| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 425  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:32 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Also if you eat a head of broccoli and a tomato together every day and still get prostate cancer, they will say it's because you used to eat meat. Like if you ever get cancer, even if you've been eating a diet so clean it squeaks for 5-10 years, it's still your fault.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:46 am 
Semen Strong

Yes, exactly. Blaming cancer victims is just horrible.

I've been vegan for 7 years and my cholesterol levels are still terrible. Most cholesterol is made by our bodies, not derived from food, but I keep seeing posts telling people they need to stop eating red meat etc to lower their cholesterol. Someone on FB posted that you were a negligent parent if you didn't go vegan because heart disease is the number one killer of adults in America. I haven't eaten red meat in 9 years, but still have high levels and my MD thinks I'm close to needing to go on statins.

But yes, let's shame sick people to further a vegan agenda.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:22 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Ariann wrote:
Paloma - that sucks. Are you going anywhere with some nicer restaurants that you could call ahead and have them plan something for you? I made a trip to rural Idaho once to see family and I wound up with a couple really nice meals at places that don't have anything vegan on the menu. We picked the most "upscale" restaurants in town, called in the afternoon when they weren't busy/weren't open yet, and talked directly to the chefs.

It's solved! We've decided on getting us an apartment rather than a hotel, so I can cook myself. Looking forward to it. I've spent the entire month in the kitchen for work, and I'd be so happy to plan and cook some nice stuff for ourselves. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:46 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

On a ski trip with my boyfriend's family. This is hell. Nothing to eat, can't go to the grocery store because of the storm, constant comments.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:55 am 
Saggy Butt

That jars of almond butter ever end.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:57 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

veggiepalooza wrote:
On a ski trip with my boyfriend's family. This is hell. Nothing to eat, can't go to the grocery store because of the storm, constant comments.

Worst! I'm sorry, and I hope you don't have to go too long without food! This is exactly why I try to keep emergency granola bars in my purse at all times. But sometimes I forget and have nothing to eat and people are like, why aren't you eeeaaaatinng?

People keep saying how expensive it must be to eat vegan. Why on earth do people think this thing? I'm getting a little tired of explaining it all. Sometimes I just wish I had cards with answers to the most commonly asked questions about veganism so I could just hand those over and not have to talk about it forever.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:33 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

my dad who is borderline diabetic with high cholesterol attempted to poke fun of our love of tofu at our xmas get together...seriously?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:15 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

yeah i have an acquaintance who i believe is type 2 diabetic, is pretty heavy, takes all sorts of meds for health related issues, and seems uncomfortable most of the time and yet makes fun of how i eat.

i know veganism isnt a cureall for these ailments but at least you're eating better.

the last time i saw this person 4 of us met in NYC to go to a concert and we were looking for a place for dinner. i was the only vegan, 2 veg-friendly friends, and him.
we were going to go to an Asian BBQ type place which would have had food for everyone and he basically forced us to eat at the hotel restaurant cause he wanted steak. i had a salad made of basically weeds. i had been walking around NYC all day and was starving.

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:28 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Last night I had a friend's husband quiz me on how I get my protein. He's a doctor. Luckily he is a doctor in Canada and not here. I then got the "I know "lots" of vegans that have low protein.

I quickly changed the topic.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:46 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

daisychain wrote:
Last night I had a friend's husband quiz me on how I get my protein. He's a doctor. Luckily he is a doctor in Canada and not here. I then got the "I know "lots" of vegans that have low protein.

I quickly changed the topic.

And I know "lots" of docs that are crassholes, dickweed.

Sheesh. Sounds like you were able to rise above, though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:06 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I gave the..... every food is made of protein reply followed by the..... well considering my eczema has cleared, my hair has started growing back for the first time in 3 years on the right side of my head (seriously, it hadn't grown in 3 years and was falling out before) and my nails could take out an eyeball so I'd say my protein intake is mighty fine. Then changed the topic to my love of cooking where I dragged another friend into the conversation and asked her was she out to eat lately because I know she is a foodie too.

Didn't want to tell him about the fact that there is such thing as excessive protein intake and it's health implications since he is a doctor and he should know that already and I am not a know it all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:31 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

LisaPunk wrote:

i know veganism isnt a cureall for these ailments but at least you're eating better.

my dad eats at a country restaurant or fast food daily...he snacks on pain pills, sleeping pills and trays of pastries at night...anyone eats better than him. he tries to throw out the "i eat whole wheat toast" line stating he is healthy. my dad is not a large guy, he was once big but with age and illness he is not big...just not healthy and dumb. i am sorry to say my dad is dumb but he was going on about melatonin in tea being bad....um he pops 3 sleeping pills, cough syrup (for sleeping effect) and a cocktail at night like it's a good thing! i am surprised (and many others) are he has not killed himself.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:18 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Vegan pet peeve of yesterday: some douche standing in front of the vegan cheeses and meats at whole foods making dumb where's the foie gras jokes and looking around at other people like "amiright or amiright?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:04 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Yes actually I do kind if mind if you fill my fridge with cow cheese

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:17 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

UGH! Cgvegan. I'm dealing with my dad's left over cheese now. I brought it in to work for someone, and she's like, why don't you just cut it up and leave it in the kitchen, then everyone will eat it. Co-worker is a real sweetheart, and I felt like a jerk, but maybe I don't want to cut up the cheese. Maybe I don't want anything to do with it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:13 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

ndpittman wrote:
UGH! Cgvegan. I'm dealing with my dad's left over cheese now. I brought it in to work for someone, and she's like, why don't you just cut it up and leave it in the kitchen, then everyone will eat it. Co-worker is a real sweetheart, and I felt like a jerk, but maybe I don't want to cut up the cheese. Maybe I don't want anything to do with it.
I'm always taken aback by how gross it smells, especially since once upon a time I used to love the stuff. Now whenever I catch a whiff I wonder whose baby just vomited.

"SMLOUNCE!" ~ smurfterrobang?!
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:48 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

It's right next to my tofu :/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:07 pm 
Inflexitarian

Desdemona wrote:
I'm always taken aback by how gross it smells, especially since once upon a time I used to love the stuff. Now whenever I catch a whiff I wonder whose baby just vomited.

This! Someone asked if they could eat a fast food burger in my car, and I said yes but explained that the cheese smell was going to kill me.... They kindly refrained.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:56 pm 
Dildo Queen

urban decay selling itself to l'oreal :'(
mac selling shiitake to china now :'(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:57 pm 
Dildo Queen

mac selling shiitake to china now :'(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:28 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I never liked cheese much to begin with, but the smell of eggs cooking makes me wanna barf. Eggs were the first thing I learned to cook as a kid and I used to love them.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:07 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

semiautomatic wrote:

really??

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:45 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

stuckunderhere wrote:
semiautomatic wrote:

really??

Yep. They are maintaining their animal free testing status though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:55 am 
Nooch of Earl

http://california.legoland.com/plan/dietary_guide/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:18 pm 
Grandfathered In

annak wrote:
http://california.legoland.com/plan/dietary_guide/

Upper Deck Sports Cafe

legoland wrote:
Entree salads (Note that these meals generally all come with protein, however our food station attendants will gladly sterilize utensils on request)

Vegans can't eat protein, I guess?

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 10610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 425  Next