| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231 ... 310  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:47 pm 
Semen Strong

Hurrah! Congratulations on your daughter's birth! It sounds like a pretty long labor, and I'm so interested to hear your birth story and especially to see your beautiful little girl!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:56 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Wow, congratulations, once!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:06 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

eeeeep!!!! i was wondering how you were doing!!
congrats on the arrival of your little girl!
cant wait to see pics and here more!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:13 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Congrats!! Can't wait to hear your birth story!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:17 pm 

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more about it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:47 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Congrats! Several days of labor doesn't sound like fun, but so glad you and baby are doing well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:48 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Yay yay! Congrats once!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:38 pm 
Saggy Butt

Congratulations!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:13 pm 
Nooch of Earl

My labor was about the same length!! *sleepy fist bump* Congratulations and welcome to your little girl!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:18 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yay! That sounds like a hardcore labor!

Lisa - you look great! I looked very similar at that stage - I did a great job just posing as extra fat when I wanted to (not that you are fat. but I was/am) and that was just fine by me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:31 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Yay, congrats oncewerewesties! Looking forward to hearing more!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:06 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

annak wrote:
My labor was about the same length!! *sleepy fist bump* Congratulations and welcome to your little girl!

It was pretty intense, but so so worth every minute!

Check out what I made!

I think she's pretty much amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:07 am 
Semen Strong

You both look beautiful! Congratulations again! You did an awesome job Mama, that is one cute little girl!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:51 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh my Lard, she's gorgeous! Well done you! Glad that you are both happy and well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:14 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So adorable! Congratulations, oncewerewesties! She is so lovely! And you look completely amazing - perfect with your new little one, and I know you worked super hard, but you look so calm and peaceful in that moment.

LisaPunk, your baby bump is so sweet! I love belly photos!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:24 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Beautiful baby! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:16 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LisaPunk wrote:
well it's officially started.
my MIL is now officially telling me how to parent by posting "helpful tidbits" on my fb wall.

The bad news is that it will never ever stop. You have to live in the country in total isolation like me to avoid parenting advice and even I can't avoid it entirely. ;p I've mostly had advice from strangers lately -- it's a 40-50 minute bus ride to the nearest town and a few months ago I was stuck near a retired teacher who gave me a long lecture on educating kids. All the advice seemed kind of obvious, too. "Make it fun!" "You can turn everything into a learning experience!" "Read to your child!"
Anyway, sorry to hear that, LP -- 'helpful tidbits' on your facebook wall doesn't seem like the greatest way to do it, either.

I'm 19 weeks on Sunday and I think I've had a mild UTI for the past month -- my urine sample got screwed in the lab by accident so there were no results and it was the holidays so I haven't been able to drop off another sample. I'm on my second round of antibiotics and they are not helping. I hope I don't feel like this for the full 40 weeks. On the up-side, my GP is being really nice.
In other news, I told my dentist I was pregnant yesterday and he was so excited, you'd think it was his baby or something! (And I found out that since I'm pregnant, I can get a veneer to cover my chipped tooth for free instead of getting it re-bonded every 3 months when the bond chips or falls off.) ;p
I didn't feel any movement until about 17 weeks (B and R were wiggling up a storm by 14 weeks), but I feel something every day now. Hopefully, we'll find out Vax's gender on the 15th during my detailed scan.

Can anybody recommend a challenging pregnancy exercise DVD? I've got The 10-Minute Solution Prenatal Pilates and the Kathy Smith Pregnancy Workout, both of which are great, but I want something else, just for variation -- I exercise 40-50 minutes a day and alternate between the two. (I have the Shiva Rea Prenatal Yoga DVD, but I don't like it ("feel the dignity of your posture!"), although the part where they all lie down with blankets and relax is kind of amusing.)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:09 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

congrats oncewewerewesties she is absolutely gorgeous!!

thanks everyone for the compliments on the pics. i also just usually pose as chunky instead of telling people im pregnant. im not 100% sure everyone at work knows im pregnant. i told all the underlings like me and then i only told the managers that matter (HR, my boss, etc) i just assume the managers talk amongst themselves and they'll figure it out :-P til then if they just think im getting chunky that's fine with me.

