| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230 ... 318  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:39 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

good luck oncewewerewesties! i hope you get your birthing center birth but if you end up having to have a hospital birth just try and get your mindset straight. i think that will help you a lot. you arent going to the hospital becuase you are sick or something is wrong, it's just some place you have to go to have the baby.
just think: same experience, different environment. :-)
you can make it into a positive experience.

good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

wrt monitoring, you can refuse if you wish, both because it restricts your movements and can make some moms irritable/tense, etc. You can also see if they have a telemetry/wireless monitor, so that you can still walk around easily. I used this and it was great...had a strap around my belly, but it didn't bother me. You can also ask that the sound be turned off...important if you are distracted by the noise during contractions.

I hope things go well for you. This is such an anxious but very exciting time. Soon, you'll be a family of three! Eek!

Another, possibly old wives' tales things that might get things going: eating copious amounts of pineapple.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:11 pm 
Chip Strong

You can definitely have a positive hospital birth oncewerewesties! I missed the cut off for the birthing center as well and the hospital staff knew I was one of the patients who wanted to use the birthing center and they treated me as such. But really, I only ever had my midwife and one nurse in my room. Good luck!

Not too much to update here. I'm 17 weeks and had a checkup last week. I finally gained some weight. I am just exhausted though. My husband is off of work this week and has been letting me sleep in. And then I nap with Ada. But I am still wiped out. I am less nauseous now (as in i haven't had the dry heaves in a couple of weeks) but I am still struggling to find food to eat. Nothing sound good to me. I made all of this food for Christmas dinner and then couldn't eat any of it. Oh I did rediscover clementines today and now I just want to eat those. And I finally pulled out a few maternity shirts because this belly is getting big already! So far my regular pants are ok.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:50 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

refinnej wrote:
wrt monitoring, you can refuse if you wish, both because it restricts your movements and can make some moms irritable/tense, etc. You can also see if they have a telemetry/wireless monitor, so that you can still walk around easily. I used this and it was great...had a strap around my belly, but it didn't bother me. You can also ask that the sound be turned off...important if you are distracted by the noise during contractions.

I hope things go well for you. This is such an anxious but very exciting time. Soon, you'll be a family of three! Eek!

Another, possibly old wives' tales things that might get things going: eating copious amounts of pineapple.

Thanks, refinnej! Very much looking forward to the positive outcome [getting to meet our baby] whatever the process ends up being.
Someone I used to work with just gave birth a few weeks ago after consuming five pineapples in 48 hours... but of course you never know if it was going to happen anyway or whether the old wives tale has 'worked'.

We had the 41 week ultrasound today and everything looks excellent, which was reassuring, and I'm still hoping for something to start happening tonight!

Sashi, I can only imagine how much hard work it must be being pregnant and looking after a toddler, no wonder you're exhausted! Hope more food starts sounding appealing for you soon!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:37 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

well it's officially started.
my MIL is now officially telling me how to parent by posting "helpful tidbits" on my fb wall.

i knew this was coming and frankly i was surprised it didnt come before hand.

soon im sure she will be telling me how awful i am for having the kid in a hospital (she had 4 homebirthed kids, i have not 1 single problem with home births it's just not for me).

i react badly to people telling me what to do.

must. lower. level. of. annoyance.....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:30 pm 

Heh. It's just warming you up for when the kidlet arrives. :) You're never going to make everyone happy, and who cares if you do? Whatever you and your partner decide is best...there ya go.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:51 am 
Bathes in Braggs

www, it may be just another old wives tale, but basil pesto is supposed to get things moving. i read that when i was 10 days "overdue" with my last baby. i made a batch and ate shedloads of it in the afternoon and started getting random contractions about an hour later. 24 hours later she was out :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:43 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i think i finally felt what was definitely baby movement last night (22 weeks).
previous every now and then i feel something super faint but it doesnt last and it's so hard to tell if it's baby or gas or tummy rumblings.
last night i was laying in back on my back reading the Sears book. and it was the part about fetal hiccups specifically but sure enough it was saying in general babies are most active at night and in the morning when you are resting and then wham-o i felt something that was definitely not gas/rumblies. it was still small but i was like OOOH!
i put my hand on my stomach not expecting to feel it on the outside yet (i have an anterior placenta and a nice chunk of tummy fat) and i felt the tiniest little nudge on my hand.
i screamed for my husband cause he has been dying to feel it and he said he thinks he may have felt something very slight too. then it stopped.

