| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 424, 425, 426, 427, 428, 429, 430 ... 646  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:44 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

My tailbone has been really hurting the past couple days, and today it hurt even more, so I went to the clinic this morning and it's an abscess due to a pliondial cyst apparently, they're going to cut it open and drain it today at 3:45. So, my worst thing is a combo of the pain, just the fact that I have an abscess (ew!) and also the fact that I probably have to cancel a little impromptu date I had planned.

Luckily they say the lancing will be pretty fast, heal fast, and apparently should relieve the pain (I think she said?) right away. And I actually might be okay to go out after it to meet up with this cutie... (he's from Vancouver, BC and leaving soon so I can't reschedule another day)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh Mars... that is no fun. I hope you get to go out!

I am sore from a dentist appt.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:52 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

My pile of work. I was knocked-out, drop-dead, flattened-by-snot-and-coughing-and-gross sick for basically all of my winter break, and now I have a HUGE pile of work to deal with before I can go back to work on Monday. I mean epically enormous.

Teachers get such easy vacations and so much time off my asparagus.

I've felt a little better the last day or two, but I've been so paralyzed by anxiety and depression that I haven't been able to make a dent in it. I NEED to grade a good 50 essays or more today or I won't be ready for Monday. I want to punch myself in the face.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:03 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Ugh ugh ugh.
Today one of my second graders hurt another with a pair of scissors. What happened was, girl A was goofing around and pretending to try to cut girl B's hair, got the scissors close to her chin and nicked her a little bit. There was barely a mark and no bleeding whatsoever, but she was terrified. Like sobbing inconsolably, thinking her friend had tried to hurt her on purpose. Then girl B refused to even tell me what happened in front of girl A because she was so scared. She's okay now; it's pretty clear that it was an accident and girl A didn't realize what she was doing was dangerous but...I just feel terrible that it even happened.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:01 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Mars wrote:
My tailbone has been really hurting the past couple days, and today it hurt even more, so I went to the clinic this morning and it's an abscess due to a pliondial cyst apparently, they're going to cut it open and drain it today at 3:45. So, my worst thing is a combo of the pain, just the fact that I have an abscess (ew!) and also the fact that I probably have to cancel a little impromptu date I had planned.

Luckily they say the lancing will be pretty fast, heal fast, and apparently should relieve the pain (I think she said?) right away. And I actually might be okay to go out after it to meet up with this cutie... (he's from Vancouver, BC and leaving soon so I can't reschedule another day)

Iiii have totally had that before! It sucked, but I recall it healing pretty quickly. Feel better, Mars.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:05 pm 
Chard Martyr

LONGEST DAY. Clients every hour from 9-4; appt at 5:30. Just got home. No break so tired so hungry.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:36 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

My worst thing doesn't even belong in this thread. So many of you are dealing with so much, and I feel so bad for you. Maybe we should start a separate thread for lame whiney stuff. Anyway, the worst thing that happened to me today was that I bent over to pick something up this morning, and of course had my cup of coffee in my hands because we are inseparable in the morning, and the ties of my hoody fell right into my mug of coffee! I felt so stupid and silly, and I hope to be fortunate enough to have that sort of thing be my worst thing on most days.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:36 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Meggs wrote:
LONGEST DAY. Clients every hour from 9-4; appt at 5:30. Just got home. No break so tired so hungry.

As a someone in a related field, let me kindly say, SELF CARE AND BOUNDARIES ARE IMPORTANT, young lady!

You need to eat lunch! You need to take a break! You need to take care of yourself!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:39 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
My worst thing doesn't even belong in this thread. So many of you are dealing with so much, and I feel so bad for you. Maybe we should start a separate thread for lame whiney stuff. Anyway, the worst thing that happened to me today was that I bent over to pick something up this morning, and of course had my cup of coffee in my hands because we are inseparable in the morning, and the ties of my hoody fell right into my mug of coffee! I felt so stupid and silly, and I hope to be fortunate enough to have that sort of thing be my worst thing on most days.

my hoodie strings fell into my mulligatawany soup once! embarrassing and i kept smelling soup all day.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:50 pm 
Chard Martyr

j-dub wrote:
As a someone in a related field, let me kindly say, SELF CARE AND BOUNDARIES ARE IMPORTANT, young lady!

You need to eat lunch! You need to take a break! You need to take care of yourself!
I know, and thank you for the reminder. 1. We have about a 40% attendance rate, so I overbook to try to compensate for that, but when they all show...eep! 2. Due to being at two different offices, and my one with most clients is the one I'm at Tu/Th but Christmas and New Years... I had two weeks where I was at one for only one day/week. Trying to be good to them by getting them in but then I end up exhausted 1/2 way through the day and I'm really no good to anyone! 3. I had a crappy sleep of 4 hrs last night, so.
Yeah. Still no excuse! Tomorrow is a new day hopefully with a run after work and/or some delicious vegan restaurant dinner.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:32 pm 

Oweee my lace spots hurt! But I have not taken any pain meds, even advil so I should probably do that. It does feel a lot better now though, more of a stinging pain, where before it was more of a pressure-ish pain.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:33 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

kilgore trout wrote:
Ugh ugh ugh.
Today one of my second graders hurt another with a pair of scissors. What happened was, girl A was goofing around and pretending to try to cut girl B's hair, got the scissors close to her chin and nicked her a little bit. There was barely a mark and no bleeding whatsoever, but she was terrified. Like sobbing inconsolably, thinking her friend had tried to hurt her on purpose. Then girl B refused to even tell me what happened in front of girl A because she was so scared. She's okay now; it's pretty clear that it was an accident and girl A didn't realize what she was doing was dangerous but...I just feel terrible that it even happened.

