| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238, 1239, 1240 ... 1864  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:59 am 
WRETCHED

I've had some really good stuff at Whole Foods!

At mine, their general tso's 'chicken' is awesome (but that is because of the faux chicken - better than meat, I think). A couple months ago, I tried a spicy okra stew they had and it was really good. I like their deli veggie 'burger' (it is a bit too thick to be a burger type thing but excellent in sandwiches) and some of their tempeh salads.

Now their beefy seitan dishes, I haven't been to fond of but I've had fairly good experiences.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:03 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Since school ended we're now on a super tight budget. I can't afford to try to buy only farmers market or organic veggies and it turns out i'm eating a lot more vegetables now because I'm just buying what's available at the supermarket rather than trying to seek out organic stuff or just refusing to buy non organic stuff while also being too lazy to seek out organic stuff. I feel pretty good about this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:15 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

The quality of WF prepared food seems to vary from store to store. There's one that I love in SF that generally has a lot of awesome vegan options, and then there are others that I hate trying to buy prepared foods from because they almost never have anything vegan, and when they do, it's butts. I'm guessing that they give their cooks a fair amount of freedom on what to cook and how to cook it and everything, which is cool for the cook, but sometimes frustrating for the consumer.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:32 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I've had some good stuff at the Whole Foods near me, but it does vary from day to day. They have this roasted eggplant salad that's amazing--super oily, but amazing. And then they've got some tofu and seitan things in rotation. But their falafel sucks.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:01 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

linanil wrote:

At mine, their general tso's 'chicken' is awesome (but that is because of the faux chicken - better than meat, I think). A couple months ago, I tried a spicy okra stew they had and it was really good. I like their deli veggie 'burger' (it is a bit too thick to be a burger type thing but excellent in sandwiches) and some of their tempeh salads.

Now their beefy seitan dishes, I haven't been to fond of but I've had fairly good experiences.

Our store has some amazing mock chicken dishes. I really like the Buffalo chick'n salad. And they have great sandwiches and tacos and often soups. Not to mention vegan donuts, cookies, and other desserts. And two salad bars. So I really shouldn't complain. It's just that part of the reason we eat there is to get a restaurant meal that's a little closer to what we'd cook at home in terms of balance of vegetables and other stuff. I should just stick with the salad bars for that, I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just bought 6 bags of soy curls from Butler Foods because it was the cheapest place I could find (per oz). I hope I like them as much as everyone else does.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:31 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

mollyjade wrote:
linanil wrote:

Our store has some amazing mock chicken dishes. I really like the Buffalo chick'n salad. And they have great sandwiches and tacos and often soups. Not to mention vegan donuts, cookies, and other desserts. And two salad bars. So I really shouldn't complain. It's just that part of the reason we eat there is to get a restaurant meal that's a little closer to what we'd cook at home in terms of balance of vegetables and other stuff. I should just stick with the salad bars for that, I suppose.

mollyjade your Whole Foods is the best! I think I could just move to Austin & live in Whole Foods. What's the mock chicken salad with the grapes in it called? It's so delicious! I was also in love with the breakfast tacos and the donuts & cookies.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:32 pm 
And you never will.

Somehow managed to lay my arm against a pan as I took it out of the oven. Now I have an ugly (painful) burn :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:43 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

jojo wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
linanil wrote:

mollyjade your Whole Foods is the best! I think I could just move to Austin & live in Whole Foods. What's the mock chicken salad with the grapes in it called? It's so delicious! I was also in love with the breakfast tacos and the donuts & cookies.

I know, I really do feel bad complaining about anything there. I don't think that chicken salad has a special name, but it's made with the same product as the Buffalo one I like. It's soy delight by a small producer in North Carolina. It's expensive but really really good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:55 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Lasagna with roasted cauliflower ricotta and spinach and mushrooms is in the oven! It smells soooooo good! I love AFR, everything has be glorious.

And kisses.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:57 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Today, my mom neglected to tell me that she had spilt coffee all over the passenger seat of her truck. I sat down and didn't notice anything until we were almost home, and then began to feel a little damp. When I got out of the truck, I had a HUGE brown stain on my butt. My mom couldn't stop laughing. I thought, "Oh well, I'm just going in the house. No one is going to see."

Except! When I got to the door, Tegan was standing there and she looked like she wanted to come outside and see my mom. She is scared of the outside world, so we encourage her to come out and stand in the driveway sometimes, and this time it looked like she really wanted to. So I grabbed her leash and took her into the driveway. She walked all the way down to the street and then wanted to keep going. I looked around, and there was no one nearby, so I decided to walk her a little. Usually we get two houses down and then she panics and wants to go home. But she just kept going! I kept thinking that surely she would stop at the next street, but nope.

I had to walk around the entire neighbourhood looking like I had had a poo explosion in my pants. There were other people out. I had to walk right by them. There was lots of traffic. There were probably people peering from their windows. In my head, I just kept thinking, "poo explosion".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

erynne936 wrote:
Veglicious wrote:

I don't know the conversion to farenheit but the colors sure look hot.

