| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436, 437 ... 631  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:10 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

"friend" I've mentioned before who always seems to push for more and not take the, well not even hint, since I've always said I'm only interested in being friend, finally made me spell it out again in no uncertain terms, and now is choosing to slink away because he is "used to rejection." I've known him for years and I've never done anything other than be upfront with him.

This is why I don't talk to people. Too much trouble. Now I'm just pissed off because I feel manipulated and I'm not forking going to feel guilty here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:27 pm 
Saggy Butt

lavawitch wrote:
...and now is choosing to slink away because he is "used to rejection."

Oh good god that kind of attitude is the absolute WORST. Let me guess, he's also "a nice guy" too, right? UGH. Hey guy, maybe people reject you because you're a passive-aggressive crasshole who doesn't respect people's boundaries!

Sorry you have to deal with that. Whatever you do, don't feel bad for him!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:43 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm actually kind of boiling mad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:11 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Found out my last day of employment is in 30 days within 30 minutes of finding out a didn't get a job i REALLY wanted :( Today sucks asparagus.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:35 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

lavawitch wrote:
"friend" I've mentioned before who always seems to push for more and not take the, well not even hint, since I've always said I'm only interested in being friend, finally made me spell it out again in no uncertain terms, and now is choosing to slink away because he is "used to rejection." I've known him for years and I've never done anything other than be upfront with him.

This is why I don't talk to people. Too much trouble. Now I'm just pissed off because I feel manipulated and I'm not forking going to feel guilty here.

There's party of me thinks he's slinking away so he doesn't get any more invested but there's also part thinks it's sucks when people do this when they realise there's not going to be doinking involved.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:44 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

The cat just pooped all over the youngest room. She is not a happy kid.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My jaw is a little achy on one side, probably because I've been yawning.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:24 pm 
Impressive boner

My ex-crush (the guy who is a bit too right wing for my liking) texted me today to tell me about the saucy dream about me. When I tried to deflect him and divert the conversation he kept steering it back. He knows I'm in a long term monogamous relationship and it feels like he's toeing the boundary, so I feel off about this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:41 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Old people care (and lack thereof) in the US makes me sad. Talked to grandma today, and it was woe on top of woe on top of woe. I wish the US were better at not forking basic health care shiitake up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:40 pm 
Mediocre Tart

8ball wrote:
My ex-crush (the guy who is a bit too right wing for my liking) texted me today to tell me about the saucy dream about me. When I tried to deflect him and divert the conversation he kept steering it back. He knows I'm in a long term monogamous relationship and it feels like he's toeing the boundary, so I feel off about this.

Urgh, what? That is so forking inappropriate. Tell him tae dae wan!

lutin wrote:
Old people care (and lack thereof) in the US makes me sad. Talked to grandma today, and it was woe on top of woe on top of woe. I wish the US were better at not forking basic health care shiitake up.

I'm so sorry about your gramma, Lutin, and especially that you live so far away much of the time. It's just no fair. Hugs for you and yours <3

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:27 pm 
Inflexitarian

Ugh I'm completely forking depressed. The topic of people eating seafood live came up in a conversation with some folks. I didn't realize that was even a thing. Omni's talk about gross stuff around me all of the time and I usually just ignore it, but for some reason that particular tidbit has basically destroyed my mood.

I'm drinking a large quantity of gin now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:09 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Really bad heartburn that came on all the sudden. I felt like an elephant was sitting on me. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:28 am 
Nailed to the V

horrible nightmare involving mean ex. I'm about to send an email begging for a ceasefire :|

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:14 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I dropped my chips on the ground.

...I guess today could have been worse.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:19 am 
Nailed to the V

caterpillar wrote:
I dropped my chips on the ground.

...I guess today could have been worse.

no way!!!!!!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:30 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Now I have to eat canned soup. (I'm moving and all my kitchen stuff is packed away)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:49 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Too many forking bills.

I earn so little, and I try to be clever with my money and all, but all the time, unexpected bills pop up out of nowhere and all my savings go down this bottomless pit. Boo. Health insurance is so expensive and hardly covers anything, so I end up paying for most of my medical costs by myself despite paying them 120 quid per month. Also, the tax office is on my asparagus, accusing me of not having done my taxes and receiving welfare despite not qualifying for it. Which is not the case. Unfortunately, their policy is to fine first and fix it later. Altogether I had to pay over 5000 euro in fines, 'backward taxes' and 'illegally received welfare' before they even start looking into what's really going on. I will probably get back most of that money, but I've got no idea how much and when.

