| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1223, 1224, 1225, 1226, 1227, 1228, 1229 ... 1864  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:58 pm 
Semen Strong

It sounds so pretty! I am so happy that stuff is making you happy, you deserve tons of joy and I hope your new place brings you lots of good things!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:18 pm 
Mediocre Tart

I would love to watch a UK comedy panel show and JUST ONCE not find them slagging Scottish people. Just. forking. once. fork's sake.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:07 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

interrobang?! wrote:
I would love to watch a UK comedy panel show and JUST ONCE not find them slagging Scottish people. Just. forking. once. fork's sake.

Is there ever a response from any public figures when those shows are racist?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:22 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Vantine wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:

It's not racist because, y'know, Scottish people. Deep fried mars bars and stupid accents. HUR HUR HUR.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:33 pm 
Chard Martyr

I heart the Scottish folks. I'd love to watch a UK comedy panel show right about now. I'm trying out Pram Face. Not sure how I feel about it.

I found a hilarious some e-card earlier and wanted to find it again to send it to a friend but can't find it now. Grrr.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:45 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

A terrifying thought just occurred to me.

What if, after I move into my new place, I come home tipsy and decide to go out on the balcony to get some air or smoke a cig or something equally stupid, and then I fall off? Pretty sure that would be the dumbest way to die ever, and suddenly I'm afraid it's going to happen. Must enforce a very strict 'no balcony whilst drinking' rule that I will follow no matter what.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:53 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

interrobang?! wrote:
Vantine wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:

It's not racist because, y'know, Scottish people. Deep fried mars bars and stupid accents. HUR HUR HUR.

Sounds like america and the south. HUR HUR HUR indeed.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:27 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

allularpunk wrote:
A terrifying thought just occurred to me.

What if, after I move into my new place, I come home tipsy and decide to go out on the balcony to get some air or smoke a cig or something equally stupid, and then I fall off? Pretty sure that would be the dumbest way to die ever, and suddenly I'm afraid it's going to happen. Must enforce a very strict 'no balcony whilst drinking' rule that I will follow no matter what.

I think it's just part of living alone. I live alone too, and for some reason I'm afraid of locking myself in the shower and having the lock break down and being trapped in there without anyone to free me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:50 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Flirting with work crush and thinking how sad it is I have jaw surgery on Friday, which will signify the temporary death of my social life. I mean, we can text, but I won't even be at work to see him. This makes me sad because things are going well and soon my face is going to be a balloon.

Also, the thought of nothing but liquid for six weeks is making me almost as sad. Though I'm hatching a recipe for chocolate peanut butter milkshakes involving lots of so delicious ice cream, which should take care of some of the sadness.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:22 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I just bought gift magazine subscriptions for belated christmas presents. Now I feel like my grampa, who bought everyone magazine subscriptions every year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:26 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

GymClassZero wrote:
Though I'm hatching a recipe for chocolate peanut butter milkshakes involving lots of so delicious ice cream, which should take care of some of the sadness.

Chocolate + peanut butter cures all sad things, in my experience. Good luck with your jaw surgery/balloon face/not getting to see your crush! I haven't seen my crush in over a week and it has sucked!

Paloma wrote:
I think it's just part of living alone. I live alone too, and for some reason I'm afraid of locking myself in the shower and having the lock break down and being trapped in there without anyone to free me.

A new thing to be terrified of! Thank you! I'm also a little freaked out because the front door to my apt is glass (why? why are all the doors on this place see-through?) and I can't figure out how to make the blinds work so you can't actually see straight into my living room, so all of my neighbors are going to see me walking around naked until I can afford to get a panel curtain to cover it.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:36 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Apparently the pain management doctor I'm seeing tomorrow is universally hated online. I'm hoping this is just because people only bother to post if they are pissed off.

I see a new gastro this month too; everybody also hates them, though not as much. I wish I could see my old gastro, who is deservedly well-loved, but no longer accepts my insurance.

Of course, everybody seems to dislike my PCM, and I think she is pretty ok, but she isn't warm and fuzzy, so maybe that's the problem. I don't need a warm, fuzzy doctor as long as they take me seriously and listen.

Although warm, fuzzy doctors can be awesome. My gastric bypass surgeon used to end each appointment with a teary hug. She was really invested in all of us (she started the program at the hospital) and did every bit of aftercare herself. She even came to as many support groups as she could. She did all this while 8 months pregnant too! And she was a bad asparagus army colonel.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:33 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

allularpunk wrote:

A new thing to be terrified of! Thank you! I'm also a little freaked out because the front door to my apt is glass (why? why are all the doors on this place see-through?) and I can't figure out how to make the blinds work so you can't actually see straight into my living room, so all of my neighbors are going to see me walking around naked until I can afford to get a panel curtain to cover it.