I can make pretty close conversions to temperatures one would actually see here in the US. This is so high my conversion skills stop being very useful. High's probably... 110-120 in some spots!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:00 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Today, my mom neglected to tell me that she had spilt coffee all over the passenger seat of her truck. I sat down and didn't notice anything until we were almost home, and then began to feel a little damp. When I got out of the truck, I had a HUGE brown stain on my butt. My mom couldn't stop laughing. I thought, "Oh well, I'm just going in the house. No one is going to see."

Except! When I got to the door, Tegan was standing there and she looked like she wanted to come outside and see my mom. She is scared of the outside world, so we encourage her to come out and stand in the driveway sometimes, and this time it looked like she really wanted to. So I grabbed her leash and took her into the driveway. She walked all the way down to the street and then wanted to keep going. I looked around, and there was no one nearby, so I decided to walk her a little. Usually we get two houses down and then she panics and wants to go home. But she just kept going! I kept thinking that surely she would stop at the next street, but nope.

I had to walk around the entire neighbourhood looking like I had had a poo explosion in my pants. There were other people out. I had to walk right by them. There was lots of traffic. There were probably people peering from their windows. In my head, I just kept thinking, "poo explosion".

Hahahaha! The things we would do for our dogs...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:25 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

This is the best. If I were a mod, I'd change your subnick to "poo explosion".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:35 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Last weekend something like this happened to me! Our dogs got into a fight on Saturday night so we kind of kept them apart the rest of the weekend to let the tensions settle, but Ginger wouldn't go into the back where Chester is most of the time so when she had to use the bathroom I knew I had to take her out the front door. Little bisque wouldn't squat for nothing, so finally at like 6 am Sunday she's awake and making noises like she wants to go out so I trudge outside in my pajamas, no bra, stupid Big Sexy shirt while she sniifffffs around the yard doing nothing. Three people and their seven dogs pass, the neighbors come out to have breakfast, everyone's staring at us. Dogs are barking at us. Eventually I just sat down and let her sniff around in the circle around me while I held my head in my hands.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:37 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My mother keeps saying, "I'm sure no one noticed!" and I keep saying, "How could you not notice?! There was a gigantic brown stain across my asparagus!" I am so going to get her back for this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:38 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Fee wrote:
Last weekend something like this happened to me! Our dogs got into a fight on Saturday night so we kind of kept them apart the rest of the weekend to let the tensions settle, but Ginger wouldn't go into the back where Chester is most of the time so when she had to use the bathroom I knew I had to take her out the front door. Little bisque wouldn't squat for nothing, so finally at like 6 am Sunday she's awake and making noises like she wants to go out so I trudge outside in my pajamas, no bra, stupid Big Sexy shirt while she sniifffffs around the yard doing nothing. Three people and their seven dogs pass, the neighbors come out to have breakfast, everyone's staring at us. Dogs are barking at us. Eventually I just sat down and let her sniff around in the circle around me while I held my head in my hands.

Do you think dogs try to humiliate their humans on purpose?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:43 pm 
Dead by dawn

I don't want to make light of your (non)poo explosion, rc, but YAY TEGAN! Maybe her new years resolution was to conquer her fears. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:50 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I know, Tegan did great. The prednisone she is on makes her so drowsy that I think it is taking the edge off of her anxiety. So I'm going to try to get in as many positive outdoor experiences as I can before she is weaned off it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:50 pm 
WELFARIST!

Yay, I'm so happy Tegan's getting more comfy, too! What's a little poo between friends and neighbas?

I was youtubing bird vids for a writing project and this bird dancing to Lady Gaga cracked me up. It's only thirty seconds:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:52 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mollyjade wrote:
jojo wrote:

I know, I really do feel bad complaining about anything there. I don't think that chicken salad has a special name, but it's made with the same product as the Buffalo one I like. It's soy delight by a small producer in North Carolina. It's expensive but really really good.

I think it is called the Sonoma Chick'n Salad or something like that. They used to make it with Gardein in some places.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:04 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I miss NYC. I kind of want to live there. We talk about it sometimes, but it would be such a huge lifestyle change.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:07 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

strawberryrock wrote:
I'm in so much debt that it doesn't even really matter if I buy a bunch of vintage-inspired lingerie with a credit card right now, right?

Ooooh, which lingerie are you looking at? I love the What Katie Did pieces. Especially the bullet bras and French knickers. The corsets are beautiful, too. I have some of their stockings. They're really cute and reasonably priced! Hehe, sorry, probably shouldn't be giving you any tips.

Last edited by PoesiePie on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:08 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

creep wrote:
I miss NYC. I kind of want to live there. We talk about it sometimes, but it would be such a huge lifestyle change.

I think I'd go totally nuts living there, but I think it's amazing to visit!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:10 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Go Tegan!!!!! How could she not turn up an opportunity to make a show of you!

Lexi was being a pain in the butt this evening. She was yapping like a chihuahua for an hour solid. She is now passed out exhausted on the living room floor now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238, 1239, 1240 ... 1864  Next