| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 141  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:56 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I don't know where else to rant about this so I'm posting here! My boyfriend had a friend in college (a girl) who has ALWAYS been really cruel to me. The first two years I ignored it and didn't say anything to her, and he's so delusional he didn't even notice. After that, I couldn't handle it anymore. She went from ignoring me to saying cruel things to other people and whispering about me when I was around. He claimed that he couldn't stop being friends with her because they had all the same friends and were in all the same classes. Plus her father is in the field my boyfriend wants to go in and so is she, so he said he couldn't burn that bridge.

The graduated and both go to grad school in NYC (different schools) and their best friend who lives in California is coming for New Years Eve sooo they are going to all hang out. I also konw they have hung out a handful of times.

I never wanted to be that girlfriend who told her boyfriend who he could hang out with, but I'm so tired of this. How could he want to be around someone who has been SO cruel to me? I'm so mad at him and I'm not going to go visit him for New Years Eve. All through college I missed things because she was there. His 21st birthday, after graduation parties, etc. He's so anti confrontational, but this is too much.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:19 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Have you ever confronted her directly, face to face about this? Because if you have not, then it feels to me that you are the one being anti-confrontational. It's not his job to mediate that kind of thing. Absolutely I think that if you have confronted her, and if she's still a crasshole, then he should be in your corner as your boyfriend, but you have to manage your own relationship with this girl. Go to the party and if she says a rude thing to you, tell her to fork off. People who don't like each other can still go to the same parties.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:05 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Word to what Mars said, though I find the idea terrifying!!!

I have a crush (Actually, I kind of have 2 crushes but one is an OKC crush I haven't met yet so whatever). I spent the afternoon and evening with him and it was wonderful. Now I just have to keep from feeling like I need to text every single day for hours just to make my paranoia disappear. That is going to be the hardest partttttt.... (I guess that's what the PPK is for? Sharing all my feelings so I can still look cool to my crush?!?)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:22 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

um yes the ppk is precisely for that, yes.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:19 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Work crush has offered to mix me drinks, which I told him I would totally go for after the whole surgery ordeal is done.

Cute moment: He told me he's reading "a compilation of essays by this dude from the eighteen hundreds" named William James. I may have snorted at the usage of dude.

I close with him for the last time for several weeks this Thursday. Mega flirt opportunity?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:07 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

SO I'm sick, and magic crush has been texting me all day asking things like: "are you drinking enough water? Epsom salt bath?" Wow swoon. And he offered to get me things from the store but I couldn't think of anything and felt silly to invent something just to see him. But he seemed persistent so I did say if he was feeling up for risking being around a sick person we could watch some Downton together. He said he wants to but he'd be too tempted to make out with me and that'd be a bad idea with me being sick. :}

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:37 am 

It is so coooolld this morning. I'm at work and all I wanna do is cuddle and have make outs with my crush. Sigh. (So far, the only downside is that he's significantly older than me ~14 years, which is the largest gap I've ever had but WHATEVER BECAUSE HE'S CUTE)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:57 am 

Also, he texted me this morning, thereby reassuring me. Paranoia subsides for at least a couple hours.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:08 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

woah morning text is hella good. I will pull that shiitake out for like 4, 5 people in my current social sphere max and they are all friends or family. morning texts are good news.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:31 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

lillianp wrote:
It is so coooolld this morning. I'm at work and all I wanna do is cuddle and have make outs with my crush. Sigh. (So far, the only downside is that he's significantly older than me ~14 years, which is the largest gap I've ever had but WHATEVER BECAUSE HE'S CUTE)

My brother is 17 years older than his wife (kiddo number 3 was born in July they're working on number 4), it works for some people.

Is it technically a crush when you've been with someone for two months? I constantly swoon while looking at my lovely man and go pathetically limp sometimes when he holds me. Seeing him putting his lens on my work camera and start firing off shots at a music gig last week made me giddy with excitement. Biggest crush I've ever had in my life!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:09 am 

fezza wrote:

My brother is 17 years older than his wife (kiddo number 3 was born in July they're working on number 4), it works for some people.

