| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 421, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 427 ... 593  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:14 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

j-dub wrote:
Well.

Just found out tonight that my roommate is moving in with her boyfriend (again). Which means I have to either move in one month--no idea how long this recovery is going to take and I'm broke from missing so much work. Or move March 1, given that I will be out of the country for a wedding Feb 26-Mar 3. I have to decide by tomorrow. A liiiiittle more notice would have been nice.

Oh, FFS, your roommate... Is she going to pay her share of the bills until the lease is up?

That totally stinks, J-Dub.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:20 am 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry J-Dub. I hope your recovery is going well. Can you ask your roommate to stay for just one extra month or have them find you a sublettor? It just seems really harsh to put the entire burden on replacing her on you, when you should be focussed on healing from surgery.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:34 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

it's still early to call this the worst thing about my day (im an eternal pessimist) but i walked into the building where i worked this morning, coughed, and something wonky happened in my back and shooting pain went up and down my spine and now im in a good amount of pain.

not quite as much as when ive actually thrown my back out before but im not comfortable.

:-/

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:46 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I'm heading to my divorce lawyer this morning. And the man who was helping me through this and giving me so much strength decided last night to try to save his own marriage and go back to his ex-wife... who is my best friend.
(I wish I could be making this sort of crazy up.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:13 am 
Semen Strong

Oh flava, I am so very sorry. I hope things go well at the lawyer's office. I hope that once you get clear on how things are going to go, you and N can decide to work together to make this as painless and easy for all of you. It senses like you've had so much drama around you for the last few weeks, can you find space for some self-care and peace in the next few days?

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:26 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I was just thinking of you, flavabean. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Good luck? Not sure of the right thing to say.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:57 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I've been in the waiting room at the maxillofacial orthodontics department at the hospital for well over an hour past my appointment time now & I'm so fed up. I'm starving but I can't deal with eating before someone pokes about in my mouth and the shop's shut so I can't boost my blood sugar with cola! I freaking hate hospitals and the dentist anyway & this really isn't helping!

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:13 am 
Nailed to the V

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:08 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Urgh, that is horrific! It's like they're laughing at your pain!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Vantine wrote:
j-dub wrote:
Well.

Just found out tonight that my roommate is moving in with her boyfriend (again). Which means I have to either move in one month--no idea how long this recovery is going to take and I'm broke from missing so much work. Or move March 1, given that I will be out of the country for a wedding Feb 26-Mar 3. I have to decide by tomorrow. A liiiiittle more notice would have been nice.

Oh, FFS, your roommate... Is she going to pay her share of the bills until the lease is up?

That totally stinks, J-Dub.

Thankfully the lease is up and we're on month to month. But this timing is just awful.
Tofulish wrote:
I am so sorry J-Dub. I hope your recovery is going well. Can you ask your roommate to stay for just one extra month or have them find you a sublettor? It just seems really harsh to put the entire burden on replacing her on you, when you should be focussed on healing from surgery.

Honestly, I've just had such shiitake luck finding good roommates that I'd much rather find a studio. It's the timing thing that is awful. If all else fails I can stay with my mom but....mental health! And a two-hour each way commute to work!

I'm going to ask if she can stay through March but I'm pretty sure I know the answer already. Sigh.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:32 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Just got back from the Animal ER with Rowdy, who started peeing blood yesterday afternoon. They figure it's a UTI, but he could have a stone. Started him on antibiotics and pain pills and have to keep an eye out to make sure that he is able to pee when he goes (which is a lot right now). Naturally this would happen on a weekend/holiday when my normal (much less expensive) vet is closed.

The place was really sad though...there was a family there whose dog was obviously dying, and they were all in tears.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:39 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

*hugs* to everyone

Poor Rowdy. That happened Jake when I had him. I came home and it was like a blood bath in the kitchen. He hadn't just blood in his urine.... it was out and out blood and lots of it. Rushed him to the vet at 8pm on a Saturday. Turned out it was just a nasty UTI but the vet had thought it could have been a blockage so done an ultrasound and I had to bring back a urine sample on the monday. I was severely lucky because the vet adored Jake and only charged me €25 for the entire thing. (Jake now lives with the vet).

