| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 105  Next
 Post subject: !
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:55 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

refinnej wrote:
Oi, 5 minutes after I read your post Aubade, I see this on HP: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/devon-cor ... lp00000009. Where are my freaking tissues? :)

Awww...sniff sniff. Gotta enjoy the moment.

Videos!

Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:17 pm 
Semen Strong

Aubade wrote:
Kai is getting heavy. (he's 26 lbs now)

Leela is there now. I have to stem myself to pick her up. I would love a 19lb feather baby to throw around some days!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:07 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I have a feather baby! I'm still sad about all the growing up, but also thrilled. Just in the last week she has changed so much communication-wise. She points to answer "where is the..." questions that let me know her receptive language skills are really expanding. Her expressive skills are also growing and it feels good to hear Mama, mama even if its ALL THE TIME.

She cut two more teeth over the holiday, when we were without heat or noise machine (essential for sleeping). She is such a pro at walking, it surprises everyone.

I miss her when she is sleeping. Is that weird?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Butternut wrote:
I miss her when she is sleeping. Is that weird?

If it is, then I'm a totally weirdo! Most nights, if I manage to stay awake for more than a half hour after he goes to bed I start missing him. Starting tomorrow, I might change my tune since we're moving into a one bedroom!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:55 am 
Semen Strong

Add me to the list of weirdos. I am so happy when I can wake up before her and stare at her while she sleeps. Its amazing. And she sleeps next to me, so I get cuddles all night long, but still seeing that little face sleeping, makes my heart do flippyfloppies.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:53 pm 
Chip Strong

Ada turned 20 months old yesterday. 20 months! In the last few days she has been saying words so much more clearly (and so so many more words!) and we are starting to understand her sentences a little more. We'll catch two or three words in one. I'm just shocked how much she has been able to say so clearly just in the last few days. I can have conversations with her that make sense.
She also loves helping. She carries laundry from the dryer to the bedroom, hands us dishes to put away, throws away any garbage she finds unprompted, helps add ingredients and mix them when I'm cooking/baking...basically anything we do she wants and can (to a certain extent) do now. It's crazy what a difference a couple of months makes. I swear she just keeps getting cuter and more fun. I know I say that all of the time but it's true!
Oh and this may not seem like big deal, but yesterday she screwed a cap back onto a fruit pouch.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:47 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Oh, I'd love to see Ada now! She is becoming such a person!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:10 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Younger Girl is 4.5 months old and has a Tooth. I'm not ready for a Tooth. Today she's had a lowgrade fever and acted off. I hope it's just related to the Tooth.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:29 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Wow, Sashi! You're making me really forward to a couple of months from now (Violet is 17m). I feel like at this point Vi can do so much and understand us very well, but is getting so frustrated - peak of the terrible 2s, apparently - because she can't communicate what she needs that well. There are about a dozen things right now that are "bah" - book, banana, bottle/cup/soymilk/water, hair brush, tooth brush/brushing, berry, etc.. I feel like I sit there offering multiple things to her until I finally hit upon what she wants! Lately Vi has loved putting caps on things (esp. the squeeze fruits) as well, that's way more fun than, say, eating them.

I don't know how it will go after a couple week absence (they were closed last week, and we're back down to 1x/week now that unlimited classes during December is over), but I've been really happy with how well Violet has managed her gym classes. She's gone from being the kid tearing around the room during circle time to following along and really participating. She's also been going through a separation anxiety period and being very clingy in public, whereas she used to run away from me at every opportunity. I am not sure how her personality will settle, but while this is a little easier to manage I am kind of hoping she manages to stay a little bit more outgoing than my husband and I are! It's not likely, I suppose, but I feel like life will be easier for her that way. Lately she's been dancing and singing a lot when there's music on, so I've enrolled her in music classes later this month. It's so great to see her become more and more capable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:26 pm 

bb, I'll bet cold&sleepy will commiserate with you about the teeth. :)

Agreed about toddlerdom being such an age of change. Exciting and sentimental and exhausting!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:01 pm 

My kid is going to need therapy from a couple of her Christmas presents. My sister got her this airplane ride on toy (Freya is very interested in planes/helicopters)...it lights up and makes noise, even when it was in the box apparently. After much to-do trying to get the batteries out, it was retired to the back of the sofa, where it's lived for several days as Freya works her way up to touching it occasionally, and then yesterday, actually turning one of the propellers.

Today, she was opening the last of her presents, as we decided to spread them out. She has loved baby dolls at some of the playgroups we've visited, so I thought it was time to have one at home too. She opened it excitedly, then got wary and then when the doll tipped over burst into tears for some unknown reason. You guessed it..behind the sofa (it's a sort of walkway back there).

