| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1244, 1245, 1246, 1247, 1248, 1249, 1250 ... 1767  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:01 am 
WRETCHED

Definitely good thoughts for Rowdy! My cat had bladder surgery a few months ago to remove a stone and her recovery was pretty easy. She did get stressed out by the vet (and the cone - which we bought a donut cone to replace) but it everything was surprisingly smooth.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:09 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Thank you, kilgoretrout and linanil! The story about your cat makes me feel a little better.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:26 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I am sick of being sick. The flu came down on me hard last Tuesday, I was passing out from fever all day and had a horrible headache and body pains. The next day I felt 50% better, and the day after that I felt 50% better than that, and went back to work on Friday. I had a tiny relapse on Saturday, but I have not. Stopped. Coughing. My throat doesn't hurt, but I keep going on these coughing jags that don't stop until my gag reflex kicks in. It gets worse when I lay down to sleep. I ended up puking up water in the bathroom at work on Friday because I couldn't stop coughing, I really hope I don't have to go through that at work again today because my desk and the bathroom are far apart, me getting to the bathroom before my esophagus went WOOSH on Friday was just dumb luck.

Also I fell asleep at 7:30 in the middle of watching Drag Race with Brian, and when it was over he put me to bed and I only got up to pee once between that and my alarm going off this morning. Ugh, stupid body.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:05 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Kitty picture!

http://bb.ohsk.net/uploads/16593_101524 ... 8800_n.jpg

I'm still trying to think of a name. Previous owners called him Misty but I'm not a fan.

My girlfriend suggested "Shadowfax". I have to admit that has a certain ring to it, but Shadowfax, Lard of all kitties might be a bit over the top. Or maybe... it isn't over the top enough!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:12 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

About to engage in Part Two of cleaning my room: The Clothes.

I'm slightly terrified.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:44 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Tea wrote:
Kitty picture!

http://bb.ohsk.net/uploads/16593_101524 ... 8800_n.jpg

I'm still trying to think of a name. Previous owners called him Misty but I'm not a fan.

My girlfriend suggested "Shadowfax". I have to admit that has a certain ring to it, but Shadowfax, Lard of all kitties might be a bit over the top. Or maybe... it isn't over the top enough!

So cute! My sister had a cat named just "Shadow" or "Shad" for short.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:15 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Good thoughts for Rowdy!

We moved everything yesterday. All we have to do is clean the old place, unpack the remainder of the new place, and go to the dump. Oh, and switch all bills over. My roommate gave me a bad look when I asked him for the half rent for our old place (last month was required at signing. So just because I've paid doesn't mean he doesn't need to pay rent, right? Am I thinking the right?)

We were going to clean today but I woke up with a really awful cold. And all I want to do is nothing. Terrible day for nothing!

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:30 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

This album is so forkin good

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:33 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I went to see my sister today for the last time before she goes abroad for two years (she is going to do voluntary work in Papua New Guinea). I am feeling very sad. It's a long way away and two years is a long time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:22 pm 
Chard Martyr

I am getting pretty bummed about about not having a job and therefore being on a super tight budget. I'm really good at budgeting and being very thrifty, but it's a lot of work and I feel bad that my husband is working, but because I don't have a job he can't afford stuff that he wants.

On the plus side though, I've been cooking a lot, and it's winter, so i'm trying a lot of new soup recipes and i've been making bread, naan and tortillas. I like having a lot of time to cook, but not having any income is a bummer.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:13 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

My friend just passed her veterinary boards. I'm super excited for her! She worked so hard to get to this point.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:05 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I was grooming a grumpy 13 year old shih tzu today who wouldn't stand up on the table for me, so I was holding him up underneath his tummy while I worked on his back legs. It seemed like he was shaking a little more than usual, so I stopped to see what was going on, and realized that he was actually thrusting. His whole little red lipstick thing was out, humping my hand that I was holding him up with. TRAUMA!!!! I had to put him away and go do something else for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:06 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

ijustdiedinside wrote:
I am getting pretty bummed about about not having a job and therefore being on a super tight budget. I'm really good at budgeting and being very thrifty, but it's a lot of work and I feel bad that my husband is working, but because I don't have a job he can't afford stuff that he wants.

