| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1225, 1226, 1227, 1228, 1229, 1230, 1231 ... 1828  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:56 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

allularpunk wrote:
missdelaney, which place are you going to get? It's nice to have choices! Your time frame for moving sounds stressful, but at least you have help from your roommate.

I just bought a bunch of crepe for my new place today. And I set up the bathroom! I can pee there (yay, tp!) and wash my hands, and dry them, and even take a shower if I brought over my shower supplies! I love my new shower curtain and bathmat. My new color scheme is spring green, dark grey, and white. It makes me happy. I also now have a trash can, dish soap, sponges, cleaning supplies, a new dry/wet mop with reusable cloths, and a dish drainer. Buying new house stuff is spendy, but makes me that much more excited.

I love those colors! So pretty.

I dunno, to be honest. I really love the house, but...I don't actually want more roommates. My roommate and I have a PERFECT living arrangement and relationship. Like, we're scary good together. We never fight, we never get annoyed over things, we always clean up fairly, we're never in each other's way, we hang out...
Two more people would really disrupt that...and who knows if they'd even get along with us? We're really close friends. Granted, we could just take over the basement with our stuff and not worry about it (it has a separate door and everything), but I dunno. I love the location and the house, and I do love one guy moving in with us (potentially), but I kinda just want it to stay the two of us, too.

WWPPKD?

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:04 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Fork. The expensive sweater I bought my mom for Christmas doesn't fit, of course. I left the tags and receipt in a little Aveda bag in the room we wrapped presents in. My mom throws anything that isn't supposed to be in its precise spot out ASAP, and I forgot to go back after Christmas to get the bag.

So, now I have a very expensive, useless, tagless sweater and no receipt. Lovely. I saved up to be able to buy her something nice. Now I feel ill.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:16 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

lavawitch wrote:
Fork. The expensive sweater I bought my mom for Christmas doesn't fit, of course. I left the tags and receipt in a little Aveda bag in the room we wrapped presents in. My mom throws anything that isn't supposed to be in its precise spot out ASAP, and I forgot to go back after Christmas to get the bag.

So, now I have a very expensive, useless, tagless sweater and no receipt. Lovely. I saved up to be able to buy her something nice. Now I feel ill.

Don't! It may not be super returnable, but I'm sure your mom appreciates the effort. Heck, I appreciate the effort and it wasn't for me. People make mistakes all the time and it sucks but it'll be ok. Sending you good thoughts and hugs (if you want them). It's also possible to maybe do an equal exchange? Or go to a high end consignment shop and get something equally as nice when you bring that one in? Or something?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:31 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

She appreciates the effort. I'm just not thrilled about wasting that much money ecause I was stupid.

I'll see what Lard & Taylor will do. Maybe I can get one in my size.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:59 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

If they still have the sweater they may refund for the current sale price or do a size swap for you, LW. it's worth a shot!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:59 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I used the self checkout at the supermarket and it screwed up somehow and only charged for one bulb of garlic and I got 6. Free garlic!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:09 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

ndpittman wrote:
If they still have the sweater they may refund for the current sale price or do a size swap for you, LW. it's worth a shot!

Yeah. It depends what the sales ended up being. It was a $149 sweater that I got for $68, but they've had more markdowns since, plus $20 coupons off purchases over $40.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Save receipts!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:12 pm 

missdelaney wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
missdelaney, which place are you going to get? It's nice to have choices! Your time frame for moving sounds stressful, but at least you have help from your roommate.

I just bought a bunch of crepe for my new place today. And I set up the bathroom! I can pee there (yay, tp!) and wash my hands, and dry them, and even take a shower if I brought over my shower supplies! I love my new shower curtain and bathmat. My new color scheme is spring green, dark grey, and white. It makes me happy. I also now have a trash can, dish soap, sponges, cleaning supplies, a new dry/wet mop with reusable cloths, and a dish drainer. Buying new house stuff is spendy, but makes me that much more excited.

I love those colors! So pretty.

