| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1241, 1242, 1243, 1244, 1245, 1246, 1247 ... 1872  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:57 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

as is my wont when work gets out of control and i'm spending 18+ hours in front of the computer, i've implemented my standing desk and switched my mouse to left-hand drive today. the standing desk is great (i really nailed the setup this time, much better than last) but the left hand mouse makes me feel like such an uncoordinated idiot. yet i know that right carpal tunnel will thank me, so there we are.
back to the mines!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:13 pm 
Mediocre Tart

pandacookie wrote:
I went to see Toshi Reagon in Prospect Park one time. She made some statements about being anti-war and pro-equality or some such and the audience filled with upper class and rich gave great big cheers each time she called on people to be more tolerant or more anti-war (this was back in the days of Bush and entering Afghanistan). And she then went on to talk about how she didn't think we were on this planet to make our own lives as comfortable as possible, that we should also be on this planet together to help each other out and to be kind to others and not work so much on our own comfort but to help others. And that audience barely made a sound and she called them on it and that is a moment I will always remember. And it really sums up a lot about the US and class for me. And maybe that doesn't relate to your post real well, but I think it's a nice story and I've tried to live better since I heard that.

I just wanted to quote this incase it disappeared a bit before at the tail end of a page as I think it is some excellent point about many places and things and whatnot. And well. Thankyou, panders, for writing it. it's definitely something I will remember <3

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:49 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Mom is wearing the slippers work crush gave me and it's annoying me so much I can't even articulate it her in a way that isn't completely combative. I let her wear them once, with her asking permission, but she's worn them twice since and I don't like it because they're mine, given to me by someone I like, and I'm afraid she's going to get them all gross or hurt them in some way.

And then she goes to use my blender to make milk shakes (with dairy ice cream) for my brother without asking, so I more or less grunt through my elastics, "Yes, you may use my new 75 dollar blender, thank you so much for asking."

And then yesterday I defrost a pea soup my brother brought me from some community thing he cooked for. He'd told me that it was vegan and contained some sort of mince meat but no real meat. We get it on the stove and the whole kitchen smells like ham. Of course, mom went and mixed in my potato leek soup that I had as well, so it was a total waste for me.

Fun fact: I have had potato and carrot soup for supper and sometimes lunch every day for about a week and (TMI?) my farts smell weird.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:11 pm 
Dead by dawn

fezza wrote:
I'm tired and the city is going a bit mad with riots tonight, it's been going on since before Christmas and the violence is escalating now. They found a home made bomb in a loyalist area this morning, it's bad shiitake.

Stay safe, fezza! I can't even... it's just so outside my frame of reference. I can't even imagine.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, Toby's definitely sick. He's all tired and won't even take a treat from me. And now the vet offices are all closed until Monday. There might be an emergency clinic somewhere, but I don't think it's really serious enough for that at this point. How do I really tell? He's still alert if I talk to him and stuff, just tired and not wanting to eat.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:59 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Painting (the house, not the creative kind) always makes me feel like such a badass.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:40 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

creep wrote:
Yeah, Toby's definitely sick. He's all tired and won't even take a treat from me. And now the vet offices are all closed until Monday. There might be an emergency clinic somewhere, but I don't think it's really serious enough for that at this point. How do I really tell? He's still alert if I talk to him and stuff, just tired and not wanting to eat.

Honestly, sounds kinda bad to me. The one and only time my dog didn't care about her leash to go on walk it turned out to be a really bad kidney infection. She also didn't want to eat.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:46 pm 
Dead by dawn

Mars wrote:
creep wrote:

Honestly, sounds kinda bad to me. The one and only time my dog didn't care about her leash to go on walk it turned out to be a really bad kidney infection. She also didn't want to eat.

Is he pale? You can check by looking at his tongue and gums. Not that I have any idea what might be wrong, but if he's pale on top of lethargic, I'd definitely say go the emergency clinic route.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:51 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Or purpleish, that's bad too. Though my only experience with purpleish was unrelated to the above incident but just thought I'd add that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:51 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I hope Toby is ok!

