| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1240, 1241, 1242, 1243, 1244, 1245, 1246 ... 1828  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:23 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Waiting for the Mr to arrive with his two youngest kids (10), it's the first time I'm meeting them, eep!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:28 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

fezza wrote:
Waiting for the Mr to arrive with his two youngest kids (10), it's the first time I'm meeting them, eep!

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:02 am 
Seagull of the PPK

"the illegal action zone has been accessed"

i feel like some super duper spy hacker. [i am the farthest thing from it]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:31 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Thanks, dubz. You're totally right, and yet I just don't feel like it's an option for me. For such a huge conglomerate, the way it operates is more like a popularity contest than a democracy. I'm still on contract, and I've been given the the feeling several times that I shouldn't "rock the boat" too much. Also, this guy's wife is like a big hot-shot in the company.
I'm getting really, really disheartened with my job, though. The fact that this guy is allowed to bully not only me but others, and the fact that 4 years later I'm still on contract (which is just them not wanting to give me benefits, essentially).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:36 am 
Semen Strong

Can you look elsewhere PPPP? You're being undervalued where you are, and that is a shame because you are lovely.

A friend of mine was in the same position and then went to his employer with another job offer in hand and his boss made him permanent and gave him benefits rather than lose him.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:56 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mars wrote:
Moon wrote:
I think I finally know where I want to be, but I have no idea how to get there.

Where! Sounds intriguing!

LOL. Not a geographical where, but I think I want to go back to school, and I think I want to become a therapist/counsellor/something in that arena. But it looks like it would be a really, really long road getting there and I don't know where to start to figure out if it is even feasible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:00 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Good luck, fezza!

I'm sitting here trying to think of a kind and respectful way to tell someone I care about that their constant negativity is really bringing me down. I'm fairly sure she'll take it badly, no matter what I say, but I keep not saying anything and getting more and more fed up. I feel like I shouldn't even bring it up because of course I bisque about things too, everyone does, but this is a bit over the top. But then that's a subjective judgement, maybe I'm just weird and oversensitive. Gah. I don't know what to do.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:07 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Good luck fezza!

I'm kinda bummed I didn't get an invitation to someone's housewarming party tonight. I thought she really liked me! But I guess the other people there might not want to hang out with or see me (ex's friends...). Oh well, cat party at my house!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Blasting music (from my laptop... so it's really not that loud) because mom's out for coffee with a friend. AWWWWWYEAHHHHH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:36 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

So glad I declined the neighbours invite over for "dinner" and done my own thing because that bahn mi was out of this world. Much better than been served a boiled potato and veg from the freezer and some tomato sauce. All gone cold.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:38 am 
Chard Martyr

I woke up with a paper-thin slice through my nose with dried blood. what the fizzle? DId this angel of a kitty currently purring enthusiastically by my side seriously take a swipe at me in my sleep?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:39 am 
Seagull of the PPK

can't decide if it's good or bad: super fast jazz trio playing "white wedding". i'm going with good.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:08 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

It makes me sad to realize, but Molly really is a crasshole. She bullies the other two birds (I caught her pulling the macaw's tail, she routinely gobbles her treat, crumbs everywhere, then goes and grabs the macaw's out of his foot whole he is eating daintily and neatly, she rushes at the cockatiel is she tries to get anything out of the veggie dish), she can be pretty mean to my parents unless she wants something or I'm not around, and is just overall a total pill to everybody except me. To me, she is the sweetest, most affectionate little snuggle bug. I wish she were nicer.

Anyone else have a crasshole pet?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:40 pm 
Semen Strong

Veto lets Leela pull his tail, sit on him and chew his ears. But if my husband starts to sing, he'll attack him. Crasshole? Music critic? Either way, appalling and hilarious.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:43 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Anyone that patiently lets the kiddos torment them is pretty ok. Not a crasshole.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:05 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Ah, tofulish that is the funniest thing i have ever heard!

Was veto around before leela? Or did he come into the house and just got used to the way she loved him? My oldest is wanting a cat. Our youngest is about to turn 1. I'm a little afraid she will be too rough with a cat even though she will just be trying to show it love. We want to rescue a cat from a shelter. I suppose they may know if a certain cat would be a good fit for our family. I always had dogs growing up so I'm clueless if we should just wait or look for a younger cat etc etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:06 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Thanks guys, it seemed to go well. I cautious with his little girl, it must be odd for her to see him close to another woman, who isn't her mum. I imagine, with her personality, she might see me as competition for a while.

I'm tired and the city is going a bit mad with riots tonight, it's been going on since before Christmas and the violence is escalating now. They found a home made bomb in a loyalist area this morning, it's bad shiitake.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:07 pm 

Tofulish wrote:
Veto lets Leela pull his tail, sit on him and chew his ears. But if my husband starts to sing, he'll attack him. Crasshole? Music critic? Either way, appalling and hilarious.

