| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 144  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:02 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Any starters as workout that you guys recommend? I used to do Zumba, but I dunno how to start again.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:57 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Down two and a half pounds this week!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:38 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Jumping on this train! After a few too many months of being really lax with myself about healthy eating and being too busy with work to do super regular exercise, I have a few extra pounds that should come off. I'll keep y'all updated.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:15 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

194 this morning. I hit the pureed taters and smoothies pretty hard today because while this is exciting I want to make sure I'm having enough calories to heal.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:11 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

132.3lb yesterday morning so that is the Christmas weight gone at least.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:44 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

i gained 5 pounds the last week... what the... :( i hate you, hormones

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:34 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My scale needs new batteries, but my body is no longer bloated and stuff, so there's that. I think I've lost a wee bit of weight, now I just have to keep eating the same way I've been eating and logging and everything. Pretty happy right now! (And I'll have to get that scale some batteries)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:17 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I've gained a few back and I don't feel good. That bloat-y, too much junk and not enough veggies feeling. And it's been stress eating, which I haven't done in a while. Recently I've been one of those people that goes on a walk when they are tense (which I always envied/despised) but then I got back into old habits, tsk.

So the plan for the next week or so is to maximize veggie/water consumption, make concrete plans to exercise and try to relax (if I have time ha).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:23 am 

Uh, suddenly I crave so much shiitake and I have trouble sticking to my plans. Why? I dont get it.
I also get silly "when I was really eating disordered this was so much easier"
and then I got to remind myself that "uh uh, it wasnt easier, you were just so obsessed with it that it worked". umf

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:19 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

193.2 today. I think I can see some of the loss in my face but part of my face is still a little swollen so it's hard to tell. I realized I've been wearing sweat pants and pajamas for over a week now so I haven't tried on any clothes to see how they fit. I have pants calling my name. There were a bunch I have that I almost fit into at 200-210 so maybe!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:53 am 
Ninja Master

I weighed myself, not as bad as I thought and less than the last time I weighed in! YAY.

I have a slutty goal dress, I want to fit into by my birthday in June.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:01 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

baps wrote:
I weighed myself, not as bad as I thought and less than the last time I weighed in! YAY.

Please bring the slutty dress on the 30th birthday extravaganza trip to Spain!

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:03 am 
Huffs Nooch

Ugh. Getting frustrated at my inability to maintain. I want to get off this hamster wheel. Gained between 3 and 4 lbs since having boy trouble about a week ago. I keep telling myself probably half of it is just water retention from all the crepe I ate. I'm also telling myself that in the grand scheme of things (losing loads of weight) 4 lbs is practically nothing. I'm still bummed though...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:10 am 
Ninja Master

jojo wrote:
baps wrote:

Please bring the slutty dress on the 30th birthday extravaganza trip to Spain!

of course! My whole suitcase will be slut clothes!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:18 am 

Maybe a stupid question but... how are you guy losing weight? Just counting or eyeballing calories? Working out more? Eating low fat? No sugar? Just careful eating?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:26 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I try to make an effort to eat mostly healthy stuff, fruits, veggies, beans, whole grains, and not eat candy, cookies, etc. I find that I usually 'need' a little something sweet, so I've been trying to make lower fat versions of stuff or add protein to it. They aren't always amazing, but nice to have with tea in the afternoon when that lull hits. I've been getting recipes from Peas and Thank You and Chocolate Covered Katie blogs. There are a couple on Oh She Glows that I want to try, too, but don't seem as super easy as the other ones.

I also have been trying to exercise about 5 days a week, usually for an hour or an hour and a half. There's a class at the gym that I like that's kind of like a body pump type deal, so when I'm on my game I do that twice a week, try to run twice a week, and then fill in the rest with some free weights/machines/floor work or other classes. I like yoga, but when I'm upside down I feel like I have water going up my nose. I tried Zumba this past Sunday, and I felt like an idiot, but it was fun and kind of a nice way to round out the week.

I should add the caveat that I'm not really trying to lose big numbers anymore. I have around 5-10 lbs until I'm at my goal weight, but I'm not really too stressed about hitting that number. Eating mostly healthy stuff and limiting junky snacks, and getting regular exercise makes me feel strong, and that's what is most important for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 am 
Ninja Master

VeganinBerlin wrote:
Maybe a stupid question but... how are you guy losing weight? Just counting or eyeballing calories? Working out more? Eating low fat? No sugar? Just careful eating?

I am counting calories kind of. I put them into myfitnesspal, just to keep a diary. But I'm not stressing if I don't stick to a certain amount. I'm just trying to eat better, less processed crepe and less unhealthy snacks.

I've been doing really good the last couple of weeks and I do feel better for eating more fruit and veg and drinking more water. I just need to kick myself back to the gym, I'm not exercising enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:17 am 

Thanks for the answers!

I try not to freak out about healthy food so much (still trying to get away from that orthorexic streak...) but focusing so much on calories seems a bit silly, too. Oh well. I guess I will keep looking at calories and just not freaking out so much about it.

