| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238, 1239, 1240, 1241 ... 1767  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:12 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

joshua wrote:
creep wrote:
I miss NYC. I kind of want to live there. We talk about it sometimes, but it would be such a huge lifestyle change.

I think I'd go totally nuts living there, but I think it's amazing to visit!

I do get pretty overwhelmed being around people sometimes... and there are a lot of them there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:29 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm signing people up for the LGBT safe zone training at my work! So far I already have 4 faculty members and 4 administrators signed up! And two other faculty members that wanted to do it, but weren't able to when it was scheduled. And two that told me they were interested, but haven't confirmed yet. I just sent out the email 2 days ago, so I am pretty happy with the response.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:37 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

joshua wrote:
creep wrote:
I miss NYC. I kind of want to live there. We talk about it sometimes, but it would be such a huge lifestyle change.

exactly my sentiments! I fell in love with it in November, but by the end of our week there, I was ready for home. And yet I can't wait to go back.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:53 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

aaannnddd it's going to cost $500 to get my brakes fixed. back in the hole with me!

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

booberthefraggle wrote:
aaannnddd it's going to cost $500 to get my brakes fixed. back in the hole with me!

Oh crepe. That is an awful amount. I have mine booked in for a service on Tuesday. Praying that it doesn't need anything because I can only afford the service and as it is I need to get it NCT tested.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:57 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

paprikapapaya wrote:
joshua wrote:
creep wrote:

exactly my sentiments! I fell in love with it in November, but by the end of our week there, I was ready for home. And yet I can't wait to go back.

I saw a job posting that are my exact qualifications, but I don't think I could enjoy living in NYC.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

daisychain wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:

Oh crepe. That is an awful amount. I have mine booked in for a service on Tuesday. Praying that it doesn't need anything because I can only afford the service and as it is I need to get it NCT tested.

thats just to fix the front ones! would have been a grand for all of them.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:22 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

have you tried driving slower so you don't need to use brakes?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I did everything I wanted to today, but it took forever. My grandma's spirits are up again, which is awesome!, but my jaw hurt too much to talk to her for more than 5 minutes, which sucked. Back to UMCG tomorrow for more mouth explorations. Man, I hope they can stop this achey-hurty-business soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:43 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

ndpittman wrote:
I saw a job posting that are my exact qualifications, but I don't think I could enjoy living in NYC.

Just out of curiousity, what is it about NYC that you would not like? I have been here so long that I am sure I don't see my life here the way someone from the outside would..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:48 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

joshua wrote:

That has to be the best idea ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

paprikapapaya wrote:
joshua wrote:
creep wrote:

I loved NYC, but I think I need to experience it when they haven't just had a natural disaster. I imagine it would've been much more hectic, which would put me off. The subway journey I took at rush hour was pretty nerve-wracking.

It drives me crazy having to rely on my family to do my banking for me when people send me money in the US. I understand that it isn't worth it for people to try to send me money in sterling, but it sucks having to wait for someone to get off their asparagus and go to my bank. And I recognise that part of the problem is that there's only one branch of my bank anywhere near my family. But my dad doesn't work, so it's not like he has a lot of commitments that keep him from doing it. I know they got my Xmas money well before Xmas, and it's now 2 weeks after Xmas, so there's really no reason for them not to have done it. It wouldn't bother me (so much) if I didn't need it to pay my student loans.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

joshua wrote:

I've found my shoes wear out too quick.

(when I keep having to put my foot down to stop the car at lights)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

booberthefraggle wrote:
joshua wrote:

I've found my shoes wear out too quick.

(when I keep having to put my foot down to stop the car at lights)

just go to green lights so you don't have to stop

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

all right turns, just drive up in to the snow bank to park, it could work.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:12 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Angelina wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

Just out of curiousity, what is it about NYC that you would not like? I have been here so long that I am sure I don't see my life here the way someone from the outside would..

It's hard to say. I guess the physical and emotional size of the city. I don't know how well I can explain what I mean by that though. There's just something about it that feels so big, and then I get overwhelmed and feel panicky. I think it probably doesn't help that the last couple of times I went I didn't really have a game plan other than sneaking into the tents at fashion week.