Thank goodness she liked the other stuff. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:02 pm 
Semen Strong

Ha! That is hilarious!

Leela just has complete disinterest in her toys. She likes the less predictable interactivity of our cats.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:18 pm 
Semen Strong

My update is that Leela now blows kisses when we skype with people. Its so freaking cute.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:22 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

One of the first ways grey communicated was blowing kissed, love it! He isn't doing it much now :(

Grey has started tucking himself into bed, so cute. And I have to hold bun and his baby while Nate holds grey and we sing rock a bye baby. Last night I did it holding Sputnik and we had to do it twice so I could sing it to bun and Shannon too.

He also sometimes will not go to sleep until he gets tickles. I swear each day gets better and better. I feel really bad for Nate that grey and I will be gone for a month :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:04 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Are you going back to Michigan?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:01 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Ariann wrote:
Are you going back to Michigan?

I am. Nate has to do some traveling.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 pm 

I already posted about this on Facebook, but it's my favorite Freya tale of late, so I have to share here as well.

Tonight, Karl had to stay late at work and Freya and I were busy cooking dinner (her in the highchair) when he came home. She heard him, but by the time we got her out of the seat and into the other room, he had gone back out for a minute to bring the recycling bin in from by the road. She was a bit confused, so I said that we could probably see him out the kitchen window. We opened the window and waited, and he came and peeked in, waved, etc. but then headed back around to the front of the house. Again, a little concerned but not upset. I said "let's walk to the other door and find him". She shakes her head yes, and then as we are walking signs "more" "more" "Pappa". More Pappa! Oh my heart melted.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:41 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Awww, cute Freya! I came here to post a signing update too! Henry has started signing food/eat! It's pretty adorable, especially when he does the regular sign, and then points to his mouth with just his index finger like, just put it right in here, people!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:25 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

E-baby (10wks) is becoming a horrible sleeper :( We've gone from 5-6 hr stretches at night to waking up every 60-90mins ALL.NIGHT.LONG! And it's not growth spurt related... this has been going for over 3wks. Blah! Mama is tired... *yawn* Oh and he catnaps all day. I thought babies this young needed at least 15-16hrs of sleep perday. Its a good day when we get 12...

But, we've finally managed to get S-boy (4) into his own bed in his room. We used to co-sleep but now it was too much and I was becoming a walking zombie. On night 3, he's only woken up 3 times for us. Yay!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:12 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

stuckunderhere wrote:
E-baby (10wks) is becoming a horrible sleeper :( We've gone from 5-6 hr stretches at night to waking up every 60-90mins ALL.NIGHT.LONG! And it's not growth spurt related... this has been going for over 3wks. Blah! Mama is tired... *yawn* Oh and he catnaps all day. I thought babies this young needed at least 15-16hrs of sleep perday. Its a good day when we get 12...

But, we've finally managed to get S-boy (4) into his own bed in his room. We used to co-sleep but now it was too much and I was becoming a walking zombie. On night 3, he's only woken up 3 times for us. Yay!

Ugh, so sorry to hear this.

Grey turned 18 months yesterday, where did the time go? I was talking to a friend about a daycare, but they can't start until 2 years and then realized how close that is! He is 34 inches and 27 pounds. Hs head is still huge and I cannot believe all the developments, they happen so fast now!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:26 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The Magician has had so many little developments since we've been in Oregon. He learned to go up and down stairs (whee), learned to play telephone, learned several new words, got four or five new teeth, grew a lot more hair, and started signing more pretty consistently. And he started eating a significant amount of people food (sometimes).

The Emperor's new thing is that he wants to talk about marriage constantly. Who is married to whom, who isn't married, and most importantly (to him), who his brother will marry. In his words, "mama is already married to daddy, and M is going to need someone to take care of him when he's grown up!" Weird and really funny.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:56 pm 
Saggy Butt

Sven is going to be one tomorrow! I really can't believe it. Too bad the poor kid was gifted a new tooth and croup. I'm just glad I was too disorganized to have a birthday party for him!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:11 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Oh no! (About the tooth and croup.) Happy happy birthday Sven and congrats to you for getting through year one!

I haven't planned a birthday party for M yet either. His birthday is a week from Sunday. But I'm thinking of doing a joint party (with my birthday) in the middle of February.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:38 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

stuckunderhere wrote:

tiny wu was a horrible sleeper for a while around 8-10 weeks too, but the last week and a half have been much better! Still not getting more than 3 hours at a stretch, but suddenly she CAN nap again, and bedtime is not the hideous disaster it was for a while. Hopefully things will improve for you soon.

We also just had the 12 week home health visit, and she impressed the visitor with being so "delightful, curious, and attentive (translated)." She did not impress the visitor with her weight, alas.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:44 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

What about her weight??

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 105  Next