Chocolate Covered Katie? I think she's so awful. Not her recipes, but she is so triggering. I just feel she is almost catering to a pro-ana readership. Maybe I'm just freaking out too much when I see her blog though...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:22 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

VeganinBerlin wrote:
Thanks for the answers!

I try not to freak out about healthy food so much (still trying to get away from that orthorexic streak...) but focusing so much on calories seems a bit silly, too. Oh well. I guess I will keep looking at calories and just not freaking out so much about it.

Chocolate Covered Katie? I think she's so awful. Not her recipes, but she is so triggering. I just feel she is almost catering to a pro-ana readership. Maybe I'm just freaking out too much when I see her blog though...

What NDP & Baps said. I'm making a point to avoid most sugar & 'processed' foods. I'm eating a lot of bowls & soups-grains, protein (generally bean/lentil), veggie & sauce. I'm also tracking my general caloric consumption on Lose It (easiest for me). I'm also an emotional eater, so I try and make sure I physically relax myself a couple times a day. (via stretching, breathing, etc) I haven't looked at a scale since I started trying to lose w/the beginning of the year, but I feel like I'm doing well.

Oh and I don't look at Chocolate Covered Katie's blog but if you find it problematic, avoid it! There are plenty of whole-foods oriented vegan blogs you can find good recipes at. Fat Free Vegan is good (though I sometimes add a teaspoon of oil), Peas & Thank You, Oh She Glows, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:42 pm 

I think CCK is really shady, too. But maybe I just got affected by GOMI too much, ha (but her saying "oh no, i didnt have an eating disorder as a teen, i just pretended i had one for attention" really weirded me out to say the least): http://getoffmyinternets.net/gomi-forum ... red-katie/
I really like Fat Free Vegan. I dont like Peas & Thank You, and Oh Show Glows is, again, triggering (but not annoying).

I realized in therapy today that the last weeks weren't as good eating wise because I was so stressed, craving a lot of food and not allowing myself any of it and then eating really weird stuff and a lot of it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:51 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

VeganinBerlin wrote:

I realized in therapy today that the last weeks weren't as good eating wise because I was so stressed, craving a lot of food and not allowing myself any of it and then eating really weird stuff and a lot of it.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I spent many many weeks/months last year like that. I like that I can say that because I've been doing so well emotionally with food this year. (Some iffy days but I think I've overall been doing really well)

But yeah. Every day is a new day and all that crepe actually kind of helps me. I hope it gets better soon for you. <3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:58 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Sorry about mentioning those if they're triggering! CCK has a recipe for "smart blondies" that like because they're peanut butter blondies but have a can of chickpeas in them. And you just throw everything in the food processor and whiz it up. I want to say that she also had a decent mug brownie recipe. The peanut butter cookies were meh.

I've gotten away from reading Peas and Thank You because of the religious family stuff. I made the Double Chocolate Single Chin brownies from her cookbook the other day and they were decent. Kind of cake like, which isn't usually my brownie game, but they certainly did the trick.

I find counting calories is where I get into a weird head space. It almost makes me feel like I need to be competitive with myself for some reason, and I don't like that. I just try really hard to eat when I'm hungry, try to grab fruits and veggies first, and limit sweets/snacks with no nutritional value. Not that everything should be nutritious! I got some Cocomel caramels from Spencer's Market, and I feel like they're pretty great at quelling a sweets craving, and they don't have a super high sugar content (which is something that I do look at).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:24 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Does anyone else deal with going back and forth between really wanting to lose weight and then being totally okay with your body? I mean, I go back and forth multiple times a day, and more than anything it's just getting annoying. Like, just pick a thing and stick with it, damnit.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Nebraskalaska wrote:
Does anyone else deal with going back and forth between really wanting to lose weight and then being totally okay with your body? I mean, I go back and forth multiple times a day, and more than anything it's just getting annoying. Like, just pick a thing and stick with it, damnit.

Yes, sort of. I mostly know I want to lose weight, but I get pissed off at the establishment telling me my body's not ok and decide I don't need to lose weight. But then I decide I want to lose weight for me...

Mostly, I just know that if I lose weight I need to remember that I am a WONDERFUL human being no matter what size I am and keep that mantra to stave off bad headspaces.

Also, if I don't keep a general track of calories, I get in a weird headspace because I have a hard time keeping an overall amount that I'm eating and I freak out that I overeat or something even when I'm not. So, complete opposite of NDPittman.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:41 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

lillianp wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:

Yes, sort of. I mostly know I want to lose weight, but I get pissed off at the establishment telling me my body's not ok and decide I don't need to lose weight. But then I decide I want to lose weight for me...

Mostly, I just know that if I lose weight I need to remember that I am a WONDERFUL human being no matter what size I am and keep that mantra to stave off bad headspaces.

Also, if I don't keep a general track of calories, I get in a weird headspace because I have a hard time keeping an overall amount that I'm eating and I freak out that I overeat or something even when I'm not. So, complete opposite of NDPittman.

Yes! That's exactly what I'm talking about, and that's what goes on in my mind as well. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 3577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 144  Next