And I feel like I have this picture in my head of how it should be and how I should be when I'm there, and it doesn't ever work out that way. I blame Sex and the City.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I really like the anonymity of there being so many people in NYC, that I can go places and be totally unnoticed. I like the public transport. I like being able to eat at SO MANY places, and having crazy food options. Pretty much any band I'd ever want to see tours there. And they pretty much have everything ever.

Buuuuut, I'm also pretty stressed out by crowds. I would miss having space (outdoor and indoor). We'd have to get rid of most of our belongings. Stuff is expensive. I would have to walk the dog super frequently because we couldn't just let him out the back door. I'd miss the independence of having a car, being close to family, Southern hospitality, other stuff.

I guess it's a trade-off for all the awesomeness.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:06 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
I had to walk around the entire neighbourhood looking like I had had a poo explosion in my pants. There were other people out. I had to walk right by them. There was lots of traffic. There were probably people peering from their windows. In my head, I just kept thinking, "poo explosion".

Seriously, i was sitting in my car killing time before a client and an older guy walked by with what looked like a poo explosion type situation, and my first thought was not 'haha" but instead thanking sweet baby jesus that i do not have a poo explosion type situation every time i go running.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:16 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

On my way to my night classes, I drive by this house that mystifies me. A nasty looking double wide (maybe it was nice 30 years ago) surrounded by a fancy wooden deck, a 2 1/2 car nice looking (new) garage that seems entirely filled with crepe, a couple of those fancy two story storage sheds that look loke tiny barns, zero landscaping on a huge plot of land, a $35k Harley, fancy new pickup, some kind of SUV.

I can't wrap my head around surrounding a falling down trailer with a couple hundred thousand worth of stuff. Also, leaving a top of the line Harley outside all the time (shudder). There are lots of small, older homes along the roads, but not really any mobile homes. The few that are around here generally look well tended with some flowers or something, so they look like homes.

None of my business of course, but it's one of those things that has me imaging various scenarios.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:24 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

you should see what we see in Brazil- shack, no other way to say it, water and electricity visibly "stolen" from someone else's connections, mud yard, starving animals.... and shiny new land rover or beemer in the drive. It's hard to even imagine- the house is an irregular settlement, and there is a real risk that the city/state/fed government could BULLDOZE it as a risk to public health and safety [or more likely because the landowner wants these people gone], and someone there spent enough money to buy a nice house in a nice area on a blingmobile. hard to wrap my head around.

ETA: i think i very much enjoy dreaming up stories about these kinds of mysterious places. they are probably more interesting than whatever the reality actually is!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:37 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'd think meth lab if it weren't on the main road that has no less than (there is a meth lab issue here).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:26 pm 
Chard Martyr

I'm scared to drive my roommate's (former roommate) fancy car all over the Bay area but she's getting a brain scan so it's pretty much our only option. Eeep! Driving in America. Why does it always freak me out?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:57 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

"Horrifying pit bull tsunami," is a phrase that I just read.
Well, then.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:42 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Between poo explosions and dancing birds and plans to drive cars without brakes, you guys just really cheered me up. Thank you.

I got everything on my to-do list done before work today! Unfortunately, every day in my planner has another to-do list. They never end, it seems. (Also my back hurts. /whine)

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:07 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

So, the other day I was telling the guy that I had become really close friends with in August, the same guy that left in Nov. to California for 'not even a month', well I was telling him about how I majorly threw out my back, I also asked how he was doing in the same text and he responds only with the answer to how he was doing, no acknowledgment of me... and today I just saw on FB: "Here's my new number for those I forgot"... and then also asking about places to stay in the Bay area.

Dudes. I had become so close with him and his friend who he's also in CA with... So frakken close! I feel totally abandoned. I know life changes happen but when they left it was all "dude we'll text all the time and FaceTime and all that, and then we'll be back so soon!", and then the longer they were gone those things just started fizzling... and now they don't even think to tell me of all these major changes... forkin sigh.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 44173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238, 1239, 1240, 1241 ... 1767  Next