That is pretty amazing really. I would die laughing.

My cat is a crasshole. Since I got the dog last Christmas he despises me. Not because he hates the dog..... he has an exceptional bond with the dog. They are constantly playing and the dog can get rough with the cat. If I think I am being a saint and try rescue the cat he makes a swipe at me and turns back to the dog to continue getting mauled. Often he sits outside the window bawling to be let in. As soon as I open the window he swipes at me.

Only time he ever wants snuggles is at 4am when I am trying to sleep.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:45 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

gosh, fezza, stay safe.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:54 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

fezza wrote:
I'm tired and the city is going a bit mad with riots tonight, it's been going on since before Christmas and the violence is escalating now. They found a home made bomb in a loyalist area this morning, it's bad shiitake.

take care sweetie!! there was some scary stuff on the news yesterday and i thought if it was on the news here, it must be really bad.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:57 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Olive has thrown up her wet food almost immediately twice in a row now.

This is after dealing with her chronic diarrhea for the past several months and also Agnes had a scary infection really recently. Cannot get a break.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:58 pm 

Fezza, I'm angry at the tomfoolery that is going on up the north for you. It is not fair that good people like yourself have to live in fear because of old narrow minded petty bitter arguments.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:09 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

kilgore trout wrote:
Good luck, fezza!

I'm sitting here trying to think of a kind and respectful way to tell someone I care about that their constant negativity is really bringing me down. I'm fairly sure she'll take it badly, no matter what I say, but I keep not saying anything and getting more and more fed up. I feel like I shouldn't even bring it up because of course I bisque about things too, everyone does, but this is a bit over the top. But then that's a subjective judgement, maybe I'm just weird and oversensitive. Gah. I don't know what to do.

Could you, every time she says a negative thing, follow it with "but on a positive note..." and try to add something positive. And then if it gets to a third time you could just say "but on a positive note, kittens are cute!". That'd be a jokey way of doing it, which might be kinder than saying it straight?

Or not. It depends what your friend is like, but if she can come to the realisation herself that she's being a bring-down that's going to be more effective than telling her. I think I'd be upset if someone came straight out and told me I was constantly being very negative, unless they framed it really carefully and in a "what can we do to cheer you up?" kind of way, but I'll take a hint (I hope!).

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:11 pm 
Semen Strong

Amajorrecords wrote:
Was veto around before leela? Or did he come into the house and just got used to the way she loved him? My oldest is wanting a cat. Our youngest is about to turn 1. I'm a little afraid she will be too rough with a cat even though she will just be trying to show it love. We want to rescue a cat from a shelter. I suppose they may know if a certain cat would be a good fit for our family. I always had dogs growing up so I'm clueless if we should just wait or look for a younger cat etc etc.

He was here first. I found him at 5 weeks and he has been with me ever since :) My husband started playing with him roughly when he was a kitten and I didn't encourage that, so perhaps that is why he is rougher with B than me. We got another cat that he can get his kitty-crazies out with (two males bc we are allergic to cats). Now they are both about 3 years old and Leela is 14 months. They adored her from the minute she was born - like they follow her around the house and she loves them back. The minute we wake up, Carlito, our black cat, runs up stairs to give her morning kisses. Its not all sunshine and roses though, if she gets too rough, they give her a swat and she has gotten scratched, but we just got comfortable that its part of everyone's learning of boundaries. And now they are all pretty good together. That said a friend of ours has an 18 month old who is just really hard on their cat, so maybe it depends on the kid?

My 2 cents is this: If you get a cat, I'd say don't get a kitten, get an older cat that is from a home where they had kids and that is used to children. Ask your local rescue for help with who would be a good fit for your family. When you come home, introduce the cat slowly and give him/her treats with the kids. Give the cat some "safe" places (they have a gated off kitty room just for them and lots of ledges etc that she can't reach). We also make sure L never corners either cat, monitor everyone when they are together and intervene when anyone is rough (cat or kid), and be prepared to be patient with the cat and the kids as everyone learns to be gentle...

But again, I would ask your local reputable rescue to help you. We have adopted through Pets for Life and they give us access to a behaviorist to help with any issues.

I love that Leela loves her cats. She is such a gentle kiddo in many ways, and I think she has learned a lot from them. She will take her food over to them and try and feed them off her spoon. Its adorable. I could write a book about how much l love them together <3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:10 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Toby's not really acting like himself, and I can't decide if we need a visit to the vet or not. He might be bummed that he didn't get to go to daycare. I take him to work with me almost every day. Or he might be sick? He seemed pretty tired yesterday, and today he didn't want to go on a walk (one of his favorite things).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1240, 1241, 1242, 1243, 1244, 1245, 1246 ... 1828  Next