| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 425, 426, 427, 428, 429, 430, 431 ... 627  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:53 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

whichsarah wrote:
the guy i work with had a huge seizure, slammed his forehead on the table, then kept falling forward out of his chair and landed headfirst on the floor. i still feel pretty terrible.

This would be scary to me, too. I hope he's ok.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:03 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Asking all my friends for help with this move... and hearing crickets in return.
The facebook post was sort of the last desperate plea.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:05 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

kfad wrote:
Asking all my friends for help with this move... and hearing crickets in return.

Can you ask people directly? People are a lot more likely to say yes than if there's just a facebook post out in the ether.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:17 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

j-dub wrote:
kfad wrote:

Can you ask people directly? People are a lot more likely to say yes than if there's just a facebook post out in the ether.

I have. Called, emailed, talked to in person... the whole shabang. Got a whole lot of "I will see."

One gal offered to call others to ask again. And while I appreciate that... it seems really weird. Why can't she just come and help?

I am really move whiny.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:44 pm 
Nailed to the V

j-dub wrote:
kfad wrote:

...last time I moved my own sister refused to help - still hate her.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:54 pm 
Saggy Butt

Last time I moved my brother did offer the use of his truck. Of course he didn't offer his own help. I had to move most everything myself and beg for help for the couple of pieces of furniture I couldn't move on my own.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:42 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Moving sucks, and unfortunately most people would rather do anything but help someone move. Jerks. Is there anyone you helped move that you can... you know, guilt?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Shae needed stuff for his history fair project so we went to Hobby Lobby (the only decent crafty place in town), we pulled up and people were spewed out the doors, parking lot full, total insanity. Usually that place is nearly empty. Turns out they were having their version of Chik-Fil-a day in support of refusing to believe what Plan B actually is. So not only are those employees not getting contraceptives, they are also having a hell day at work.

I refused to go in and then we ended up having to go to SIX different crappy stores to find the 4 things he needed. Oh, and I have cramps and a forking kidney stone.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:47 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I sleep too much so everybody hates me. Since people are passive ggressive and hostile, I may as well just go back to sleep anyway. I slept so much today because the tramadol I took caused the worst nauseus I've ever has, including in the hospital after anesthesia, so I took a nausea pill, but those make me so sleepy, so I slept until 6, which caused a lot of hostility and people refusing to talk to me other than one word answers if I say anything. But my mom is right, I shouldn't have Molly because I can't take care of her.

I don't mind being so tired because being asleep is a lot better than being awake anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:24 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I am so stressed now that my SF trip is imminent (Monday). I've talked about it a bit here, but my former roommate in SF has a couple of months (which is on the optimistic side) to live. I am so scared and sad to say goodbye. I can't wait to see her again, but I am super depressed that it will likely be the last time. I also hate crossing the US border, but fork it, I have nothing to hide. I am going to miss her so much. She is like the best person in the world.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:53 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

lavawitch wrote:
I sleep too much so everybody hates me. Since people are passive ggressive and hostile, I may as well just go back to sleep anyway. I slept so much today because the tramadol I took caused the worst nauseus I've ever has, including in the hospital after anesthesia, so I took a nausea pill, but those make me so sleepy, so I slept until 6, which caused a lot of hostility and people refusing to talk to me other than one word answers if I say anything. But my mom is right, I shouldn't have Molly because I can't take care of her.

I don't mind being so tired because being asleep is a lot better than being awake anyway.

I don't really know your story but I've gathered from several posts that you suffer from chronic medical problems. I'm in the same boat. I can sympathize more than you will ever know. Hugs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:01 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Sending you lots of love and wishes for strength and peace, vijita.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:45 am 
Chip Strong

vijita wrote:
I am so stressed now that my SF trip is imminent (Monday). I've talked about it a bit here, but my former roommate in SF has a couple of months (which is on the optimistic side) to live. I am so scared and sad to say goodbye. I can't wait to see her again, but I am super depressed that it will likely be the last time. I also hate crossing the US border, but fork it, I have nothing to hide. I am going to miss her so much. She is like the best person in the world.

I'm so sorry you are going through this, vijita. I had to say goodbye to someone I loved very much in November. One thing that made it a tiny bit better was I was sure to tell him all I wanted to say. When he left at least there was no doubt in my mind he knew how much I loved him and how much he'd done for me.

I hope your visit is full of peace and love.

