| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Your suggestions that we will take
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:59 pm 
A Bad Person

rhelune wrote:
Could you filter "kitten mittens"?

Ha ha ha, I like this one! Does anyone actually use the phrase "kitten mittens" besides spammers? What should it be replaced with?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:02 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Well, you know what rhymes with kitchen? Bitchin'.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:03 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Kung fu kittens?

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

supercarrot wrote:
starrynight87 wrote:
I can't stand how opening the ppk forum from the main page opens a browser window. I like to streamline my browsing as much as possible, but I often end up with all these random windows all over the place.

you can right click. (or apple click) and it'll open in another tab.

I can't stand that either. I just kind of want everything to happen in the same tab, ya know? My screen gets too cluttered. (I tend to be the sort of web surfer that has no less than 5 or 10 other tabs open at any one time. Because I get bored or something like that.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:21 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

pandacookie wrote:
Kung fu kittens?

Good one! I don't think any real member would use it in plural form. If they do order a kitten mitten, the order just one.

I usually browse the forum by listing active topics. But, I've just realised that topics from UK and Ireland forum don't appear in that list. Is there a rule what appears there and what doesn't or is it a bug?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:43 pm 
A Bad Person

rhelune wrote:
pandacookie wrote:
Kung fu kittens?

Good one! I don't think any real member would use it in plural form. If they do order a kitten mitten, the order just one.

I usually browse the forum by listing active topics. But, I've just realised that topics from UK and Ireland forum don't appear in that list. Is there a rule what appears there and what doesn't or is it a bug?

Ah, yes. That was an oversight. I've corrected it, so UK & Ireland topics should be showing in active now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:57 pm 
Mediocre Tart

brian wrote:
rhelune wrote:

Ah, yes. That was an oversight. I've corrected it, so UK & Ireland topics should be showing in active now.

Was it though? I thought it was more of an oversight that some Square things were left in to the browsy bits. I, too, do it up via 'active topics' and there are some Square areas that come up and some that don't. It would be better, overall, that none did. I think the issue in the first place was that people were posting random replies to threads in, say, PDX threads that had nowt to do with that fair city. And Lard knows we have enough of Vantine and Desdemona posting in the UK/Ireland thread without encouraging the wee bessoms...

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:05 pm 
A Bad Person

You know, I think you're right. And checking the forum settings, the older ones were not being displayed in active topics, and the newer ones were. But the newer ones also had post review turned on, which is simply criminal. But you're right, this is a problem we addressed earlier so I've standardized all of the regional subforums not to display in active topics.

So, uh, sorry Rhelune. We had a problem in the past with people replying to posts without knowing they were topics from a regional subforum and having them not displayed in active topics was the solution.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:01 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

No problem, I understand.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:38 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

What happened to the LOL filter? I miss my lol-free space

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:01 pm 
A Bad Person

Nuked from high orbit. We're okay with LOL now. hi-larious hijinks are still outlawed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:09 pm 
Dead by dawn

And I still don't know what that's a filter for.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:31 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

monkeytoes wrote:
And I still don't know what that's a filter for.

it's the way hipsters who don't feel cool enough using LOL say LOL and also makes fun of it at the same time. (hint: it incorporates a Z)

also, that makes sense why i always miss philadelphia posts. and here i thought i wasn't logging on enough.

i suppose it's out of the question to have the regional subforums be opt-in per each person's preferences?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:42 pm 
A Bad Person

I'm testing something. Could post something in the Philly Phorum?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:39 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Is there a way to easily make a chat room?
that'd be forking rad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:34 am 
Lime and a Coconut

Is it worth the hassle the mods may experience if we add the option of more than one user reporting a post? I have tried to report posts in the past and get a message that it's already been reported- that's all well and good for spam, but there was one in recent memory where I wanted to flag a post for specific reasons and couldn't because it was already flagged. If people want to flag a post for different reasons, then only one person is heard.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:07 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Is it worth the hassle the mods may experience if we add the option of more than one user reporting a post? I have tried to report posts in the past and get a message that it's already been reported- that's all well and good for spam, but there was one in recent memory where I wanted to flag a post for specific reasons and couldn't because it was already flagged. If people want to flag a post for different reasons, then only one person is heard.

I was kind of wondering about this myself. If a post raises red flags and only one person can report it, but more people have concerns, it may slip under the radar as just one person having an issue with the post. Especially since I think people might be being extra cautious about posting concerns in response to a post itself after the recent discussion about not piling on to new posters. (Which, for the record, I think is a good thing! I just wonder if it then would lead to the situation where more people are concerned about a situation but don't want to say something.)

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:42 pm 
A Bad Person

Unfortunately, reporting isn't all that flexible with phpbb. I'd have to fork around with what happens when a post is reported and how to view these multiple reports, which is way more than changing a couple settings. However, I'm working on something that might be a decent alternative.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:12 pm 
A Bad Person

Okay, so since I can't make multiple reports a thing, I've turned on another feature. You can now PM all of the moderators at once by sending your PM to the Board Moderators group. So let's say you want to add to a reported post. Click the PM icon on the post you want to report, remove the author from the "TO:" field (unless you want them to see what you have to say), add the Board Moderators group from the left, and then put your comments in and send it. Or you can just compose a new PM from scratch and address it to the Board Moderators.

This kind of solves two problems. If you have something to report or something you need a moderator for, you can PM the Board Moderators group and it'll hit all of them, so you don't need to worry about if the mod you PMed is awake, at their computer, and on the PPK. It's a single point of contact for moderation needs. It also makes PMing the moderators less of a personal plea for action.

However, this has the potential for abuse. Sending a PM to all of the moderators makes a lot of noise. We have ways of mitigating this, but we'd prefer if everyone could be cool about it. If it doesn't work out, I'll have to turn it off. But you don't have to use it to tell the mods about problems all the time! Feel free to PM the mods group for positive things too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5