So, me.... didn't start off well... managed to set off my house alarm at 7am and woke up half the neighbourhood. Then this evening caught harassed by a nutjob at the beach who may have assaulted my dog but definitely threw a stick at me. She is going to report me to the cops for having the dog off the leash.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:49 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

What?! Aren't dogs supposed to be able to enjoy the beach if they're not badly behaved? Hope you weren't hurt.

So far, mine is discovering a fall of soot has come down my chimney and when I started trying to clear it up it irritated my nose quite a bit. Bummer, because I was hoping to have a friend stay in that room and I'm not sure I want to risk making them feel bad too (they used to get sinusitis).

Dammit, my sinuses hurt and I keep sneezing. This is rubbish.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:02 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

She's a german shepherd so she is meant to be muzzled and leashed the whole time even though she is one of the sweetest dogs ever.

She is so gentle that the girl in the pet shop is obsessed with giving her treats because she is so gentle and timid taking it and even looks at me for permission and an "ok" before she will even take it. I have her trained to not take a treat until I give the command ok.

Had to run off mid message because she started vomiting all over the living room floor. She didn't even heave beforehand. She just opened her mouth and it poured out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:31 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

fork, I now have a string of new worst things.

First I was continuing trying to tidy up, then I sneezed while kneeling down and peed myself in the trousers I was planning to wear out tonight, and the washing machine is already on with a load. Then I went upstairs to pee properly and when I was coming down I tripped somehow and almost fell down the stairs.

I don't generally pee when I sneeze. I hope it was just a position thing, rather than a new horrible thing my body has decided to do to me.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:35 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Don't panic about it..... happened me a few times during the summer. Mostly when I was bending down to pick something up and I like.... leaked. Luckily the two times it happened I was at home. Been petrified since and a little bit obsessional about going to the loo. I now always have a pantyliner on. I thought that shiitake doesn't happen til you are menopausal!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:48 pm 
Nailed to the V

just had tea with a crasshole

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:32 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Emilie wrote:
just had tea with a crasshole

This is a great sentence, haha. Sorry you had to deal with that.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:15 pm 
Tofu Pup

I found 2 cross stitch patterns my husband would really love so I decided to start making them now-ish for Yule - one is rather intense and will push my patience limit :) - Anyways, so then my sister messaged me just a bit after this and I was all excited, especially because he is so hard to shop for, so I told her and her response was "Well. Goody for you. I'll be shopping for (spouse) in December. He's lucky if he gets boxers and socks. har har har."

(ok, she didn't actually type the har har, but I know exactly how she said this and it was definitely there.)

I get so tired of her mocking attitude because of things like I craft stuff and she doesn't. Couldn't she just bloody well be happy for me? fork. Bleh.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:06 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I was at my best friends NYE party, and then my friend from Canada who's here to celebrate NYE with me, got a phonecall that his car, his forking car, was burnt down because of fireworks. HIS CAR! His forking car. what the fizzle ? It was parked in front of my house, and I always thought that my neighborhood was bad, but not that bad, you know? I feel sad and angry and disappointed and whatnot. I have not been able to stop saying what the fizzle for the last hour at least.

what the fizzle, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:24 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Judge dismissed one of my animal cruelty cases for reasons contrary to law. I can appeal, but I have to persuade my boss since we have to pay defense attorney costs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:08 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Emilie wrote:

I'm glad I didn't see that 'till after my appointment!! Turns out they lost my paperwork & instead of doing something about it they just kept skipping to the next person in the queue until I went & asked them what the hell was going on! Professional! They were lovely though & the only dentists ever not to give me shiitake about my piercings.

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:24 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

apparently i am a baguette dyke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:41 am 
Impressive boner

fupapack wrote:
baguette

Is that a filter?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:31 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

yeah some guy call me a "fag" and a dyke, i totally didn't hear it, my date did and didn't tell me until later. which is for the best.

Reply to topic  [ 14801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 421, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 427 ... 593  Next