| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dylan Powell is awesome and you should help him.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:38 pm 
Nailed to the V

Hey guys! I know I haven't been here in a very long time, but I need to tell you about some things that matter to me.

Our Canadian friend Dylan Powell, formerly known on the new and old PPK forums as World B. Free/WeepToWaterTheTrees respectively, is currently in need of some money. Not only is he working on a degree on Addiction Education, but he's also being sued for $1.5 million dollars by Marineland, in response to all of his and his comrades' work to protest the park and expose the crimes of the humans who work there. Recently, mass graves with thousands of animals' bodies were found on the property, indicating that the animals on display were/are dying at an alarming rate. I don't think all the info is in yet, but it's anywhere from 20 to 60 dead each year, according to some estimates. The legal fees to fight this won't be anywhere near $1.5M and I don't see Marineland winning, but he still needs to navigate the legal system, which will take a few thousand dollars.

So anyway, please help a brother out and make sure he's able to access the resources he needs. If you can't afford to donate (I currently cannot, so I'm going to try and signal boost the shiitake out of this), then please repost this info on your Facebooks and whatnot. Dylan is super friendly, so you could probably ask him through FB any questions you might have. From my limited vantage point down here in the United States, my impression is that everything Dylan does is to save and improve lives. (He's not only an animal rights activist, but a First Nations' rights activist, a straightXedge badass, and a cop-shamer, among other things.) He's certainly been a fantastic xVx role-model throughout my years on the PPK and post-PPK.

ALSO if you're in the Niagara, Canada area, you should consider going to his fundraising party in a few weeks. It sounds like a good time.

School fund: http://dylanaddictionfund.chipin.com/dy ... ploma-fund
Article about the lawsuit: http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2012/1 ... other-suit
Article about the mass graves: http://www.bulletnewsniagara.ca/2012/12 ... al-graves/
Fundraising event page with instructions on how to contribute towards the legal expenses: http://www.facebook.com/events/449890735073583/

Thank you in advance for your help, everyone! Take care.

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

Post subject: Re: Dylan Powell is awesome and you should help him.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:53 pm 
Dildo Queen

he is seriously the best person ever. i love this guy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:00 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Aww shucks you two. Thank you! And thank you to Adam Crisis for the dono!

"POSI JUMP HURTS MY TITS" - Isa.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:06 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

eta: nevermind!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:59 am 
Nailed to the V

semiautomatic wrote:
he is seriously the best person ever. i love this guy.

You are very correct.

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:25 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I totally agree. Having been to several Marineland demos myself this year and having known Dylan from some other mutual endeavors, it is a worthy pursuit to invest in his school fund and/or legal defense. Coincidentally, I just wrote a blog post about some of this today. Give if you can!