| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1242, 1243, 1244, 1245, 1246, 1247, 1248 ... 1766  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:29 am 
WELFARIST!

My alarm is going to go off in a half an hour and I haven't slept at all. This is going to be such a brutal day.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:50 am 
Chard Martyr

So I guess...my cat attacked me in my sleep? Anyway, it's kind of embarrassing, because it's on my face so it gravitates interest because it doesn't look normal at all. I wish it was just a zit or something. And I am apparently the deepest sleeper ever these days.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:30 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

zwingtip wrote:
Ugh. I made the stupid mistake of asking mom to find in my room and mail me a set of beautiful glass plugs. She wants to Talk. I anticipate a recap of c. 2007 screaming matches about piercings in my future.

Sympathy! I had a conversation with my mum where I mentioned a vague possibility of having vaguely fancied getting a tattoo, which led to about half an hour of "but what will you think of it when you're oooooold?" and variations. This was after I'd turned 30. I've resigned myself to never getting a visible tattoo, it just wouldn't be worth the hassle.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:51 am 
Impressive boner

dropscone wrote:
zwingtip wrote:
Ugh. I made the stupid mistake of asking mom to find in my room and mail me a set of beautiful glass plugs. She wants to Talk. I anticipate a recap of c. 2007 screaming matches about piercings in my future.

Sympathy! I had a conversation with my mum where I mentioned a vague possibility of having vaguely fancied getting a tattoo, which led to about half an hour of "but what will you think of it when you're oooooold?" and variations. This was after I'd turned 30. I've resigned myself to never getting a visible tattoo, it just wouldn't be worth the hassle.

I don't tell my parents about any of my tattoos or piercings. It's a good thing that I don't currently want any tattoos on areas that aren't commonly covered by clothing, not to say I won't in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:05 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

zwingtip wrote:

Ooh, yipes. I sympathize. My parents pretty much stopped caring about my piercings but they're still pretty grumpy about tattoos. Years ago my mom said to me, in full seriousness, "You know they hurt, right? And you still want them?" Moms are silly.
I hope you avoid a screaming match!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:10 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks for the input about Toby, everyone. He seems more like himself this morning, if not totally wild as usual. I think we're just going to keep an eye on him today and still take him into the normal vet tomorrow (Monday) morning either way.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:10 am 
Dead by dawn

kilgore trout wrote:
zwingtip wrote:

Ooh, yipes. I sympathize. My parents pretty much stopped caring about my piercings but they're still pretty grumpy about tattoos. Years ago my mom said to me, in full seriousness, "You know they hurt, right? And you still want them?" Moms are silly.
I hope you avoid a screaming match!

My mom is like the most laid-back, open-minded person ever. She likes tattoos as an art form, in theory anyway. But there's something about her babies permanently altering their bodies that gets to her. When I told her I wanted a half sleeve, her chin actually started to quiver and she told me I was ruining my body. I don't understand it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:16 am 

Yeah my mom says she's open minded about it, but she's got a problem with large or particularly visible tattoos. She thought a waitress at her sister's bar (which was not a classy establishment by any means, not that that matters) shouldn't have been allowed to wear sleeveless shirts because full sleeves on women are "unattractive."
Real talk, my mom is awesome, this isn't a mom bitch-fest, it's just a funny little blind spot she has.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:24 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Interestingly enough, I've never had to cover my tattoos for work, until I worked for an extremely conservative lady in a wealthier part of town. Because she doesn't like tattoos, she assumed that her clientele wouldn't. I was technically an independent contractor and not really subject to "dress codes" or whatever, but I guess she had the right to terminate the contract at any point too, so I made an effort to cover my chest or arms. I found out later that the man who I replaced had full sleeves and she had never asked him to cover them, so that's nice. I only worked there part-time for about a month.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:27 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I have my hands tattooed & 8 facial piercings, my parents have learnt to deal with it & I honestly can't remember the last time either of them even said anything about it.

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:36 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I've got plenty of visible tattoos. I work in a fairly conservative, suit-and-tie environment and wear shortsleeve dresses and bare legs all the time (I'm tattooed on my arms, legs and feet), no one has ever said anything negative about my tattoos. My parents don't care, and infact my mother says she's jealous of my tattoos. I have it pretty easy with that!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:00 pm 
Chard Martyr

My mum hates piercings (she calls them "body mutilation" and in true shrink fashion insists that they come from a deep-seated desire to self-harm) and though she wasn't jazzed about my tattoos, she seems to accept them more as art. She mostly doesn't care but she worries about me spending money on "pointless" things such as tattoos (hello mum! art!). I like my nose stud but other than that I have no desire for more piercings, so we are mostly good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:38 pm 
Dead by dawn

Strangely enough, my mom loves my nose stud. And she says she likes my and my sister's tattoos... except for the part where she doesn't like them. It's actually completely baffling because she's just not conservative in that way at all.