CC i know what you mean that i should brace myself for a torrent of parenting advice it's just a bit much so soon and constantly on my facebook wall :-P my husband says im overreacting but ohwell. it annoys the crepe out of me ;-)

as for exercise dvds i have a yoga one that i was doing but then i have been either too sick or in too much pain to do it for several months. however i think it might be the shiva rae one you mention. lol. ive just been walking mainly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:21 am 
Semen Strong

Oh wow! Crabby, I can't believe you're at 19 weeks already! How exciting! How are Beety and Raygold reacting? I bet they're going to be the cutest big brothers!

I loved Colette Crawford's video! I've given mine away and bought it as gifts for people.
http://www.seattleholisticcenter.com/store/yoga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:27 am 

Oh she is just beautiful oncewerewesties! And you look so great after such a long labor!

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
I didn't feel any movement until about 17 weeks (B and R were wiggling up a storm by 14 weeks), but I feel something every day now. Hopefully, we'll find out Vax's gender on the 15th

I forgot we are due so close to each other! I'll be 19 weeks on Tuesday. The baby is moving away over here. My husband kissed my belly this morning and the baby started moving. I thought there was no way he could feel it but when he put his hand on there the baby kicked really hard twice and he actually felt it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:32 pm 
Saggy Butt

OWW, she is gorgeous!! You both look wonderful. And I just adore that rabbit onesie.

TCC, I have "The Perfect Pregnancy Workout" by Karyne Steben. I thought it was pretty hard, but I never work out, so my opinion may be skewed. I also have the Shiva Rae prenatal yoga DVD and hated it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:47 pm 
Nooch of Earl

She's beautiful!! And that is a great onesie!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:49 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

mandycoot wrote:
TCC, I have "The Perfect Pregnancy Workout" by Karyne Steben. I thought it was pretty hard, but I never work out, so my opinion may be skewed. I also have the Shiva Rae prenatal yoga DVD and hated it.

Ooh ooh! That's one of the ones I was thinking of getting. It's not available in the UK, althoguh there is a seller on ebay.co.uk that has it for a tenner (I'm just waiting to make sure it's Region 0 or 2 so I can actually play it) -- a tenner is a bit pricey for me, but I have heard good things about that workout (namely that it is tough) and I'd like to have at least one more baby after this, if not two (or more), and I can resell them on ebay when I'm done anyway. I also have my eye on Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga (and the Short Forms one), but they are new in the UK and are still about a tenner everywhere. Basically, I look at reviews on amazon and if the negative ones say the DVD is too hard, it goes on my to-possibly-buy list.

I forgot to mention Raygold says he is pregnant, too. He says he is growing baby Humf in his belly. And Beetroot says baby Vax is going to burst out of my head and not my "garage" (his word, but it cracks me up). Beety seems especially excited that I'm going to have a baby (although I am not sure he totally gets it), even though he and Raygold love to divebomb me and don't really get the whole don't-kick/punch-mom-in-the-stomach.
Beetroot was watching the Kathy Smith Complete Pregnancy Workout when I first got it (and wasn't showing -- I went from totally not showing to totally showing at about 17-18 weeks). You could see the gears turning in his head and he said, "they are all...lumpings!" That is my new favourite word for pregnant and showing. I am totally lumpings now, although, like my friend said (after I broke thegood news to her), I'm at that point where I look like might just have had a really good holiday food-wise. ;p

Tofulish, I'll see if Colette Crawford's DVD is available in the UK and region 0 or 2. Is it a tough one or an easy one (or somewhere in-between)?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:06 am 
Bathes in Braggs

congratulations oww!!! she is just beautiful <3 my first labour was long as well. i think a lot of first babies take their time because your body isn't used to the big stretch :) and i love that first photo, seeing you both having skin to skin <3 hope you're all blissed out on birth/breastfeeding hormones right now and the transition to motherhood isn't too emotionally challenging.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:00 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231 ... 310  Next