| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1230, 1231, 1232, 1233, 1234, 1235, 1236 ... 1890  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:24 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

WEIRD. I got an email from my best friend's ex with a pic of himself and a girl. The girl not only looks like a younger, slimmer version of my best friend, she and I knew each other a bit in high school and I haven't heard from her in 10 or 12 years. (I'm also pretty sure I had a crush on her in high school.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:47 pm 
Chard Martyr

life is so weird.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:48 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Meggs wrote:
life is so weird.

word.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:51 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The dog has been tired for the past few hours since we got home from our walk. Perfection.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:16 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I go back to work tomorrow after two weeks off. I know it will be fine once I'm there, but at the moment I really, really don't want to go.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:19 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

There's a bloody gunman with hostages (according to locals on Twitter/Facebook) in my parents' town! I phoned them and they were totally unaware, as it's a couple of miles away, but it's not the sort of thing I'd expect to happen there. Hoping everyone makes it out safely.

ETA: according to one tweeter they had a drill, not a gun! They were drunk, and went home and have now been arrested. That sounds more likely.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:26 pm 
WELFARIST!

dropscone - that went from scary to hilarious in a matter of moments!

As for me...ugh, packing. I have too much kitchen stuff. But I can't part with any of it.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:34 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm in a mood that only a snuggle can cure. I have nobody to snuggle with. The dog isn't even available for snuggles because her kong is far too interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We're having a potluck tomorrow for a colleague who's been working for the organisation for 10 years. I need to make the stuff I said I'd bring, but I kinda don't feel like it. It won't make much of a difference in what everyone else can eat, but I know I won't have anything to eat if I don't bring it myself (I certainly won't have dessert). Also, there's only one person off tomorrow, but I didn't hear back from everyone, so I'm just hoping there will be enough food and/or people who don't bring anything will have forgotten and already brought their own lunch.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:23 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
Soooooo stoked to be moving into my own place. After years of roommates and other peoples shiitake and messes and BS I'm back to being free. A killer high ceiling apartment with a kitchen box window for herbs and a killer bathroom in a tiny complex. Yes!

And if I burn my cork on the cast iron pan because Im making naked tofu scramble then no big deal because its my apartment my cork and my breakfast.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:41 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

And it'd probably add a nice bacon aroma anyhow.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:05 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Thanks for the link, v_e, I had never heard of a fire blanket before. I may need to get one.

I'm not familiar with babies, so an honest question: do they really cry all the time? In the apartment below us, there's a baby that cries all. the. time. All day. There's always people shouting in the apartment, too. And they have no furniture, so it just echoes and is so loud in all the centralized heating ducts. The baby just cries and cries and I feel really sorry for it, but I'm also wearing thin on my patience. I purposely don't have children, so it sucks (for us...and also for the baby) that there's wailing echoing throughout my apartment all day.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:10 pm 
And you never will.

Ugh, sorry PP, that sucks. The answer is: sometimes. Some babies have medical issues or colic (medical term for "crying all the time and we don't really know why"). Babies definitely pick up on what is going on around them, so the shouting, whether caused by the constant crying or not, certainly can't be helping.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

paprikapapaya wrote:
Thanks for the link, v_e, I had never heard of a fire blanket before. I may need to get one.

I'm not familiar with babies, so an honest question: do they really cry all the time? In the apartment below us, there's a baby that cries all. the. time. All day. There's always people shouting in the apartment, too. And they have no furniture, so it just echoes and is so loud in all the centralized heating ducts. The baby just cries and cries and I feel really sorry for it, but I'm also wearing thin on my patience. I purposely don't have children, so it sucks (for us...and also for the baby) that there's wailing echoing throughout my apartment all day.

Could the baby be crying because they have no furniture and therefore no nice comfy bassinet to sleep in?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:43 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I'm trying to be patient. The folks in the apartment have lived here since last spring. There was a massive move-in of several Indian families in this apartment building and the one across the street all at once. They all seem newly-landed; very friendly and eager, but next to no understand of English, and came to the apartments with no furniture or seemingly any possessions. The family below us is quite large, it's a 2-bedroom unit and I think several people are sleeping in each bedroom. They have no curtains, so I can see in their window, and they still have no furniture.

