| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 641 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chloe's Kitchen
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:24 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I made Chloe's garlic bread for yesterday's dinner. So good! I'm glad I only made half the loaf or else I would have eaten it all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:45 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

The Cinnamon Rolls are sooooooo great!

http://www.facebook.com/fiekesgebakjes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

This book is total awesomeness! First of all it is gorgeous and fool of full-color photos. Second of all, the recipes all look original (but not too out there), not too complicated but really delicious!! I made the summer berry pie this evening and my stepfather said it was the best pie he had ever eaten. Even my Mom (pie-hater) said it was really really good- and that's high praise from them as they have been to tons of five star restaurants and eaten pies made by personal chefs on luxury cruises :) Am looking forward to making more recipes from the book!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:44 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Is it just me, or is the country gravy the best gravy in the world?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:40 pm 
WELFARIST!

The mini potatoes stuffed with avocado salsa went down as a big hit at the potluck last night. Someone who was eating one said to me it was a great idea but she'd never thought of stuffing a potato with avocado and salsa herself. I wouldn't have thought of it without this cookbook, either. I found it a bit too avocady and would bump up the salsa part that goes into the recipe just a bit next time I make them. But yum. Good and popular once people started trying them.

*ETA: I also thought this was good to make for a Christmas potluck, too, because of its red and green colors with the salsa and diced avocado as the potato stuffing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:46 am 
WELFARIST!

I made the mushroom phyllo turnovers for a little soiree last night and they went over well. I thought they were delicious and people seemed to enjoy them although they expected skanopita (sp?), the Greek Spinach turnovers/pies when they looked at them. I took home an empty plate nevertheless. They're easy to make too and kind of impressive, being a pastry and all. I'd definitely make again! They make terrific little finger foods.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:55 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I made the artichoke and spinach dip yesterday at my mother's request. I stuck it in the refrigerator last night without baking it since it's really for tonight. It is now at my mother's house and I hope it works out ok making it in advance.

Both my parents really love the artichoke and spinach dip from Applebee's so I made it before during the summer for them, and they loved it not knowing there was tofu inside (my mother thinks she doesn't like tofu). Now they know and they still want it. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:15 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

my parents gave me this book for Xmas yesterday and im psyched. my husband and i have already picked out 3 recipes to try today and tomorrow.

i just finished making the artichoke and spinach dip. it came out good. my only personal note is hte level of noochy flavor is a tad strong to me but that's personal taste i guess. i am a dumb dumb (i have a head cold might be a better excuse) and i flaked on reading the recipe correctly and totally pureed the living daylights out of the artichokes so there are not chunks of artichoke but overall it's really yummy.

we're going to have the BBQ pizza for dinner and hopefully tomorrow we are gonna make the falafel sliders.

i might try and make the samosas for new years if im brave enough!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:40 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

holy crepe the falafel sliders were AMAZING!
i want to make them again this weekend they were so good.
a bit labor intensive since you have to use the food processor for 3 different things but overall VERY VERY VERY tasty. i might cut down on the oil next time i make them.

the BBQ pizza was just ok. i felt it lacked a little flavor. i wonder if i should have put more BBQ sauce on the dough. overall it was yummy but not sure i will go through the trouble of baking tofu for 45 mins, caramelizing onions for 20 and then cooking the pizza.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:34 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I made the Tempeh Piccata for Christmas Eve. It was a really quick meal to put together. Very filling. I would like more of the sauce so next time I will double it. But I like a lot of sauce. I served it with a baked potato side and some fresh beets. Was great.

However, the highlight of the meal was dessert. I made the Ginger Nutmeg Spice Cupcakes with Date Caramel glaze. These were soooo good. I made half the recipe since we already had so many holiday cookies and candies around - I wish now I made the entire recipe. These were so moist and flavorful. The husband who initially refused to eat one (because it had coconut milk) ended up eating two and just raved about them. My only regret was that I forgot to use my fresh nutmeg in them. Guess I have to make them again now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:52 pm 
Huffs Nooch

The baked Mac and cheese is amazing!! Even my cheese loving dad and brother loved it! There are no leftovers and that never happens!!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=24501886[url][/url]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:02 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I may have gotten tipsy on wine and bought this on amazon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:15 pm 
Nailed to the V

Make the tempeh burgers w/sauce. (I think it's called the Double Double).
it's freaking amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:34 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Has anyone made the Sweet and Sour Meatballs from the appetizer section?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:37 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I wanted to make those tonight, but went with no cook dips instead. They look great-next weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:33 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

The spinach artichoke dip is great.