i was like "holy crepe there IS something in there!" ;-)
hehehehe it was so cute. i wrote down the date i need to put it in like the baby book or something.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:07 pm 

Yay for baby movements!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:47 pm 
Chip Strong

Awww yay! I just started feeling the baby move in the last couple of days too. I guess what I thought I felt weeks ago wasn't actually the baby. So exciting!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:50 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

isnt it cool Sashi? i dont have a ton of movement going on but i definitely feel stuff every now and then. :-)

anyone seen oncewewerewesties post in the last couple days? maybe she made her cut off date??? i hope so. :-)
i hope she is doing well and we will see pics soon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:55 pm 

Thanks for thinking of me, Lisapunk! I'm still here and in one piece, so we'll be delivering in the hospital but I'm working on being at peace with that and still hoping for an intervention-free birth.

madam dahlia, I wish I had enough basil to make pesto!
LisaPunk wrote:
i think i finally felt what was definitely baby movement last night (22 weeks).
previous every now and then i feel something super faint but it doesnt last and it's so hard to tell if it's baby or gas or tummy rumblings.

I don't think I was sure I was feeling movement till around 22 weeks. It's so surreal, and then you get so used to having parties going on in your belly - now I can't imagine what it's going to feel like to have my body un-occupied again!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:48 pm 
Semen Strong

Yay OWW! Sending you lots of good thoughts!

I had an anterior placenta and never really felt L until after 20 weeks. I remember how she used to have the hiccups all the time at 5 pm after 30 weeks. Wow, I miss feeling her inside me.

Makes me cry every time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:53 am 
Bathes in Braggs

don't worry www, your hypno classes will still be very helpful in hospital :D

and tofulish, that is BEAUTIFUL. way to make me teary...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:14 am 

Oh, baby hiccups! I was feeling them for ages before it finally dawned on me what they were....thought she was kicking me in rhythm, heh. Freya is turning into such a "child" now that some days it's hard to remember that she was this teeny baby who lived in me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:10 am 

refinnej wrote:
Oh, baby hiccups! I was feeling them for ages before it finally dawned on me what they were....thought she was kicking me in rhythm, heh.

yeah, this. Which is extra silly considering my mum has told me almost all my life about how I hiccuped for five months straight in-utero.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:06 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ahhh boooo oncewewerewesties i was hoping you made your cut off date!
ah well. :-/
c'est la vie.

it sucks since you cant have what you wanted but i am confident you can make your hospital birth what you want it to be.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:23 pm 

Just signed up for hypnobirthing classes. Starts next week-very excited to connect with some other moms to be in my town while learning about this stuff. My husband sounds on board, hopefully he'll be okay with it. After reading one of the Bradley books, all I could think was "there is now way my husband would buy into this crepe and actually practice this stuff" We'll see what happens.

Oh and my little baby is moving like crazy. I feel it the most when I lay flat on my back, which I know you aren't really supposed to do that much, but when I'm going to bed and getting ready to get out of bed it is a bit of a guilty pleasure.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:53 am 

Thinking about you oww...hope all is well!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:09 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i think someone told me you should be fine lying on your back as long as you dont feel pain/discomfort. you will feel discomfort/pain before the baby does.

i thought someone here told me that......

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:35 pm 
***LIES!!!***

LisaPunk wrote:
i think someone told me you should be fine lying on your back as long as you dont feel pain/discomfort. you will feel discomfort/pain before the baby does.

i thought someone here told me that......

me, c/o my midwives.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:47 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i had some relatives complaining i hadnt posted any pics so i had to do a photoshoot.
here is me @ 23 weeks. as you see i can pass for bloated. im probably doing this pregnancy thing "wrong" ;-)

the hat is so you cant see how nasty my hair is (ie roots)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:45 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

LisaPunk you look so cute!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm 

Definitely not bloat! Cute!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:45 pm 

refinnej wrote:
Thinking about you oww...hope all is well!

Thanks!

Just got home today, labour started on Sunday night and on Wednesday morning I finally had my daughter in my arms. Will get round to plugging in a camera soon and try to post some birth story deets, but for now we can chalk her up as another example of vegans growing healthy babies: she was 9lb1oz and 53cm long which puts her in the 91st percentile for length, weight [and head circumference too].

She is perfect, and I am so in love!
_____

Looking great, Lisa, you're definitely not doing it wrong!

chiveggie, I'm happy to share some hypnobirthing info - we loved the classes! While the birth might not have gone down the way we might have 'hoped', I will definitely say the hypnobirthing techniques paid off and were helpful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230 ... 318  Next