So yeah. fork you, forking institutions. Leave me the fork alone. I have no money, so please keep your hands off the little money that I've got.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:58 am 
Impressive boner

BG's Mum's stalker (and BG's by extension) is back at it, yet again and it looks like he's harassing Mr8, yet again. I have no idea what the police think they should be doing. Does someone have to get hurt before it's dealt with?!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:10 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

8ball wrote:
BG's Mum's stalker (and BG's by extension) is back at it, yet again and it looks like he's harassing Mr8, yet again. I have no idea what the police think they should be doing. Does someone have to get hurt before it's dealt with?!
Whereas previously, it was only sort-of-covered by harassment laws, specific anti-stalking laws became statute in England and Wales last year. Stalking itself is now a crime and the law is much clearer. Nobody needs to "wait" to get hurt; that was one of the reasons for the change in legislation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:53 am 
Impressive boner

Gulliver wrote:
8ball wrote:
Whereas previously, it was only sort-of-covered by harassment laws, specific anti-stalking laws became statute in England and Wales last year. Stalking itself is now a crime and the law is much clearer. Nobody needs to "wait" to get hurt; that was one of the reasons for the change in legislation.

I followed the introduction of the new laws with interest. It's part of the reason why I wonder what will prompt authorities to intervene in an effective manner. Mum contacts the police every time something like this happens but from my perspective it doesn't appear to be having an effect.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:55 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Hey, Gulliver! I've been thinking about you. I almost sent a message, but didn't want to be creepy. Good to see you around.

My worst thing today is my brains and their lack of functioning. I'm trying to find out about median price ratio and availability of prescription medicines in Brazil, but really, I don't even know what media price ration means! Like I'm looking at smething that says the private media price ration for generic is 20.01%. I have no idea what that means! I'm not a dumb kid, I swear! I think it means that the average cost of generics is 20.01% over the international standard that they're going off of, but that's totally just a guess using my context clues.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:15 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

ndpittman wrote:
I'm trying to find out about median price ratio and availability of prescription medicines in Brazil, but really, I don't even know what media price ration means! Like I'm looking at smething that says the private media price ration for generic is 20.01%. I have no idea what that means! I'm not a dumb kid, I swear! I think it means that the average cost of generics is 20.01% over the international standard that they're going off of, but that's totally just a guess using my context clues.

well hello there!! ha, i just did an interpreting thing about this recently and my client is a rep for a diabetes company. And it's STILL frigging confusing.

price ratio can be the ratio of the generic's actual price to the international reference price, OR the ratio of the generic's price to the branded price, so you need to make sure what data you're looking at.
as for availability that is the bisque. for example, my client has two periods every year where the government refuses to import insulin into the country. not like it's important or anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:31 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

ndpittman wrote:
Hey, Gulliver! I've been thinking about you. I almost sent a message, but didn't want to be creepy. Good to see you around.
I got my knickers in a twist and behaved a bit stupidly in life both off and online and got stupidly confrontational (though I didn't realise it at the time). Life stress got on top of me, so I took a calming-down break, but things are looking up! I start a new job on Monday, and family awfulness is largely resolved. It's nice to know I was missed!

8ball wrote:
I followed the introduction of the new laws with interest. It's part of the reason why I wonder what will prompt authorities to intervene in an effective manner. Mum contacts the police every time something like this happens but from my perspective it doesn't appear to be having an effect.
Around the time when the new laws came into effect, there was a lot of topical TV stuff about stalking and how people who were stalked dealt with it and how, previously, the police were hesitant to act. The one thing that I kept hearing that got things started, for women at least, was to ask to speak to a female police officer and not take no for an answer. Maybe women take it more seriously because more women are affected by stalking than men, or maybe just asking makes the police pay more attention.

My family was stalked about eighteen years ago (god, that makes me feel old) and we ended up having full-on police surveillance on our house, including having all phone calls logged and being told not to answer the door. It was really quite horrific and I don't like thinking about it because it was all too strange. Everyone involved avoids talking about it, and when it does come up through whatever reason, is casts a dark shadow over everything. It's terrifying, really terrifying, not feeling safe like that and you have all my best wishes. I really thought twice about posting this, as my online name is also my real life first name, but there we are.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:53 pm 
Impressive boner

Thanks for sharing, Gulliver. I'm sorry that those things happened to your family and your friend. It sounds terrible and I can't imagine how you must have felt/still feel about it.

Mr8 has expressed that he feels as though he has to keep looking over his shoulder. I'll help him to find some assistance or advice with the situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

torque wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
I'm trying to find out about median price ratio and availability of prescription medicines in Brazil, but really, I don't even know what media price ration means! Like I'm looking at smething that says the private media price ration for generic is 20.01%. I have no idea what that means! I'm not a dumb kid, I swear! I think it means that the average cost of generics is 20.01% over the international standard that they're going off of, but that's totally just a guess using my context clues.

well hello there!! ha, i just did an interpreting thing about this recently and my client is a rep for a diabetes company. And it's STILL frigging confusing.

price ratio can be the ratio of the generic's actual price to the international reference price, OR the ratio of the generic's price to the branded price, so you need to make sure what data you're looking at.
as for availability that is the bisque. for example, my client has two periods every year where the government refuses to import insulin into the country. not like it's important or anything.

I heart you so hard. And I have an amazing amount of respect for your work. I am all set with researching things for a while!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436, 437 ... 631  Next