On the plus side though, I've been cooking a lot, and it's winter, so i'm trying a lot of new soup recipes and i've been making bread, naan and tortillas. I like having a lot of time to cook, but not having any income is a bummer.

You are being too hard on yourself! It takes the average new grad 6 months or more to find a job in their field. This is also probably a slow hiring season.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:34 pm 
Chard Martyr

ijustdiedinside wrote:

<3 <3 <3

I know you will soon find an awesome job. For now, just enjoy the funsies of making budget-friendly food, and get those applications out. I've been there, and it can get pretty depressing, but you are amazing and highly skilled and a job will find you if you don't find it first!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:35 pm 

Rowdy update: http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25119&p=683853#p683853

I feel bad for feeling good about my first day at my new job, in light of that stuff. But I did have a really good first day.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:34 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I started roller derby in september, and it's still the best thing ever. I love challenging myself to get better every time we have practice. We practice for 2 hours straight, and I feel so tired, but so satisfied. <3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:50 pm 

Some kid outside was obviously locked out of his house and I offered him my phone to call someone and he was like 'NO!' Don't talk to strangers and all that, but sheesh!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:02 pm 
Chard Martyr

Just in case we didn't already know (which we did), m'toes is awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:06 pm 
WRETCHED

Somehow water is seeping in from my bathroom to the ceiling of our living room. It isn't happening consistently enough to be a leak and we had suspected a while ago that it was water dripping in from somewhere like the fixtures in the bathtub but can't identify it. We caulked to help seal things but it seems to be happening enough that it is starting to become a 'problem'. We were planning on redoing the bathroom but now I guess my plans are sped up a little.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:33 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

things i can think about eating without wanting to throw up:

light seeded rye bread
baked tofu
kimchi with sour supreme

weirdest malaise ever.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:36 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

allularpunk wrote:
Some kid outside was obviously locked out of his house and I offered him my phone to call someone and he was like 'NO!' Don't talk to strangers and all that, but sheesh!

You obviously look like a pervert, now we know.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:53 pm 
Dead by dawn

Meggs wrote:
Just in case we didn't already know (which we did), m'toes is awesome.

Just in case we didn't already know, I'M SO GLAD MEGGS IS BACK ON THE PPK!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:49 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

allularpunk wrote:

So, true story, but my brother (who is 3 weeks shy of 18, btw) locked himself out of the house a few months ago because my parents weren't home when it was time for him to leave for school and he wanted to make sure that the cats were inside. The door lock we have doesn't make it blatantly obvious when it's locked, in that the handle will turn from the inside, but not the outside. For that reason, we have always had a key hidden outside.

Well, he didn't have his phone or keys on him and forgot completely about the key outside, so he decided to just pull up a pool lounger and nap all day with one of the cats. With no food or water. I mean, I guess if he was desperate there's a garden hose? Haha. He refused to go knocking on the neighbors' doors to see if they were home so he could call someone. For most teenagers, I'd say he was just wanting an excuse to skip school... but I really think my brother was just too shy and scared to ask the neighbors to use their phone. For the record, my parents are fairly friendly with most of the people who live on our street, so they're not complete strangers.

My dad came home at like 2:30 that day because he had a meeting (lucky for my brother!) and just about died laughing when he found out what had happened, you know, after he made sure my brother was okay.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:55 pm 
Semen Strong

creep wrote:
I was grooming a grumpy 13 year old shih tzu today who wouldn't stand up on the table for me, so I was holding him up underneath his tummy while I worked on his back legs. It seemed like he was shaking a little more than usual, so I stopped to see what was going on, and realized that he was actually thrusting. His whole little red lipstick thing was out, humping my hand that I was holding him up with. TRAUMA!!!! I had to put him away and go do something else for a while.

Canine happy ending.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:04 pm 

fezza wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

You obviously look like a pervert, now we know.

Totes. Watch out for me.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 44151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1244, 1245, 1246, 1247, 1248, 1249, 1250 ... 1767  Next