Is it technically a crush when you've been with someone for two months? I constantly swoon while looking at my lovely man and go pathetically limp sometimes when he holds me. Seeing him putting his lens on my work camera and start firing off shots at a music gig last week made me giddy with excitement. Biggest crush I've ever had in my life!
booberthefraggle wrote:
woah morning text is hella good. I will pull that shiitake out for like 4, 5 people in my current social sphere max and they are all friends or family. morning texts are good news.

Fezza, I'm so excited for you! I'm not sure it's still a crush, but it could be. Crushes are fun! I've always done better with older guys (1st ex is 8 years older than me) so I'm gonna go with the flow and see where it leads (as much as is possible for me, a worry wort planner).

Boober, You just made me happier! I'm so swoony right now.

Last edited by lillianp on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:10 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

My crush texted me at 8 this morning to see how my move was going. Swoon. We have plans to hang out Sunday evening :)

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:06 am 
Dead by dawn

fezza wrote:

I feel giddy and swoony about biker boy still and if I want to call him a crush, I will!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:10 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

woah totally inappropriate nap dreams about same object of impossible (because of life circumstances) crush.
A+ dream, excellent break from the terrible ones, but WOW do I need to get back in to the studio, if my subconscious is getting bored enough to fabricate THAT.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:03 pm 

I love how blushy and smily work crush gets when he sees me, it makes me feel cute. It's nice to not be the only one blushing all the time!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:09 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Geez, this thread is so full of cute it's like a pile of kittens and puppies wearing knit hats being watched over by goats in trees.

It would actually be a little nauseating if I weren't so happy for everybody, and if it weren't all so darn cute.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:37 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Yaaayy Monkeytoes, crushes it is then! (I can't stop smiling every time I look at the photo I facebooked of us).

Thanks guys <3 I do agree lavawitch, we're so cute together I have to retrain myself when we're in public, we'd get slapped and told to get a room otherwise!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:40 am 

I'm being all squishy inside when I think about my crush this morning. Someone stop me! I need to work!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:11 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Sunday is a million years away. When I said I could hang out Sunday, he said that he was running a 25K that morning and then working in a neighboring town and wouldn't be back until 6, and I said that if he wasn't too exhausted that 6 would be fine for me, and he said 'oh, for sure' that he still wanted to hang out.

He is so dreamy. I just want to look at his face and listen to him talk. I wonder if he feels the same way about meeee.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:32 am 

Last day of working with work crush for a few weeks! Can't wait to see him today!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:04 pm 

Oooh yeahh, this is why I love and hate dating. I get so neerrrvouuussss between dates and worry that they'll suddenly not like me anymore. And of course, I read into those little things (no morning text this morning!) and kind of make up stories in my head. I wanna be cool for this guy! I really like him! (Also the first I gave my # to in an exercise in adult dating that I actually really wanted to call me)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:10 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

lavawitch wrote:
Geez, this thread is so full of cute it's like a pile of kittens and puppies wearing knit hats being watched over by goats in trees.

I want this. I want to gaze at this every day when I am stressed.

Also, this thread makes me so happy for all the happy people having happy crushy feelings!

I still totally have a crush on my boy. I'm cool with it. It's been five months! This is the longest thing that I've had in a long time. My last thing was six months and that ended a year and a half ago. Before that it was yeeeeaaaaaars since I'd even had someone who was a "boyfriend" and not just "a guy I'm kinda dating or something." Gosh I hope I don't fork this up!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:15 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

fezza wrote:
Yaaayy Monkeytoes, crushes it is then! (I can't stop smiling every time I look at the photo I facebooked of us).

Thanks guys <3 I do agree lavawitch, we're so cute together I have to retrain myself when we're in public, we'd get slapped and told to get a room otherwise!

I have a feeling I am like that in public with the special lady friend, sooooo cutepie together, moony eyes and noone else moments. eeeeee.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:19 am 

Crush has a whole foods addiction. He's not veg but he took pictures of seitan and the non-dairy cream cheeses/milks/etc and said he was thinking of me. He made me go all squishy again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:50 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

lycophyte wrote:
I have a feeling I am like that in public with the special lady friend, sooooo cutepie together, moony eyes and noone else moments. eeeeee.

My crush and I were hanging out at a bar with a bunch of my friends recently and later they all said that they felt like they were just on a date with the two of us. Apparently, we were doing the same thing. Oops!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 141  Next