I wasnt blown away by the donuts, but now I'm excited to try more of the recipes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:50 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LisaPunk wrote:
the BBQ pizza was just ok. i felt it lacked a little flavor. i wonder if i should have put more BBQ sauce on the dough. overall it was yummy but not sure i will go through the trouble of baking tofu for 45 mins, caramelizing onions for 20 and then cooking the pizza.

I made this last night and also wasn't in love. Granted I didn't use my normal BBQ because I didn't have enough stuff to make sauce for sandwiches and for pizza, so that made a big difference. I also think just raw red onions would be a better bet if I make this again. I did add a sprinkle of cheddar Daiya which was a great addition. Not sure how I would simplify the tofu part, but there is promise with this recipe...oh, but a whole pack of tofu and two onions make way too much for one pizza.

And I haven't made this specific spinach dip, but I have a recipe nearly identical from somewhere on the internetz (I think the big difference is that one uses frozen spinach) and it is so good. My mom asked me to make it for her Christmas party so I made a double batch and she just had a teeny amount leftover. I think it may be the least tofu-y tofu heavy dish, ever.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:25 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I made the BBQ tofu pizza exactly as the recipe is (BBQ sauce and everything) and our entire family loved it. We actually make this pizza every few weeks now, to us it's that good!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:57 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i made the spinach artichoke dip again for a new year's party and everyone loved it.

my husband and i are obsessed with the falafel sliders!

for new year's day for just my husband and i, i made the samosa's and also the potato skins with avocado salsa.

for the skins rather than mixing salsa fresca with the avocado i just mixed the avocado with the cumin, salt, and lemon juice and scooped that in rather then we added our own store bought salsa becuase my husband doesnt like raw tomatoes.
they were REALLY good. my only issue is i used small red potatoes and i had a hard time cutting them in half so the skin wouldn't rip and then i had trouble scooping the potato "meat" out. so they looked pretty funky but they tasted awesome.

the samosa's were very time consuming but i was so proud of how they came out. the recipe says it makes 36. i have no idea how she does that without using dough so thin it would rip. i made about 12. tasting them i could tell i needed to roll it a little thinner because it tasted a little doughy but overall they were really good. i had a lot of leftover filling since my dough only lasted for 12 so i just ate the filling by itself for lunch today ;-)
the cilantro-tamarind sauce was pretty good too but VERY sweet. i put a little less agave in than it asked for and more balsamic and something else (lemon juice??) and more salt.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:24 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

When I ordered they gave an estimate dispatch date as 14th Jan but they changed it and now I should have it by the 10th! Can't wait!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:20 pm 
Nailed to the V

I am completely in love with the stuffed shells. The tofu ricotta surprised me, it seemed like way too much basil but it was so good! And the sauce was so good!!

I also made the bbq pizza (using store-bought sauce) and my mom insisted on taking all the leftovers home. She really loved it. I thought it was great, but let her take it anyway. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:12 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Has anyone else made Peanutty Perfection Noodles? They are so delicious. We use lite coconut milk though and I think it makes them even better. My husband rates this a 10/10.

I have gotten better at making these recipes a little bit healthier too. Seems like there is a lot of oils used, so I cut back whenever I can. Otherwise, this book is awesome.

Her chocolate cake is the best I have ever had. Granted, I haven't tried other vegan recipes, but I was so impressed that a homemade cake was so tasty and moist.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:57 pm 
Saggy Butt

Yes. The Peanutty Perfection Noodles were great. I think I've made at least a dozen things out of that book, and they've all been delicious and perfectly seasoned.

I don't mind all of the oil, though, since I cook in cast iron. Much of the oil stays on the pan and helps keep it seasoned. I can see how it would seem like a lot if I were using teflon or something.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:58 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I made a modified version of the double double burgers that the healthy librarian had on her facebook page. It's good. She basically doubles the recipe and halves the walnuts and eliminates the oil. Really, really good. She also makes a version of the sauce too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:03 am 
So Totally Yiffy

The double double burgers are INSANE! My family gobbles them up! We do a water saute with the garlic and onions, then spritz them with oil and bake them instead of frying. My husband hates any buger that isn't Gardein's, but is addicted to these :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 641 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 26  Next