| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 82  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:01 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

You are back into it! That's all that matters.
I'm plugging away. Going to Hawaii in a couple weeks for a wedding and vacation, so I gotta get that tire off my waist...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:35 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Whoa. Sorry about the question you posted two months ago that I never replied to, Randi!! Chalean Extreme is kind of great, I think. Her thing is to lift less heavy weights really slowly and I have to say I got more arm definition from her than from P90X. The workouts are around 40 minutes but feel shorter. Today is my longest workout of the series because it's cardio and then ab work and it says 63 minutes.

I'm not really in the mood to workout lately, but I remind myself I'm way less in the mood to be too big to wear my 18 pairs of shorts this summer (it gets damn hot here).

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:20 am 

ooh have we discussed 10 minute trainer? http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitnes ... UTERESULTS $39.95x2 with free express shipping

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:55 am 
Tofu Pup

This thread is awesome! I love Beachbody's programs...started with P90X and currently doing Insanity. Both are great- though I do miss Tony's one-liners ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:01 am 

Hi Eve!

I keep restarting and requitting Turbo Jam and Chalean Extreme. I think I'm just sick of Chalene so it might be time to go back to Tony and his one liners :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:07 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm still plugging away on my hybrid of Body Beast (for bulking up) and Insanity (for battling the incessant fat). I'm getting my latest 90-day fat test on Saturday to see how I'm doing.
I haven't heard Tony and his one-liners for a while. But about 3 weeks ago I walked into a hotel gym at about 5:45am to do my Bulk: Arms workout, and there was a guy obviously doing "legs and back" to his iphone. I could tell it was right before the Groucho walk so I blurted out "there ain't no such thing as a sanity claus" and the guy looked over at me and grimaced. I thought it was funny! I guess we forgot how sick we get of those lines when we hear them week after week after week...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:59 am 
Tofu Pup

"There ain't no such thing as a sanity claus" LOL!!!! I would have cracked up HARD!

Chalean Extreme looks really cool, though I hear you on getting sick of the same person. As much as I love Insanity, by Week 5 or so it was getting to the point where my husband or I would blurt out what Shaun T was going to say before he said it. ("Don't have your legs too wide...don't have your legs too wide...JOSH!")

We're doing a mix-and-match of P90X and Insanity now to keep it fun :).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:19 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I miss Tony. Brian misses him too but he won't admit it.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:48 am 
***LIES!!!***

Bought and tried to start Insanity. Realizing I am not in good enough shape to even start. Any tips for getting in good enough shape to start?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:53 am 

Ariann, I wondered that a few months ago, and I haven't picked one out yet but I decided that it would be best to try one of those 'ten minute trainer' dvds (or two or three, however much time you have) for a couple of weeks to, if anything, get into the habit of working out every day. I tried the Insanity fit test only month after completing P90X and I still couldn't freaking do it.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:54 am 

appifanie wrote:
ooh have we discussed 10 minute trainer? http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitnes ... UTERESULTS $39.95x2 with free express shipping

I just saw this when I was googling for the cheapo dvds called Ten Minute Trainer, JFC. $80?!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:10 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Oh yeah, so I tried to start the fit test yesterday and was just like, whatever. Then this morning I tried the plyometric cardio which is what I was supposed to be doing according to the schedule and my knees started hurting immediately (never had knee issues before, I guess this is what happens when you gain 90 pounds) and I couldn't even do jumping jacks (which I used to do all the time). It was awful. I might also dig out my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and see if that hits me better as a prep.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:38 pm 

Plyo never got easy for me, if you can't jump you can still go through the motions and get a good workout. Some weeks I was able to keep up better and jump more, and some it just wasn't happening.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:55 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I saw one of these programs on groupon a month or so ago... I think it was Turbofire? I was tempted to get it but I'm wary of working out at that level. Anyway, what I'm getting at is, watch the deal sites since this sort of thing shows up sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:38 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I actually got Insanity on Amazon "used" for under $100 - it came in pristine condition, everything intact, looked like it had never been opened.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:58 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I've just ordered Insanity...Anyone still doing or about to start this?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:40 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

To the folks who got scared from the fit test: the fit test for Insanity is HARD! I've done two rounds of insanity and still think so. So if you are otherwise healthy (I don't think I'd attempt if I had bad knee issues for instance) and you already plunked down the cash,you may want to give it a whirl? You may just need to take some breaks, but even the people on the video do.
Vegcasserole, I am getting ready to start an Insanity hybrid with P90x. Its been about a year since my last Insanity round so we'll see how it goes.... Post and tell us what you think....