I haven't had time to put up rods for curtains in my house, but all the windows are like torso height or higher so I've been doing this weird hunch n run with hands over tortes when I go through the house naked. The neighbors can probably see everything anyway and wonder why I'm bending over and scurrying around.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:35 pm 
Chard Martyr

Paloma wrote:
I got locked in the closet in my new place and it was forking awful. No cell phone, no forking idea how I'd get out, screaming for someone to help me, etc.

But I eventually opened the door with my ninja-like kicks and stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:51 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I fell down the stairs when I lived alone and knocked myself out, which was pretty scary. I had a strict no-running-down-the-stairs rule after that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:03 am 
Ninja Master

Nothing too scary ever happened to me when I lived alone and I'm a major klutz. But the biggest downfall of living alone I found was spiders! There was no one there to put the little beggars safely outside and far far away from me. So they got hoovered up. I'm not proud of it.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:10 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Really dreading going to work today. I like my job fine, but it's so hard to get back into a routine when I've had two four-day weekends in a row. And starting on a Wednesday isn't exactly "getting back into a routine" anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:48 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Fee wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

I haven't had time to put up rods for curtains in my house, but all the windows are like torso height or higher so I've been doing this weird hunch n run with hands over tortes when I go through the house naked. The neighbors can probably see everything anyway and wonder why I'm bending over and scurrying around.

If i'm on the second floor or above, I refuse to have curtains. I figure that people on the street level most likely can't see in, and if they can then so what. This is distinctly different from my neighbors (who I will have to face every day) seeing directly into my living room from the hallway. Oh well, though. Maybe one of them will be cute. (kiddddding)

Also, I'm loving all of your living alone stories. Falling down stairs, getting locked in closets, evil spiders! You guys are giving me lots of fuel for fear over here ;)

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:16 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Another great thing about living alone (besides the fun fears of spiders and getting locked into/falling off of things) will be that I don't have to live with air fresheners anymore. I am really scent sensitive (certain smells give me wicked headaches), but my ex looooves air freshener. Months ago, we finally found one that we agreed on that was lavender scented and didn't make me wanna vom, but now I guess the air fresheners are fair play. He bought something that smells really...clean? sharp? floral? sweet? Either way, it just cuts straight to my brain and makes me want to die. I woke up in the middle of the night last night and couldn't stop smelling it and it actually kept me awake!

Urgh, air fresheners! I just want my house to smell like curry and lavender!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:24 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

My mum is convinced I'm going to die in a household accident because I live alone. I do leave the bathroom door open when I shower, so if I slip and break my neck Miss Poppy will having something to nom on during the 3 - 4 days it takes someone to venture into my house to see why I'm not returning calls. I don't know if that makes me bonkers or some sort of supreme vegan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:14 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

My parents keep trying to get me to give them my friends' phone numbers so that they can (frantically) call them if they don't hear from me for 3 consecutive days. They are crazy, so I refuse. I mean, I'm a 30 year old woman who has lived alone before. I get that parents never stop worrying about their kids, but... come on. Also, I go for longer than 3 days without talking to my friends all the time. They would be better off calling one of my places of work.

And that is so nice of you to leave your bodymeat out for Miss Poppy in case of emergency!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:30 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

allularpunk wrote:
My parents keep trying to get me to give them my friends' phone numbers so that they can (frantically) call them if they don't hear from me for 3 consecutive days.

Wow, your parents sound like my mom. One time, back before I had a cell phone, I went out to a restaurant with a couple of my friends. I had actually told my mom where I was going and that I would be home "later" (because I wasn't sure of an exact time). My mom totally freaked out when I wasn't home by 9, looked through our address book and found one of my friend's old home phone #s. She talked to my friend's mom, who gave her my friend's cell number.

So we're sitting in the restaurant talking, and my friend's phone rings and she says, "Weird. I don't know this number," and then she says the number out loud, annnnnd it's my mom. So I take the phone and my mom is completely frantic, "Where are you?! It's 9 o'clock and you never came home!" Seriously.

She also totally freaked out once because I accidentally butt dialed her on my cell and she answered and could hear me and my friend laughing in the background. She panicked because she "thought something bad had happened". I asked her why LAUGHING would make her assume that something terrible was going on and she didn't know.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:48 am 
Ninja Master

My parents are the same. I lived alone for quite a few years but I'm living back with them now and when they went on holiday I was away for the weekend at a wedding and my phone signal died and I didn't realise. They couldn't get hold of me for 2 days so my mum was freaking out. She called my brother and made him facebook me to tell me to call them. Which I did but they had no freaking signal either!! GAH.

Mum panics that me and the cat are both going die horribly or starve to death, the minute she's not there to watch us.

Oh yeah I'm 33 by the way - so I guess it's not gonna stop anytime soon, unless I find me a husband!!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:07 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

At my pain appt. hope this goes well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:14 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Good luck!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1223, 1224, 1225, 1226, 1227, 1228, 1229 ... 1864  Next