I dunno, to be honest. I really love the house, but...I don't actually want more roommates. My roommate and I have a PERFECT living arrangement and relationship. Like, we're scary good together. We never fight, we never get annoyed over things, we always clean up fairly, we're never in each other's way, we hang out...
Two more people would really disrupt that...and who knows if they'd even get along with us? We're really close friends. Granted, we could just take over the basement with our stuff and not worry about it (it has a separate door and everything), but I dunno. I love the location and the house, and I do love one guy moving in with us (potentially), but I kinda just want it to stay the two of us, too.

WWPPKD?

Based on everything you've said? I wouldn't do it. That's just me, but, that's what I would(n't) do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:39 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

ndpittman wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
Oh, other things: Rowdy seems to be feeling better and peeing a little more freely, so the antibiotic for his UTI is apparently working! Poor fella was feeling rough there for a minute.

I moved all of my books (except my cookbooks) into the new place today and came back and packed up another carload. I'm about to go back over there to unload. Pretty sure this is never going to end. It has to end at some point, right? I just wish I had some help. My friend bailed on me today, so I guess at least I'm getting plenty of a workout going up and down all those stairs with loads that are questionably too heavy for me to carry.

Could you make a party of it? Like, hey! Help out, then we'll get pizza and beer and shoot the shiitake! (I always hated asking people, and I'm planning on staying put until I can afford movers again. Movers are the best thing ever.)

All of my friends have weird schedules (most of us work in the restaurant biz), so no one is ever free at the same time. Also, I'm doing this weird thing where I'm packing up enough to fit in my car, unloading the car at the new place, breaking down the boxes and taking them back...then repeat. It sort of seems really inefficient, but it's giving me enough rest time in between that by the time it's time to make 10 trips up the 3 flights of stairs, I'm sort of refreshed. It hasn't been that bad so far.

I'm getting a UHaul on Monday to move all the furniture. Unfortunately, the only person that's strong enough to help me that is available is my ex. He says he is happy to help, but of course I feel TERRIBLE about it.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:59 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Fred jokingly said he'd get me a puppy today. We have talked about getting a dog, but I just know this is going to turn into the Great Waffle Iron Incident of 2010.

On my birthday card in 2010, Fred wrote this:
Quote:
I owe you a waffle maker.
All the ones that were decent
were out of stock.
Waffles must be popular.

Three years later, I still don't have a waffle iron.

Still, I was ridiculously excited for a few minutes.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:09 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

choirqueer wrote:
Based on everything you've said? I wouldn't do it. That's just me, but, that's what I would(n't) do.

This is my sentiment, I think. I'd rather pay a little more per month and have it be just the two of us in a really nice, up-to-date duplex than in a house that I'm not sure if I'm happy living with two other people (and one bathroom!) as great as the house is and is located. But it's convincing said roommate to agree. Yet I know a lot of my issue with it stems from my anxiety of new situations- I really do like the guy (I barely know the girl, but she's very nice and quiet and put-together).

But it's entirely dependent on my roommate, as well. I definitely don't have the money to live alone here.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:13 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I'm listening to the mixed CD my friend made me for xmas. It's all super sexual hip hop/r&b/rap and some bassy pop. So awesome. Love herrrrrrrr!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:07 am 
Ninja Master

Kelvia wrote:
IT'S MY 10 YEAR VEGAN-VERSARY! Just wanted to share with others who would be equally as excited. My husband was like, "Oh, yeah. Okay."

I never thought I'd use "vegan-versary" and it's as awkward as I thought it would be.

yay congrats. Mine was new year's day, except it's only 5 years for me!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:35 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

baps wrote:
I normally turn over when Andy Bates street feasts is on the food network but I left it running. He's just eaten at a vegan food truck in NYC and now he's making a vegan pancake that doesn't actually look that gross!

Haha, I did the exact same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:59 am 
Ninja Master

Efcliz wrote:
baps wrote:
I normally turn over when Andy Bates street feasts is on the food network but I left it running. He's just eaten at a vegan food truck in NYC and now he's making a vegan pancake that doesn't actually look that gross!

Haha, I did the exact same thing.