(hugs)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:32 am 
Nailed to the V

sad dream. not a nightmare, rather that kind of sweet dream that makes you sad whan you Wake up in the real life :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:12 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

kfad wrote:

So far I've moved everything by myself up to my new place. I haven't really asked anyone for help, but when I talk to my friends about it, they're not offering help, either. I mean, I know it's January and it sucks to be outside and carrying heavy things is annoying, but...come on. It would save me so much time if just one person would help me. Today I am moving my entire kitchen. Alone. I'm kind of paralyzed just thinking about it.

Luckily, I did get a friend with more upper body strength than me to help move the couch tomorrow. That's going to be an awkward, terrible day...because the only other person I have helping is, you guessed it, my ex. I'm an awful person. But if he doesn't help me, all of my shiitake will remain in his house forever, because all my friends suck, apparently. (except the one who is helping to move the couch, he gets a pardon.)

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:21 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Thank you studio and j-dub. <3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:52 am 
Semen Strong

Oh vijita, I am so sorry for your loss. I know its so hard to be going to visit a friend to say goodbye, but I just wanted to repeat what you know, which is that you're really doing a wonderful thing. When my mother was dying, we were so grateful for each and every friend who came by. They shared wonderful stories about my mother, we laughed a lot. Her last days were a celebration of her life, and that was a nice thing.

I wish you lots of good thoughts for your trip <3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:31 pm 
WRETCHED

Vijita - I'm so sorry, I know how hard it is to see someone when you know they won't be here long.

I'm surprised how hard it is to get people to help move. I've always offered to help people. Even my neighbors that I barely know, when I see moving trucks, I wonder if I should go offer my help. I'm not the best help but I'd help someone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

allularpunk wrote:
kfad wrote:

So far I've moved everything by myself up to my new place. I haven't really asked anyone for help, but when I talk to my friends about it, they're not offering help, either. I mean, I know it's January and it sucks to be outside and carrying heavy things is annoying, but...come on. It would save me so much time if just one person would help me. Today I am moving my entire kitchen. Alone. I'm kind of paralyzed just thinking about it.

Luckily, I did get a friend with more upper body strength than me to help move the couch tomorrow. That's going to be an awkward, terrible day...because the only other person I have helping is, you guessed it, my ex. I'm an awful person. But if he doesn't help me, all of my shiitake will remain in his house forever, because all my friends suck, apparently. (except the one who is helping to move the couch, he gets a pardon.)

This does suck but you will soon be ready to start on a new adventure. Things get a little bit better everyday especially when the tension of day-to-day living with that person is gone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:18 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm so sorry, vijita. I can't say much but echo what other people have said; what you're doing is wonderful.
allularpunk: that sucks! I would totally help if you lived in the area.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:45 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

lavawitch wrote:

Lavawitch, I know you are an awesome parent to Molly after all you've posted about her. I'm sorry you're so tired right now; I can't imagine being fatigued all the time- it must suck. But I know you do the best you can for Molly- please don't beat yourself up about her. I (obviously) don't know your mom, but I can't see how she is right about that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:47 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Tofulish wrote:
Oh vijita, I am so sorry for your loss. I know its so hard to be going to visit a friend to say goodbye, but I just wanted to repeat what you know, which is that you're really doing a wonderful thing. When my mother was dying, we were so grateful for each and every friend who came by. They shared wonderful stories about my mother, we laughed a lot. Her last days were a celebration of her life, and that was a nice thing.

I wish you lots of good thoughts for your trip <3

Vijita, your heart must be breaking. I am so sorry.

Tofulish, what a wonderful story. It is making me tear up as I read it again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm 
Semen Strong

lavawitch wrote:
But my mom is right, I shouldn't have Molly because I can't take care of her.

That is just bullshiitake. You are the best bird caregiver ever. You love her so much. Your mom seems like she alternates between being really nice to you and being really mean. I am sorry that you're having a tough time and I think its pretty normal to sleep when you're in pain and work as hard as you do. Sending you tons of good thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:54 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Tofulish wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
But my mom is right, I shouldn't have Molly because I can't take care of her.

That is just bullshiitake. You are the best bird caregiver ever. You love her so much. Your mom seems like she alternates between being really nice to you and being really mean. I am sorry that you're having a tough time and I think its pretty normal to sleep when you're in pain and work as hard as you do. Sending you tons of good thoughts.

If I'm alseep, Im not taking care of Molly and my mom has to do it. She is sick of that because Molly is the messiest of the birds. It I true that if I couldn't leave her upstairs with the other birds, she would be alone in her cage too often.

I haven't been very good about taking the lexapro lately so my mom is pretty pissed off about that. She is right that it's my own fault I'm feeling so lousy. It just takes so much energy to do helpful things; Idont think I care enough to do them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 425, 426, 427, 428, 429, 430, 431 ... 627  Next