| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1233, 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238, 1239 ... 1900  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:30 pm 
Semen Strong

So glad you're feeling better GCZ! Throwing up blood sounds horrible!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:05 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I know it's stupid, but taking the christmas tree down always makes me sad. I stop watering it a few days before we take it down so there won't be any water in the stand to spill, and it makes me feel so guilty, like I'm a horrible mean tree-killer. I feel like I have to apologise to the tree. "Thanks, tree, you were great. You really made Christmas festive this year. I'm so sorry I have to kill you and toss you on the curb now, but that's just the way things are."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:07 pm 
Chard Martyr

Today was awesome. That is all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:30 pm 
WELFARIST!

I got my new laptop today and I am sooooooooooooooooooooo happy!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:54 pm 
WELFARIST!

And with my new laptop I was able to check my bank account to find that someone stole my credit card info. Awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:09 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Well, on the bright side, you probable found out earlier about the theft than you would have otherwise. Ugh though, really sorry that happened to you Mr. Shankly. I hope you are getting it all sorted out without too much trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:23 am 
WELFARIST!

Yeah, I'm super lucky that my laptop arrived today and that I thought to check it. Otherwise, I'd probably not know until I tried to use my card again or something. As soon as I saw the charges I called up my bank and they've been super helpful. I have to call again tomorrow so that they can refund my money and they've cancelled my card and issued me a new one. I'm happy I caught it so soon and that so far my bank is being super helpful. On the downside, it happened and now I have to wait 5-7 business days before I can actually use my money.

Should I contact stores that I've bought from recently and give them a heads up that their systems might not be secure?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:53 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

in the span of the past 5 days I had to transfer all my funds to my mom, and then found out I was getting holiday pay for two extra weeks at work so it sucks so much less! emotional monetary roller coaster.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:16 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Just laying round in my underpants watching The Aristocats

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:14 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm in so much debt that it doesn't even really matter if I buy a bunch of vintage-inspired lingerie with a credit card right now, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:17 am 
Nailed to the V

I'm afraid it probably does ? :|

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:41 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, next month or so. :(

Sometimes being broke doesn't suck so much. Especially since I've discovered how to use up old not-quite-the-right-colour makeup and still achieve great effects: Fill in all of my lips with the liner, then use a different colour on top of that. (Yay!)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:57 am 
WRETCHED

Just something random I was thinking about...

Whenever I heard omni-types rave about Trader Joe's, it consists of 2 things: Alcohol (MD TJs doesn't sell any which I actually like, leaves more room for other stuff) and convenience foods. TJs has pretty spotty produce in my area so I don't buy any but when I was omni, I bought my (frozen) fish there and (frozen) veggies and really never had much of the convenience food. Anyway, my husband and I were driving on a street we never drive on but google maps told us to go there and I passed by a grocery-type place and I looked it up. Apparently it is a huge grocery store that only sells prepared foods. I was amazed, I never heard of such a thing. I mean I know TJs frozen prepared foods are popular and people love WFs hot/cold bar as well as deli but an entire grocery store that is just prepared foods? That is crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:28 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

It's too hot. Screw this shiitake.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/linkableblob ... k-data.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:45 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Veglicious wrote:

I don't know the conversion to farenheit but the colors sure look hot.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:57 am 
Seagull of the PPK

jeez, the news yesterday was all fires in Australia!! keep safe (and cool) Veglicious!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 am 
WELFARIST!

Peaches came on a Pandora station at work yesterday, and now I can't stop listening to The Presidents of the United States of America. It is terrible.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:23 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

erynne936 wrote:
Veglicious wrote:

Yes, it does look like a giant fire. Well 30 is about 86 and 54 is 129.2. We're actually OK in Brisbane. It's hot but not really out of the ordinary hot. Thinking of the people in bushfire areas.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:32 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

It's like day 5 after surgery and I've already dreamed up several new recipes to eat when I can have solid food again. I'm also seriously craving a blt, which will be like the holy grail of food after I heal up- prior to surgery, I had (!) an open bite which made it impossible to bite all the way through a sandwich.

I watch Food Network and just crave and dream, which is actually kinda fun. I'm gonna work on my recipe book today.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:49 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

allularpunk wrote:
Peaches came on a Pandora station at work yesterday, and now I can't stop listening to The Presidents of the United States of America. It is terrible.

SHE'S LUMP SHE'S LUMP SHE'S IN MY HEAD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:08 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Veglicious wrote:
erynne936 wrote:
Veglicious wrote:

Yes, it does look like a giant fire. Well 30 is about 86 and 54 is 129.2. We're actually OK in Brisbane. It's hot but not really out of the ordinary hot. Thinking of the people in bushfire areas.

I don't understand how 129.2 degrees is possible!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:24 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

linanil wrote:
I mean I know TJs frozen prepared foods are popular and people love WFs hot/cold bar as well as deli but an entire grocery store that is just prepared foods? That is crazy.

That actually sounds like kind of a genius business plan. People (including myself at times, if I could afford it) love that shizzle.

I went into the SF Haight WF yesterday just out of curiosity because I'm obsessed with checking produce departments after working as a produce manager for years back in the day, and though WF is good at keeping their produce looking fresh and well-stocked, the deli/hot-bar/booze/bakery/salad-bar sections took up way more space. I just wanted to get a few things to last me for the next couple of days, and it was a super confusing shopping experience.

I know from the past that I really don't like much of what WF prepares, and salads bore me, so I guess I should have gone in with a list and got stuff like Whole Soy yogurts, quinoa, broccoli, tempeh, peanut butter/earth balance, hummus, bread, tomatoes, and avocados. Instead I got a vegan donut (I don't even like donuts, but it's VEGAN), chips, wine, wayfare cheese, and bagels. And olives. Oops!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:42 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

vijita wrote:
I know from the past that I really don't like much of what WF prepares, and salads bore me, so I guess I should have gone in with a list and got stuff like Whole Soy yogurts, quinoa, broccoli, tempeh, peanut butter/earth balance, hummus, bread, tomatoes, and avocados. Instead I got a vegan donut (I don't even like donuts, but it's VEGAN), chips, wine, wayfare cheese, and bagels. And olives. Oops!

Whole Foods prepared vegetables always disappoint me so much, but I always fall for them. They look so pretty and have nice names like "garlicky something or other" or "spicy something or other in olive oil," but they're always undercooked or bland. I got broccoli rabe yesterday, and even it was bland, which I wouldn't think possible. I'm fairly sure they blanched it and drizzled the olive oil and roasted garlic on afterwards rather than cooking it all together.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:43 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

After having a week from hell last week (a combination of SAD, the effects that seeing my family has on my self-esteem and self-worth...) I am having a good day. And I had a good day yesterday, too. It's nice to feel like myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:48 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

mollyjade wrote:
vijita wrote:

Whole Foods prepared vegetables always disappoint me so much, but I always fall for them. They look so pretty and have nice names like "garlicky something or other" or "spicy something or other in olive oil," but they're always undercooked or bland. I got broccoli rabe yesterday, and even it was bland, which I wouldn't think possible. I'm fairly sure they blanched it and drizzled the olive oil and roasted garlic on afterwards rather than cooking it all together.

Totally. And their tofu...at least at the Vancouver WF, is always so gross. They use the most watery crappy-brand tofu they can so you pay more, and appear to lightly toss it in a vegan pesto or a crappy teriyaki sauce or something. You just can't really make veggies taste good when you need to make it on such a massive scale with a zillion other items cooking at the same time, and with customers complaining when the items have too much flavour.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1233, 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238, 1239 ... 1900  Next