark Grogan's pumpkin nog recipe. I think I've made it without the pumpkin, but I'm not sure. I almost never have ice, so I usually just add a bit of rum and/or extra soymilk so it doesn't feel so thick (though it's supposed to be thicker than straight soymilk). Oh, and the recipe doesn't call for nutmeg, but I think nutmeg is the primary flavour/smell of nog, so I always add about 1/8 - 1/4 tsp to the batch.

I always find it kinda funny that eggnog is so difficult to find here and that people here don't really drink it, because eggnog was invented in the UK.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:18 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I can hear rattling noises. I can't work out if it's a mouse or the wind. I hope it's the wind!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:59 pm 
Nailed to the V

brian wrote:
Peri wrote:

I've sold several textbooks on Amazon. I'd like to find the mythical shipping system that can deliver a textbook in 4 - 14 days for only $3.99, which is all they'll allot for basic shipping. Granted, I'm buying shipping envelopes at the post office because I don't sell enough to warrant buying a pack of them, but it costs me no less than $7.50 to ship one book via the cheapest method available.

You don't actually get the full $3.99, once they take out fees. If I sell a book for $3.95 and then Amazon gives me $3.99 in shipping, if I sell that book, the total cost Amazon will give me is only $5.01. So in reality Amazon is giving me only $1.06 for shipping costs.

And the post office has gone insane with it's increase in postage. I think they doubled the price of everything. I think Global Priority shipping used to be $8.95 to almost anywhere, now the cheapest international shipping is $16.95.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:16 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

$7.50 for media mail? You are shipping by media mail, right?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:25 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

brian wrote:

I usually spend a little bit more than 3.99 on the actual shipping, but instead of envelopes I wrap my books in old paper shopping bags with packing tape around any edges that might tend to poke through the paper. I've never had anyone complain.

Reply to topic  [ 44157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1219, 1220, 1221, 1222, 1223, 1224, 1225 ... 1767  Next