There's another family that lives on the basement level, and sometimes I walk by their window. They also have no furniture - just some blankets on the floor where the parents and children sleep. I don't know whether it's a cultural thing that I'm just really ignorant of, or whether they're really struggling. To my knowledge, the father in that family does work.

Anyway, I'm just rambling. I feel sorry for the baby below.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:46 pm 
Chard Martyr

Yay Adam, congrats!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:54 pm 
And you never will.

paprikapapaya wrote:
I don't know whether it's a cultural thing that I'm just really ignorant of, or whether they're really struggling.

One of my friends works closely with individuals in the Indian population that move into the area to attend the local university. He said that it's really common for them to live with practically nothing (often many families in one apartment), saving every penny, so that when they have enough money they can buy a house and furnish it etc with cash. It's foreign to most of us, but it seems to be a cultural thing.

ETA: I'm really sorry you're having to listen to a crying baby all day. I know you're not a dick and you understand that sometimes babies cry, but 24/7 can make anyone crazy - especially when it's not your baby and you have no control over the situation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:46 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

My feet hurt.
And how... how... how did we get so much crepe in our house. Things that are akin to Happy Meal toys. One kid is a magpie, the other is careless. I fear I may be a hoarder.
But I did find my favorite scarf.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:34 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

There is this super gross pork thing that they advertise on tv all the time where it cooks in the plastic bag it comes in. Every time I see it, I think how someone should make a seitan thing that does that. Ugh. I would buy it so hard. I am the laziest. Someone make that!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:32 am 
Ninja Master

paprikapapaya wrote:
I'm not familiar with babies, so an honest question: do they really cry all the time?

Sometimes yeah. I work from my boss' house and on friday her baby cried ALL. DAY. She just screamed, I don't think she's too well at the moment.

And again this morning was shaping up to be a day of screaming too; she's a cute little thing but I was really glad when the nanny took her out for the day.

My best friend though, her baby doesn't. He only screams if he bashes himself with whatever toy he's chucking around hehe.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:48 am 
Seagull of the PPK

One of my babies did cry, or rather scream, all the time, for the first year or so til we got her meds sorted. We even had child services called, from some surely well-meaning person who was wondering why the poor baby screamed around the clock. we felt so terrible for our neighbors, but we really lucked out- our old lady landlady had had 5 kids and just shrugged and said "babies cry", and our downstairs neighbor, who would have been the worst, had hearing loss and couldn't hear high sounds like crying. The first week my daughter was home from the hospital I bumped into him and apologized for all the noise and he literally had no idea that she had been discharged.
i hope your situation has some similar happy ending.... is there anything you can do to block out some sound from the ducts or maybe white noise machine or something?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:49 am 
Nailed to the V

I cut my hair!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:55 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Pics!

I made Esme's special sauce for the first time. WHY did I wait so long??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:18 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i am so frustrated! why are some people soooooo unprofessional about keeping appointments, calling when they say they will, remembering dates, etc? i have a business relationship with a friend where we're supposed to be working on a project and she consistently forgets to call, makes skype appts and then breaks them, never responds to emails, etc. i'm so tempted to just tell her, you know, i can't work with you any more, but i hate to cut people off.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:16 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

shiitake. I woke up (it's the middle of the night) feeling really weak and starving and thirsty, so I drank half a bottle of kombucha and a piece of toast, and proceeded to projectile vomit. All over the place as I ran to the bathroom. I just spend an hour scrubbing and I am sitting here shivering and feeling awful. I have to get on a flight to San Francisco today and I'm so worried that I have the flu again, which is SUPER bad because the woman I am visiting is in an extremely compromised state of health.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1230, 1231, 1232, 1233, 1234, 1235, 1236 ... 1890  Next