| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meetup! NYC! Babies!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:10 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

2 is fine for us! We wouldn't want to do any later than that since we also want to avoid rush hour. I was afraid I was going to have to say that we might not make it because I was on call for a birth, but she had her baby today! Yay.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:14 pm 
Semen Strong

Yay babies! Yay dim sum!

We can always meet a bit earlier - even at the dimsum place or a playground and hang out until 2 if anyone wants to get together earlier.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:32 pm 
***LIES!!!***

It occurs to me that I still suck at back carries (in fact, I do not even know where my mei tai is), so I am wondering how we're going to struggle in on Tuesday. It's crazy how long it's been since we've used either a carrier or a stroller.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:16 pm 
Semen Strong

I can help you get Malka in a backcarry if we meet at Penn Station or I can bring an Ergo if you'd rather.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:32 pm 
Naked Under Apron

aww I want dim sum! stupid work!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:38 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yeah, work is stupid :)
Tofulish - we are now debating whether we're going to drive in or not. Will let you know.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:17 pm 

Wish you could come, Audrey! We're driving, but are a little scared of finding parking. I guess we'll just leave plenty of time. Excited to see you guys tomorrow!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:53 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Mooo, what we did sometimes was drive to Rye and take the commuter train in from there, it's free on the weekends but on weekdays I think parking is reasonable (though I'm not sure how available it is).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:20 pm 
Chip Strong

Awww..wish you could go Audrey!

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:57 am 
Semen Strong

I hurt my knee yesterday, and its still feeling a bit painful, so I think I'm going to have to back out and rest today :( Have fun with the turnip cakes!

Please take lots of pictures of Sashi's tummy, Ada, Scarlett and Malka!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 pm 

I wish I saw your post before I left, because we totally forgot to take pictures! Awww. It was so nice to meet Sashi, Ada, Ariann, and Malka! I hope you feel better soon, tofulish.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:28 pm 
***LIES!!!***

yeah, I *almost* took pictures, but then didn't! We had fun! Malka and Ada ran around chasing each other mostly nicely. Scarlett is ALL CHEEKS. Sashi and I ate bits of food (and I just had my take home order of congee for dinner). I just walked in the door half an hour ago - went from NY to visiting a friend in Hoboken and then dropped Malka off at home and ran to a class (that was so not worth running to). Phew! Dim sum was super good for my mental health, thank you guys! Mooo, I hope you had a passable visit afterward, fortified by good food!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:57 pm 
Semen Strong

YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME! I need photos of your cutie pies or else we're going to have to do another meet-up :) Maybe a weekend so our partners can help and we can drive in?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm 
Chip Strong

It was great meeting you mooo! And lovely seeing you Ariann! I already forewarned Ariann, but Ada woke up with a horribly sore throat today. I'm sure it won't be a problem for Scarlett though since she was just sitting and being super cute and not swapping saliva covered objects with the toddlers :-)

Well, we did talk about that Chelsea piers playspace. Are people still interested in that?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:33 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I'm still interested and desperately in need of activities for MLK weekend because my husband is going on a hiking trip.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:34 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Also I forgot to say Malka was SO HAPPY after our visit. She just smiled beatifically at me when I put her in the car seat and then we had a lovely other visit and she was angelic through the whole thing. Ada actually satisfied her running around social urge I think.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:05 pm 
Semen Strong

I'm up for MLK weekend and the playspace! Can anyone local scope out how bad it is on weekends? I've seen the space (a few years ago) and its a nice little indoor baby gym - I just wonder if its going to be packed with the 2-5 set running roughshod over our under 2s. Butternut how is the space near you?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:41 pm 
Chip Strong

Aww Malka. Despite being tired, Ada definitely had fun running around with her!

I don't think we'll be going over to the piers to check it out beforehand. It looks like we need to take the subway and a bus to get there. Eek. The website also says to call ahead because its not always available (people probably rent it out for parties). I know the children's museum wasn't that crowded when we went on a Sunday at 3. Keep in mind that at the museum you pay for both adults and kids.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:19 pm 
Semen Strong

So basically $11 pp? Is it good for toddlers or more geared to bigger kids? It looks pretty epic and I'd be up for a trip there. Its near Peace Foods Cafe too, so we could grab a bite if we wanted to...

It looks pretty nice. Wonder if L and Bnut can pass for under 12 months for free admission.
http://www.cmom.org/visit/hours_and_admissions

OMG THERE IS A BJORK EXHIBITION :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:59 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

It was crowded when I went on the weekend, but not more than anything else in manhattan usually is. There is a floor for the little ones, though I did see several 3-4 year olds running through there. It's basically an indoor playground.

We have a membership because it is literally down the block from us and my partner takes her all the time while I'm at work. I've only been once!

Another potential option is the Museum of Natural History. My partner especially likes to take Babynut to the hall of minerals because its carpeted and the exhibits are at foot level so she can really see everything, and it's relatively contained.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:17 pm 
Semen Strong

I would do either for MLK weekend! Let us know.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:28 am 
Chip Strong

I'm thinking maybe the children's museum is a better option if we want to be able to just let them run around a little without bigger people running all around. I'm mostly better but Ada still has a really bad cough so I'm not sure if we'll make it unless she's all clear by the end of the week.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:01 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

We don't care either way. Babynut and I are healthy (knock on wood) and free Sunday afternoon so we'd love to meet up if anyone is still interested.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:46 pm 
Chip Strong

Well we're out for Sunday. Ada may or may not having walking pneumonia. Bloodwork doesn't come back for five days. I doubt she does but at the very least she has some sort of chest thing going on so even if it clears up by the weekend we need to be safe and wait until that bloodwork comes back before bringing her around other people. Boo!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:08 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that! How scary for poor Ada and for you. I hope you're feeling better as well.

Sending you both lots and lots of healing thoughts <3

I think we're going to give the weekend a miss too - just too many germies out there at the moment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next