| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Humidifier recommendations?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:19 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Now that we've moved to a one bedroom, we've realized the humidifier we had in Henry's room, which is now in our collective room, is crepe. It's super super dry in here, and we all have hacking coughs, so I was wondering if anyone has a humidifier they love, because its time for a new one! I will say, the selling point on the one we have is that there wasn't a separate water tank, because one of our cats was OBSESSED with our last one and made it his life's mission to knock over the tank when he got the chance.

Post subject: Re: Humidifier recommendations?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:26 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I have been researching this. I am looking for one that has a steamer function for my cat with a respiratory infection. Honestly, I have not tried this (reviews look good) but I am pointing this item out because I am really impressed with it's multi function. It can be use for steam, or cool mist for skin care or as a humidifier. With the wand it would not be too hard to stick this under a chair to keep the cat from knocking it over.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ML ... N08Z0FPLG4

Anyway I thought I'd point out my favorite and most likely purchase after looking around.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:13 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We just have a cow shaped one from Target that works well for us. I haven't used another one, so I have nothing to compare it to. I've had this one for 3-4 years with no problems.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:14 pm 
Saggy Butt

I just upgraded from our crummy Vicks humidifier to the Crane Drop humidifier and love it! It has an adjustable mist strength and no filters, you just sanitize it with vinegar. I think the animal ones from Target are the Crane brand too, and everyone I know loves them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:18 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I just bought the Crane brand elephant. We have used it nightly for a week and like it so far. I don't think it would tip easily at all. It is a cool mist humidifier and doesn't have a filter. I haven't tried to really clean it yet - supposedly you just rinse with vinegar. It is super cute which is of course the most important thing ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:49 am 
Tofu Pup

I went through three Cranes and I will NEVER buy them again. Cheap pieces of shiitake. In fact, it's the only review I've ever given on Amazon.

I use two different ones: a cheap Walgreens one (Kaz?) for LO's room and this for the rest of the house (we have a SMALL place): http://www.amazon.com/Essick-Air-Products-MA0800-Humidifier/dp/B002AQUK9S/ref=sr_1_39?ie=UTF8&qid=1356724045&sr=8-39&keywords=humidifier+whole+house

Both use filters and while I can't totally vouch for the Walgreens one yet (3 months old), I've had the Essick one for close to 5 years now and still going strong. Love it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:04 am 
Saggy Butt

I have the Crane Freddy the Frog purchased for a student for the classroom, and I've found it really helps in the day. I borrowed it when my cat was sick last year and it made a huge difference to her recovery.