| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1224, 1225, 1226, 1227, 1228, 1229, 1230 ... 1901  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:26 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Today is going to be rough. First day back after almost two weeks off work (poor me!), got up extra early to bring breakfast to a family member acting as caretaker of another family member in the ICU, appointment with a new doctor today (doc appointments always feel like judgment day as far as how well I take care of myself), and the heat is out at work and it's just a bit above freezing outside.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:31 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Nearly fainted in the shower at work due to hypothermia, I think. But I came in to work after 10 days off and there was a mystery clementine on my desk! I've asked all the likely suspects and nada. So I'm going with mysterious admirer and eating it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:51 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Good luck, LW.
I just ate black bean soup and beer battered everything (avocados, tofu, greens and onions, to be precise) for lunch. Oof.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

forking incompetent idiots. The MRI place was supposed to have my film waiting. They didn't. I had to beg and plead for them to get a copy made immediately so Imcould come to my appt here. Well, apparently, they gave me a CT Scan of testicles.

Yeah, thanks. Not helpful. AND I had to lay $30 for my film. That I still don't have, which probably means my $30 co pay here today is wasted.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:23 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

lavawitch wrote:
Well, apparently, they gave me a CT Scan of testicles.

I'm pretty sure this is the beginning of a RomCom starring Ashton Kutcher. Run!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:30 pm 
And you never will.

My kid is dipping his cookie in ketchup. I can't watch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:35 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

lavawitch wrote:
forking incompetent idiots. The MRI place was supposed to have my film waiting. They didn't. I had to beg and plead for them to get a copy made immediately so Imcould come to my appt here. Well, apparently, they gave me a CT Scan of testicles.

Yeah, thanks. Not helpful. AND I had to lay $30 for my film. That I still don't have, which probably means my $30 co pay here today is wasted.

Oh man. That is bullshiitake. You should make them give you the right films AND pay the co-pay.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:37 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Actually, this doctor is a waste of time. Total bullshiitake. Appt was for 12 and I've seen him a total of 3 minutes because he has 8 other patients.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:39 pm 
WELFARIST!

kara kara wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:
I just ordered this hemp hoodlamb ladies jacket in ocean blue and I found it online for a *cheaper price than I've seen anywhere and from a company in Canada with free shipping: http://www.ecotopiia.com/shop/Hemp+Hood ... acket.html

Can't wait for it to arrive. I need a warm new bomber jacket type coat.

*actually, I'm a bit afraid something might go wrong/be off. It seems too good to be true!

SUPER cute. I really love that blue!

ETA: I did a little googling and found there's a longer version too, which would be perfecto for frigid Chicago winters. Now where can I find an extra $500+ lying around?

Here's the place I ordered it from: http://www.hempyrean.ca/cms.Details.asp ... 36-Jackets

And there's a sale on the ladies long version!

I haven't received the order yet but I have received an e-mail from them acknowledging my order and saying that it will be shipped today and I should receive in 5-7 business days.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:52 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Today I discovered that there is a street called Roast Meat Hill in the town of Killingworth, CT.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:57 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So my dog still has severe bronchitis. She went back in for chest x-rays today and also they looked at a sample of phlegm she had coughed up (so gross). Apparently the strain she has is not responsive to antibiotics, which is why she wasn't getting better. So now she has to go on prednisone.

Also! I dropped my new laptop and now there are annoying lines across the screen. Now it's just like my old laptop! 2013 is off to a great start.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:09 pm 

choirqueer wrote:
Today I discovered that there is a street called Roast Meat Hill in the town of Killingworth, CT.

I've never been to Killingworth, but I apologize on behalf of my entire state.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:10 pm 
WELFARIST!

baps wrote:
Oh yeah I'm 33 by the way - so I guess it's not gonna stop anytime soon, unless I find me a husband!!

Yes, it's disheartening to me that this all started (again) once my boyfriend and I broke up. Like...hello? I take care of myself?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:13 pm 
WELFARIST!

Oh, other things: Rowdy seems to be feeling better and peeing a little more freely, so the antibiotic for his UTI is apparently working! Poor fella was feeling rough there for a minute.

I moved all of my books (except my cookbooks) into the new place today and came back and packed up another carload. I'm about to go back over there to unload. Pretty sure this is never going to end. It has to end at some point, right? I just wish I had some help. My friend bailed on me today, so I guess at least I'm getting plenty of a workout going up and down all those stairs with loads that are questionably too heavy for me to carry.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:33 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

allularpunk wrote:
Oh, other things: Rowdy seems to be feeling better and peeing a little more freely, so the antibiotic for his UTI is apparently working! Poor fella was feeling rough there for a minute.

I moved all of my books (except my cookbooks) into the new place today and came back and packed up another carload. I'm about to go back over there to unload. Pretty sure this is never going to end. It has to end at some point, right? I just wish I had some help. My friend bailed on me today, so I guess at least I'm getting plenty of a workout going up and down all those stairs with loads that are questionably too heavy for me to carry.

Could you make a party of it? Like, hey! Help out, then we'll get pizza and beer and shoot the shiitake! (I always hated asking people, and I'm planning on staying put until I can afford movers again. Movers are the best thing ever.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:39 pm 
Ninja Master

I normally turn over when Andy Bates street feasts is on the food network but I left it running. He's just eaten at a vegan food truck in NYC and now he's making a vegan pancake that doesn't actually look that gross!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:28 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I can't decide what I think of these cookies.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/12/11/secret-peanut-butter-cookies/

I don't know if I should have baked them longer, added more flour, or if my peanut butter was just creamier than hers. They seem like the need something more to help them stick together. Or maybe it's just not a wonderful recipe. I wanted something quick that didn't have a ton of sugar and fat (just a lil bit), so I headed there. I know not everyone is a fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:38 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

kilgore trout wrote:
choirqueer wrote:

Where in CT do you live?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I put on a cd of relaxation music for my dog because she was being a bit hyper-alert and anxious, but it's making me really sleepy!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:05 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

i forgot to get noodles to put into my spring rolls. i got so excited that i actually found vegan spring roll wrappers, that i forgot to get the other stuff! i guess if they are mostly filled with kale and tofu and carrots they should be ok, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:10 pm 
Crazy bat lady

IT'S MY 10 YEAR VEGAN-VERSARY! Just wanted to share with others who would be equally as excited. My husband was like, "Oh, yeah. Okay."

I never thought I'd use "vegan-versary" and it's as awkward as I thought it would be.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:11 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

yay! congrats! 10 years is so awesome and non vegans are always super impressed by it when they ask how long you've been vegan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:45 pm 
Impressive boner

choirqueer wrote:

There's a village called Cow Roast in Hertfordshire.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:34 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I just went out for a dog walk with my crush and we got talking about the drag outfit I'm planning for a 'clueless' themed party on the 24th, and we walked by a goodwill... so, naturally, stepped inside...

I ended up buying two skirts. :P

I really wanted to hang out more/makeout but I'm still sick and definitely started to feel a little tired by the end of our walk.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:41 pm 

choirqueer wrote:
kilgore trout wrote:
choirqueer wrote:

Where in CT do you live?

PM'd you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1224, 1225, 1226, 1227, 1228, 1229, 1230 ... 1901  Next