Shaun T with no shirt does help, just sayin'.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:01 pm 
Tofu Pup

That fit test is INTENSE...even though Tonya makes it look like a stroll through the park.

Like emmalv mentioned, though, one thing I love about Insanity is that you can take breaks if you get tired out. I noticed some great results from the program from just showing up and doing what I could each day.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:54 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

emmalv wrote:
To the folks who got scared from the fit test: the fit test for Insanity is HARD! I've done two rounds of insanity and still think so. So if you are otherwise healthy (I don't think I'd attempt if I had bad knee issues for instance) and you already plunked down the cash,you may want to give it a whirl? You may just need to take some breaks, but even the people on the video do.
Vegcasserole, I am getting ready to start an Insanity hybrid with P90x. Its been about a year since my last Insanity round so we'll see how it goes.... Post and tell us what you think....

Shaun T with no shirt does help, just sayin'.

Eve wrote:
That fit test is INTENSE...even though Tonya makes it look like a stroll through the park.

Like emmalv mentioned, though, one thing I love about Insanity is that you can take breaks if you get tired out. I noticed some great results from the program from just showing up and doing what I could each day.

Thank-you both, your comments helped to prepare me, but one is never quite ready for the intensity until one does it.

Boy, do I sweat during the workouts. I'm on day 3 today, and I'm loving it. Wow, emmalv well done for doing 2 rounds...that's impressive!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:38 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I am on day 2, currently putting off plyometrics because it looks terrifying!

I started alongside my sister so we are going to keep each other going, but DAMN, I am sore from yesterday!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:18 pm 
Hip Goiter

I'm still doing mainly Insanity, a year later. It's at the point where when I travel or do something else for a week, I miss it. Like freaking Stockholm Syndrome. I don't really do the fit test anymore since it's my regular workout but the workouts are still really hard. But I love it so much. I think I have a problem.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:35 pm 

that's a pretty great problem though!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:26 pm 
Hip Goiter

Just rereading what/how I wrote that makes me seem like the people I hate who brag about how fit they are. Just wanted to self edit haha. I still have to pause the videos like 10-15x most days! And I don't look fit (whatever that means) by any means. Just didn't want to psych any newbies out. It's hard but it gets fun! You might really enjoy it.

Also - I have the Beachbody RevAbs 90 Day System. It's interesting and I like a lot of it, but I just don't need it. If anyone is interested in buying it from me (extremely cheap) let me know. Look into it!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:42 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Randi, that's an awesome problem to have! I'm at the point now where I'm working out 5x a week, and if I miss a day for some reason, I actually do miss doing it. I have never been that person before, so it's kind of weird, but nice.

I recently started doing Les Mills Combat, and I'm really enjoying it. I've always favored kickboxing/martial arts-style workouts, and previously I had done Turbo Jam, which was fun, but there was a little too much dancing and hip-thrusting for my taste. LMC is more straight-up punching and kicking. I find the instructors endearing and hilarious in a totally cheesy way, I like the music, and the workouts are tough but fun. I need to get some gloves to wear during, though, because almost without fail I will sweat so much that I'm flinging sweat all over the place every time I punch. Gross. So far I haven't branched out from just doing the cardio workouts, but I would like to do the whole program at some point once I'm a little stronger.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:28 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I just bought P90X. I need to mix up my all-running all the time workouts. And I'm intrigued by the challenge. And I can do anything for 90s days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 82  Next