Yipsnip, aww. But this happens! They are learning social and safety stuff and making mistakes and reacting sometimes dramatically. Honestly compared to what I have seen this year in the schools where I intern I think that would be a low-medium kerfuffle. I am guessing your response to their action was the important thing and they will learn from that. :) Have the parent(s)/guardian(s) been cool about it? Can you, a counselor, VP, or school psych meet up with the involved kiddos and help them define and move past it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:58 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I sliced the tip of my finger at work, and then the unreliable employee who I've been fearing will just not show up one day just didn't show up. I fought so hard for her because I REALLY wanted to see her succeed, so I can't help taking it personally. I'm really bummed about it, and not just because I'm totally forked employee-wise and yet I have to go to San Francisco next week to see my friend who is dying of cancer. Oh, life.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:02 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

celyn wrote:
kilgore trout wrote:
Ugh ugh ugh.

Yipsnip, aww. But this happens! They are learning social and safety stuff and making mistakes and reacting sometimes dramatically. Honestly compared to what I have seen this year in the schools where I intern I think that would be a low-medium kerfuffle. I am guessing your response to their action was the important thing and they will learn from that. :) Have the parent(s)/guardian(s) been cool about it? Can you, a counselor, VP, or school psych meet up with the involved kiddos and help them define and move past it?

I spoke to both of the kids separately and so did one of my superiors. Said director spoke to the parents, too, but I'm not sure how that went. The girls wanted to play together (both of them, not just the one with the scissors) like two hours later, so I think they're handling it okay.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 am 

In elementary, someone stabbed me in the leg with a pencil once, the lead broke off inside and there was blood... I didn't stop being friends with them! Kids are silly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:15 pm 
Nailed to the V

Some office want to hire me; but they have a wrong email adress, and I did not get their phonecall.
So they investigate, find my parents' adress and phone number...
... and the boss calls my mom.

Hem, am I the only one who finds this a little awkward?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:57 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Emilie wrote:
Some office want to hire me; but they have a wrong email adress, and I did not get their phonecall.
So they investigate, find my parents' adress and phone number...
... and the boss calls my mom.

Hem, am I the only one who finds this a little awkward?

No, I find that awkward too. Did you apply to something or did they call just out of the blue?

If you didn't apply than I'd wonder if there was some kind of scam involved.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:26 pm 
Nailed to the V

No, they have access to recruitment lists with me on it; yet the fact that they could obtain my parent's data involves human resources leaks from former places apparently

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:32 pm 
Semen Strong

Reading about the Steubenville rape case.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:39 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Tofulish wrote:

Me too. I'm still reeling from the two high-profile rapes in India.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:56 pm 

Jigglypuff wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

It really is horrific. I was up late last night reading everything. Steubenville is about 45 mins north of my hometown, so my FB feed is flooded with articles. Not to gossip too much, but I was talking to my mom tonight, and her friend is either friends with the girl's parents or they have a mutual friend. According to her the girl said she only had two beers and remembers nothing. I don't even care though. Why didn't anyone stop and say, hey! This isn't right! She might need a doctor. And then afterward people being too intimidated to say anything! It's high school football for the love. Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:41 pm 
Semen Strong

ndpittman wrote:
Jigglypuff wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

It really is horrific. I was up late last night reading everything. Steubenville is about 45 mins north of my hometown, so my FB feed is flooded with articles. Not to gossip too much, but I was talking to my mom tonight, and her friend is either friends with the girl's parents or they have a mutual friend. According to her the girl said she only had two beers and remembers nothing. I don't even care though. Why didn't anyone stop and say, hey! This isn't right! She might need a doctor. And then afterward people being too intimidated to say anything! It's high school football for the love. Ugh.

Apparently they gave her a date rape drug early on and it was part of a plot by one of the guys to get revenge on his ex-girlfriend (the victim). We have a long series of posts with links in the Things that Challenge your Feminism thread. I am so glad the hacktivists got involved because it seems pretty clear that the town has a history of covering stuff like this up. As someone said, you don't get a moniker like "The Rape Crew" from just one incident.

Its just mindblowing that people watched her passed out, being assaulted or pissed on on the lawn in broad daylight and no one cared to do anything,

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:10 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I'm PMSing hardcore. All I wanted was some thai food and cupcakes. We drive to the thai place - CLOSED. So we continue on to the cupcake place, walk in through the unlocked door with the open sign above it - "sorry, we're CLOSED! we close an hour early now on Fridays even though we didn't update our website to say so". F*CKERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:31 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:

my hoodie strings fell into my mulligatawany soup once! embarrassing and i kept smelling soup all day.

I know this is the worst things thread and so I thought it would give everyone a chuckle (hopefully!) if I mentioned that one time my hoodie strings fell into my dog's poop when I bent over to pick it up on our walk. So so so so nasty!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:45 am 

Exactly, tofulish. I really hope this opens a dialogue about rape culture, but what is happening to people that not only do they let this happen in front of them, but they actually enjoy it? I watched the video of the boy talking about it, and he was just beside himself with glee. Disgusting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 424, 425, 426, 427, 428, 429, 430 ... 646  Next