Fezza, stay safe! I'm glad things went pretty well with the Mr.'s kids, too

I really like that story, pc. It makes me feel better about my job and why I do it. Speaking of which, Friday I had court with a client who hasn't paid me a dime and is very hard to represent,honestly, but I didn't get around to withdrawing, and at our court appearance I was able to get her a positive result. She didn't say thank you (she did tell me she's mad at me, reasons unknown) but for some reason I feel really good about how even though her life is really difficult, I was able to make it a little easier and a little better than it was. Those are the moments that make me love my job.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

monkeytoes wrote:
fezza wrote:
I'm tired and the city is going a bit mad with riots tonight, it's been going on since before Christmas and the violence is escalating now. They found a home made bomb in a loyalist area this morning, it's bad shiitake.

Stay safe, fezza! I can't even... it's just so outside my frame of reference. I can't even imagine.

Fezza! Be safe! I thought I heard that the police were investigating the largest loyalist group for instigating the riots... Complete crassholes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:01 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

His tongue and gums look normal. I did see him pee and poop this morning. He still wagged his tail when I asked if he wanted to go on a walk, but when I got his leash on him and said "let's go," he just stood there like "naaaaaah."

I tend to convince myself that things are worse than they are. I don't knowwwwwwwwwwww.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:13 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My experience is all with cats, but whenever I've felt like something was a little off with my cats, they've always turned out to be pretty sick.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:38 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Vantine wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
fezza wrote:

Fezza! Be safe! I thought I heard that the police were investigating the largest loyalist group for instigating the riots... Complete crassholes.

Like I can't even this is so... well, i don't have the words for it. There were some crassholes parading a union flag about my street in *cough* solidarity or some forking shiitake until a few minutes ago. Hugs for you and wee Poppy, Ms Fezza, wee love. I hope you are stocked up on jammie dodgers and hobnobs and tea <3

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:56 pm 
Semen Strong

Sending good thoughts for Toby, creep! Its always so scary when our animal friends don't feel well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:28 pm 
WRETCHED

Vantine wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
fezza wrote:

Yes, please be safe Fezza. I'm sorry you have this going on. I can't imagine what it's like to go through such things.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:19 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Fezza! I hope you are safe and sound! Thinking about you!

Creep, I hope Toby is okay. Do a search for sliding scale emergency clinics--I know there are some like that in my area. It's best to be safe!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:08 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i am disproportionately proud of myself for taking apart my vcr to retrieve a stuck tape. now i can fall asleep on the couch halfway through willow just like i wanted.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:48 pm 
Inflexitarian

I adopted a cat today! He is hiding under my bed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:54 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Tea wrote:

What!
Pics!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:55 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

interrobang?! wrote:
Tea wrote:

What!
Pics!

+1 yummy! Kitteh pics, please!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:09 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I have packed so much and it feels like I've packed nothing. I know it's mostly because there is junk and garbage and boxes everywhere, but...it just seems like there's so much still unpacked.
Yes, granted, there are two of us with a fully furnished small home. And we have 800 books or something crazy total. And I play music, so I have a ton of that stuff. And we have a fully stocked kitchen- too many bowls, cups, mugs, plates, casserole dishes, pots, pans, dry goods, etc. (You all know).
Plus all our clothes. And DVDs. And photo frames. And furniture- oh my Jesus, the furniture. Thank God we're furnishing the entire home, basically, since the other two have next to nothing.
I just wanna be done!

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:38 am 
WELFARIST!

I'm so tired and I have to be up extra early for a long day tomorrow but my hair is too wet to sleep on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:37 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Ugh. I made the stupid mistake of asking mom to find in my room and mail me a set of beautiful glass plugs. She wants to Talk. I anticipate a recap of c. 2007 screaming matches about piercings in my future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:28 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I used Skype for the first time yesterday. Crawling into the 21st century one baby step at a time....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1241, 1242, 1243, 1244, 1245, 1246, 1247 ... 1872  Next