Oh, and I love that shrink theory about piercings/"body mutilation"... I pierced my nose because I have a darned cute nose and it deserved to be decorated, damn it. I'm pretty sure if I was treated by a blind therapist they wouldn't find any desire to self-harm, deep-seated or otherwise!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:11 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

My parents hate my tattoos. Well, my dad has gotten over it. I just don't tell them. it isn't their business if I'm tattooed or not, and if they want to throw a tantrum, they can do it alone.

Today is moving day! We sign the lease in an hour, so I'm being as lazy and comfy as possible until then.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:35 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

My parents are another one of those weird ones who like tattoos, think they're cool, but hate piercings. I used to have a ton of piercings and the nose stud was alright with them but the rest of them they forking hated. Now I only have my streched ear holes and they still comment every time I go up a size "you're not... Actually... Making those... bigger... Are you!?!?!?"

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My parents think my tattoos are cool but think I could be more financially responsible and not spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on them. My dad keeps talking about how he's going to get a tattoo, actually.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:40 pm 

vijita wrote:
My mum hates piercings (she calls them "body mutilation" and in true shrink fashion insists that they come from a deep-seated desire to self-harm) and though she wasn't jazzed about my tattoos, she seems to accept them more as art. She mostly doesn't care but she worries about me spending money on "pointless" things such as tattoos (hello mum! art!). I like my nose stud but other than that I have no desire for more piercings, so we are mostly good.

Oh god my mother had/has this friend who would say "SELF-MUTILATION" really loudly any time anyone said something about tattoos or piercings. She was unclear as to why poking holes in your earlobes didn't count as self-mutilation (if you're a female, of course) but poking holes through your ear cartilage was disgusting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:45 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Work have a strict dress code and we aren't allowed any visible tattoos and only ears pierced once. Hair has to be a "normal" colour as well. Saying that I used to have my hair any kind of colour and nothing was really said to me. For some reason pink or any other wild colour looks normal on me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:45 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

monkeytoes wrote:
Oh, and I love that shrink theory about piercings/"body mutilation"... I pierced my nose because I have a darned cute nose and it deserved to be decorated, damn it.

Ha! I pierced my nose after 30 years of telling myself that my nose was too big, too beaky, too funny looking. I turned 30 and said, fork this, i'm embracing this thing, put in a cute little stud and never felt bad about my nose again!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:22 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Hmm. My mom is really strange. Back in the day she used to help me dye my hair obnoxious colours, but when I started stretching my ears (only made it to 10g) she threw a fit and threatened disinheriting me. This was also her reaction to any mention of tattoos. She has since come around to the "as long as it's not anywhere I can see" approach to my eventual tattoo plans but piercings are apparently still a Thing with her? I think today's Discussion is going to go with the "over 21, my life, my body" strategy.

But she'll look at other people she doesn't know and comment on how gorgeous their tattoos are. She's a confusing lady.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:31 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My parents are just.. confused by my tattoos. They don't really get why I'd do it and it confuses (and amuses, honestly) them. We just don't talk about it unless I just got one and am really excited about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:13 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Well, hello, neighbour purchasing drugs right in front of your house. Could you be any more conspicuous?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:38 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I cannot handle how hyper this dog is at the moment. She is being a little crasshole.

Also, I'm tired and grumpy today and haven't been able to do much all because I had to stay up late because the girl across the road hates being on her own.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:29 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Well, hello, neighbour purchasing drugs right in front of your house. Could you be any more conspicuous?

I believe our neighbor does this too, except he's probably the seller, not the buyer. There are constantly cars pulling up the driveway to the back of the house and backing almost immediately back out. One time though, it was a guy on a scooter who stopped at the bottom of the driveway, and I definitely saw something exchange hands before he drove away.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:34 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

The dog has finally gone to sleep and now I'm dying to wee. I think I am just going to have to peas my pants.

Reply to topic  [ 44135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1242, 1243, 1244, 1245, 1246, 1247, 1248 ... 1766  Next