| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Please describe your hip replacement experience
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:21 pm 
Tofu Pup

I had a total right hip replacement that failed within two months. On the second time, I had another replacement that also failed by becoming very painful and loose. I had it replaced again for the third time. I have had the same hip since then, but I have always experienced pain. In the last two years, the pain has become worse. In the last five months, I cannot put any weight on my right leg, and I believe it has come loose again. I really do not want another replacement. I am very scared of a forth replacement, as I am told if it fails again I would end up with a straight bar being put in, which would mean I would not be able to bend my hip or drive. It would also make work difficult. I had read some experiences with others which push them to sue the manufacturer for their losses which I read from here. I don’t know what to do now, any advice will do.

Post subject: Re: Please describe your hip replacement experience
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I can't tell you about an experience specifically my mom has had a double hip replacement. One was a little off and she ended getting a knee done to adjust the height. As a former surgical tech I can tell you your experience is not normal and you should find a different doctor preferably at large medical center like perhaps the Cleveland Clinic or Mayo Clinic. You also might consider seeing a lawyer but not with any kind of group lawsuit I don't think you'd get much compensation.
A good doctor should be able to fit you with hip replacement that works for you typically on the first try. Something is wrong here. Doctors can be influenced to use one implant over another by sales reps who sell them that might not be in the best interest of the patient.

Post subject: Re: Please describe your hip replacement experience
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:41 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

i'm closing this thread since the OP has a link to hip replacement lawyers or something, it seems to be spam.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]