| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391, 392 ... 591  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:36 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

lavawitch wrote:
Cecilia Bartoli, my new hair,

+2 yummy!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:43 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Are you a Bartoli fan? I love opera (mostly Italian and Russian), but I only like her sometimes. I do love her scholarship and attention to detail though, so as an artist she is totally awesome. The new cd is lovely.

Her La Cenerentola gives me a headache, but that's more that I don't love Rossini than anything against Bartoli. I prefer Donizetti, Bellini, Puccini (not Boheme, please), sometimes Verdi.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:00 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Seeing Les Miserables with my friends!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:32 pm 
Chard Martyr

Sunsets. Friends. Naps. Runs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:36 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

One of my dad's music-friends invited us over for New Years, where I learned a song on the ukulele and played with a tiny puppy. Yay! Fun times!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:22 am 
Shopped till she dropped

Thing One: I forgot to grab cash and my bank account is really sad right now. Because it was New Year's Day, one of my team leaders got breakfast and lunch for the whole team (bagels and tofutti and coffee and pizza), so I only spent about 3 bucks on food today. Usually, it's more like 10-15. I need to take my lunch more.

Thing Two: This motherflippin' meal I'm eating. Hottie Black-Eyed Peas & Greens (with TONS of extra hot sauce), ginger-apple-sweet-potatoes (or whatever it's called) and some grilled smoked tofu (Soy Boy). SO GOOD.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:02 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

lavawitch wrote:
Are you a Bartoli fan? I love opera (mostly Italian and Russian), but I only like her sometimes. I do love her scholarship and attention to detail though, so as an artist she is totally awesome. The new cd is lovely.

Her La Cenerentola gives me a headache, but that's more that I don't love Rossini than anything against Bartoli. I prefer Donizetti, Bellini, Puccini (not Boheme, please), sometimes Verdi.

Yes, I think she has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard. I'm also a Bryn Terfel fan, and it makes me so happy that they have recorded together.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:21 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I love Bryn Terfel's voice, but I'm never a fan of what he sings. I love the bass-baritones. Samuel Ramey...mmmm yumm! I was fortunate enough to see his Scarpia in Chicago eons ago.

Although, if I'm going to swoon, its going to be over Jose Cura, at least until he let his ego wreck his voice. His Fanciulla arias are magnificent--he puts so much into tiny phrases that Domingo* completely misses in his full recording. I would give a lot for a full Cura recording of Fancuilla del West. Of course, thats the goofiest opera--whiskey per tutti!

My favorite women are Netrebko and Fleming if I discount my Callas obsession. Anna Netrebko sort of proves that life isn't fair: how can anyone be that talented, smart, seemingly and by all accounts kind, and drop dead gorgeous to boot?

* I don't really like Domingo anyway. Outside of rare moments like Don Carlo, I find him sort of cold.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:47 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I have a job interview today! And the fact that I just said "today" should be a sign that I am up way too late.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:06 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Good luck!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:18 am 
Nailed to the V

Just received a msg: oldest friend's baby born yesterday!
:')

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:24 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

My boss offered me the new window office.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:38 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

lavawitch wrote:
I love Bryn Terfel's voice, but I'm never a fan of what he sings. I love the bass-baritones. Samuel Ramey...mmmm yumm! I was fortunate enough to see his Scarpia in Chicago eons ago.

Although, if I'm going to swoon, its going to be over Jose Cura, at least until he let his ego wreck his voice. His Fanciulla arias are magnificent--he puts so much into tiny phrases that Domingo* completely misses in his full recording. I would give a lot for a full Cura recording of Fancuilla del West. Of course, thats the goofiest opera--whiskey per tutti!

My favorite women are Netrebko and Fleming if I discount my Callas obsession. Anna Netrebko sort of proves that life isn't fair: how can anyone be that talented, smart, seemingly and by all accounts kind, and drop dead gorgeous to boot?

* I don't really like Domingo anyway. Outside of rare moments like Don Carlo, I find him sort of cold.

Yes, Sam Ramey is also amazing.

I find Jose Cura's voice weak compared to Domingo's. I love Domingo's voice; it gives me shivers. But I guess I'm thinking of it more in terms of their voices as instruments rather than their artistic choices as musicians.

Fleming doesn't thrill me. I just don't get what everyone loves so much about her. Don't get me wrong, I certainly have nothing bad to say about her, she just doesn't excite me. I don't know Anna Netebko. I must look her up. So exciting to discover new artists!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:26 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

fatcat wrote:
My boss offered me the new window office.

That is awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:01 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

My STBX-husband called and said "I have a problem and you're literally the only person I can talk to about it. I'm so constipated I'm afraid to eat in case I explode. What should I do?"

So awesome on so many levels! (FYI I told him to drink prune juice)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:51 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Work crush texted me to say it made him happy to see me in the store today (check day!).

Though a super duper close second (okay, maybe better than second) was seeing one of my very best friends today! She's lost 90 pounds- almost 70 since I saw her last. She looks amazing and is really happy and says she'll visit me after jaw surgery regardless of how ugly I am. Love her!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:08 pm 
Chard Martyr

Channel 4 and iPlayer. UK TV in the US. Watching Big Fat Quiz now!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:29 am 
Shopped till she dropped

I had an actual day off for the first time in months!

Slept til 1.30 (I know!), had a tasty breakfast, caught up on Adventure Time, folded all the laundry (even paired all our socks!), watched some Black Books, walked to Fred's work and had a free burrito and chips, went to H&M (didn't get anything), watched some more Black Books, and now I'm just hanging out on the couch, PPKing and listening to the Beach Boys (Pet Sounds!). I think I'm gonna do some dishes, put away all the laundry and maybe take a shower before bed.

There were other things on my to-do list, but since I actually left the house and spent WAY less time interneting than usual, I feel mildly accomplished.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:32 am 
Dead by dawn

I was about to say 'hummus and olives and stuff' but then I got a nice email from my coach about how my paces are improving and how she loves that I'm understanding my heart rate data and how it relates to my training.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:03 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I went to a trivia night with a friend and some acquaintances, which is enough to be my best thing since I can't remember the last time I went out by myself. But then our team won and we each got $25. Even better!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:47 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

finally, the gym is open again!!!

also, it is mango season and on the drive back from New Year's visits yesterday we filled the car with mangoes, ripe and unripe. At this very moment I have mango chutney, mango relish, and mango pickle is next in line. i also made some kind of drink concentrate with mangoes, black pepper and cardamom, which was amazeballs.
mango mania!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:44 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

My underwear disappeared at the gym (and my socks) while I was showering and in the sauna.

The idea that perhaps a fetishist took my underwear for his personal joy is hilarious and the best thing of my day.

I asked at the desk if some one found clothing in the men's changing room, but they said no and I didn't think of checking the garbage bin before I got home.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:24 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

The heat in my new apartment hasn't been working since yesterday (I decided to give it 24 hours to make sure I wasn't just...doing it wrong), and so I called the management company and they were super nice and sent someone to fix it and it was fixed within 25 minutes!

This is a Big Deal because the place where the ex and I have lived for over a year is owned by his friend, so, as you may have guessed, nothing has ever been fixed, ever. I love when I give people lots of my money to live someplace and then they repay me by actually FIXING THE THINGS. So amazing and refreshing.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:29 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Soup and a grilled cheese for dinner and the grilled cheese came out just right. (I'm notorious for burning one side, for some reason.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:34 pm 
And you never will.

Found vegan furikake, made a ton of inarizushi, ate half of it. Happy belly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391, 392 ... 591  Next