I did try to control my eye rolling at 'you can't even tell it's vegan, it's good!' about the pancakes from the truck. But I failed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:18 am 
Ninja Master

Having mini panics about how much money I'm spending on getting my business up and running. Mainly worrying about what if it goes tits up and I never get any clients and I'm stuck in this hell hole job forever. AHHHH.

Breathing now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:47 am 
Chard Martyr

Ugh, gross. I smoke a cigarette about once a year and yesterday was one such day. I woke up feeling like I was run over by a truck. Lesson learned.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:14 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

missdelaney wrote:
choirqueer wrote:

This is my sentiment, I think. I'd rather pay a little more per month and have it be just the two of us in a really nice, up-to-date duplex than in a house that I'm not sure if I'm happy living with two other people (and one bathroom!) as great as the house is and is located. But it's convincing said roommate to agree. Yet I know a lot of my issue with it stems from my anxiety of new situations- I really do like the guy (I barely know the girl, but she's very nice and quiet and put-together).

But it's entirely dependent on my roommate, as well. I definitely don't have the money to live alone here.

I didn't realize there was only one bathroom. That is not enough for 4 people!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:21 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I hate that people have to be so bisque-y to me all the time. I know I don't fit in with people at work--they all hang out together and chat a lot, etc nobody ever talks to me, but when I do need to, why the bitchiness? I don't get it.

Actually, the bitchiness from the dept head sometimes verges on hostility and condescension and I don't know why. Luckily, there is none of that from my actual boss. I guess all the bitchiness is from here; I'm over sensitive I guess.

Now I feel like total crepe. Also, the other teachers in my area are all chatting about their break. I asked them how their break was; nobody asked me. I'm usually quiet I guess, but apparently I must also be an awful person except for when I bring in cookies. People talk to me on those days.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:34 am 

lavawitch wrote:
I hate that people have to be so bisque-y to me all the time. I know I don't fit in with people at work--they all hang out together and chat a lot, etc nobody ever talks to me, but when I do need to, why the bitchiness? I don't get it.

Actually, the bitchiness from the dept head sometimes verges on hostility and condescension and I don't know why. Luckily, there is none of that from my actual boss. I guess all the bitchiness is from here; I'm over sensitive I guess.

Now I feel like total crepe. Also, the other teachers in my area are all chatting about their break. I asked them how their break was; nobody asked me. I'm usually quiet I guess, but apparently I must also be an awful person except for when I bring in cookies. People talk to me on those days.

I'm sorry, LW. My last workplace was pretty cliquey and I really didn't fit in; much younger than most of my coworkers, still in school, etc. It's no fun.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

We are supposed to close tomorrow. No promises, but that is the latest. I am a wreck. We need to be out of here by Monday.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:22 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

The good: the heat at work is fixed. The bad: now the water at my house is broken.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 am 

Ugh and ugh and ugh. I'm trying to plan for work and Pinterest is being wonky. I use it to plan (activities for second graders) because it's easier for me to have visual bookmarks I can access anywhere, then pull ideas from and put them in my work binder. Except now it has come time to put the ideas in the work binder and Pinterest is being dumb and not working. I was actually on top of things this month!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:36 pm 

vijita wrote:
Ugh, gross. I smoke a cigarette about once a year and yesterday was one such day. I woke up feeling like I was run over by a truck. Lesson learned.

Every once in a while (like even less than once a year) I'll think that I want a cigarette (usually when I've had too much to drink). Same thing. Next day I'm like, OH MY GOD! Why did I do that! The smell! The phlegm!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:53 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

right now mr T and the kid are trying to set up netflix on the wii. netflix is my spouse's new obsession, for reasons i cannot understand (namely, the $150/month we already pay for 2!#$)¨*Q#$¨)* simple cable). FC needs no more distractions, she already has trouble getting he work done. but it looks like i have little to fear......the two of them are bumbling so badly, and unable to get anything done, that i am biting my tongue here. i am making mango pickle and very carefully not getting involved in this foolishness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1225, 1226, 1227, 1228, 1229, 1230, 1231 ... 1828  Next