| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The I'm Sick Thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:10 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

My stomach has been so so so bad the past few days. I missed 2.5 days of work last week and so far one this week (plus I'll be missing Friday as it's surgery day). I am so tired of feeling nauseous and in pain constantly!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

Oh no :( Hope you're not supersensitive to all medication like I am. Get better soon starrynight87!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:10 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Stuffy nose, sore throat, clogged ear, and my head feels like a lead weight. When I blow my nose it's all green and gross. Plus I'm pregnant so all the good medicine that might actually make me feel better is a no-no. So I'm stuck with neti pots, tea, humidifiers and nasal strips. Thankfully I have an appointment with my OB today and I'm hoping she will recommend something that will help me feel better and be safe to take while pregnant.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:24 am 
Inflexitarian

I am so done with having the flu.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:57 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

*whines*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:42 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Thanks to ending up in wet clothes at the beach yesterday I am starting to feel a bit icky. I better not wake up sick tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:07 am 
Inflexitarian

I got better. Then I got allergies. Now I have something terrible again :( I feel like I might die.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:07 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Im sick of being sick!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I feel like shiitake you guys.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:22 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Healing wishes to all who are sick.

The mucous monster has caught me and I am a coughing snotty mess. Got approval to work from home tomorrow - can't risk spreading this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:57 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Third course of antibiotics in two weeks. Hopefully these ones don't make me sick too, but I've been reading about them online (yes, never a good idea) and commonly they do. Too scared to start them :p

But I'm soooo fed up of being ill. Got a fever, chest infection which means I can barely walk a couple of hundred metres without being out of breath, and a kidney infection which feels like I'm being punched in the back. So fun. Glad I don't work. Not glad I have three uni assignments to do in the next week and a half.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I hate the way albuterol makes my heart race. And I hate all forms of bronchitis.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:40 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm hoping this is just one of those "I feel super crummy but a good sleep will make me all better" evenings, but I really feel I might be coming down with something.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:05 am 
Double double, toil and trouble

Seriously whiny tale below:

I'm on Day 9 of being sick, and I'm so over it. I went to the doctor on Monday after four days of experiencing a high fever, ear aches, sinus congestion, gross colored/bloody snot, a sore throat, and very swollen lymph nodes. My school's medical clinic is on a big anti-antibiotics crusade right now because they're over-prescribed, and especially so on university campuses, so after running strep and mono tests (both of which were negative), my doctor told me it was probably a virus and ordered me go home and rest and assured me I'd feel better in a couple of days.

I totally get why it's important not to over-prescribe antibiotics, but one would think that if a patient's symptoms are so bad that you're inclined to run non-routine tests (like blood work for mono-- which, by the way, revealed a considerably elevated white blood cell count), you might be dealing with something a bit more serious than a common cold. I skipped three days of school (including having to cancel the course I teach) and rested non-stop, then on Thursday returned to class because I couldn't afford to miss any more school. By the time I got home that evening I was suffering from terrible ear and throat pain-- the worst pain I've ever been in-- and I cried all night and all through my follow-up doctor visit yesterday morning.

And now I'm on my second day of antibiotics for my sinus and ear infections, and even after sleeping most of the day yesterday I don't feel even a teeny bit better, and I'm so worried that I'm not going to feel significantly improved by Monday when I absolutely have to return to class for good. This is seriously the sickest I've ever been (including the time I had swine flu), and I've tried every remedy out there to alleviate the ear and throat pain, and absolutely nothing helps. I've been drugging myself to sleep with Vicodin and Bendaryl every 4-6 hours just so I don't have to think about the pain and the fact that I'm also starving but can't swallow food.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:55 am 

Sore throat, pain in my back, feeling freezing cold despite it apparently being warm out, fairly tired and constantly peeing. I'd say it's a kidney infection but I am going to take my chances with flushing it out of my system with a cranberry juice overdose (Bleurgh!). I really can't afford a visit to the doctor or antibiotics right now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

daisychain wrote:
Sore throat, pain in my back, feeling freezing cold despite it apparently being warm out, fairly tired and constantly peeing. I'd say it's a kidney infection but I am going to take my chances with flushing it out of my system with a cranberry juice overdose (Bleurgh!). I really can't afford a visit to the doctor or antibiotics right now.

Nooooooooooooo don't. I tried to battle a bladder infection with cranberry juice when it had already gotten too bad, and I ended up with the worst kidney infection by the time I went to the doc.

If you were just feeling a mild burn from the beginning of a bladder infection I'd say differently but if it is already in your kidneys please go to the doc. Just thinking about you getting as sick as I was is stressing me out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:52 pm 

Doctors is closed until Monday. I wasn't feeling ill until after 1pm and the reception is closed from then. The emergency doctors is far too expensive for me to go. If I am still feeling dodgy Monday I will definitely go to the doctor though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That sucks! Then lots of cranberry and lots and lots of water and rest! Have you ever heard of d-mannose? My mother in law and good friend both swear by it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:00 am 

Never hear of it. Going to see if the local chemist supply uvi ursi. That used to get rid of kidney infections better than antibiotics from what I recall.

Thanks for being concerned xxx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:23 pm 
WELFARIST!

Ugh, I feel sick today. Like sickish feeling in my head--when you feel hungover but you haven't drunk. Yuck, I feel like that. I've taken Tylenol, I just lay down for an hour and no relief. Bleh. Now I have to work.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:42 am 

So this isn't "sick" per say, but it didn't need it's own thread...

I totally woke up this morning feeling really itchy, it woke me up pretty early actually. At first I thought I was just itchy all over but eventually realized it's only localized to my joints. And there's some rashing for sure. So, my hands, over the tops of all my knuckles, and on the inside of my hand over the knuckle area too. The tops of my elbows, my knees, and the tops of my feet where shin meets foot.

This seems to weird to me. At first I was worried that itching all over would mean bed bugs, but there's no way it could be bugs with this specific pattern I don't think. Then I thought allergy... but to what? I was asleep in my bed not doing anything... and before that I certainly wasn't rubbing up against anything at all, nor did I use any products, nor did I eat anything unusual. I did spend a good amount of time in the sun and got burnt, but the burn is not near any of the itchy spots, also, I read that heat rash usually subsides pretty quickly after being out of the heat. Mysterioussssss. And annoying! I will have to report back later in a couple of days.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:28 pm 

Update: Woke up and was still super itchy, especially my palms, and they were a bit swollen too, so I went to the doc. I got a steroid cream for now and they're ordering blood tests to look for signs of allergy and also auto-immune disease. Really hoping it's not the latter!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:14 pm 

Update: Significantly less itchy today. I got emailed some of the blood test results but haven't been talked to by a doctor yet (as they wait for all the results to do that, and one is still not received yet) It's annoying they give you them though because now I see that something is 'abnormal - high' but I don't know what that means for me. Something about ANA w/Reflex. Clearly I've got lupus.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:18 pm 

Awh fork I just googled it. Why did I google it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

According to Google, everybody is either dead or nearly dead.

Seriously though, I hope you get some good, constructive news from the doctor and feel better soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next