| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Body Mod Jewelry Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:19 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Is it just me that I can't deal with double flared plugs? I can't get them in, like ever.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:27 pm 

I had to remove my plugs for surgery (which was stupid, how are little plastic plugs related to jaw surgery) and when I looked for them when I got home, I couldn't find them. I'm PISSED. I mean, they were just those flexible ones, but I forking loved them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

GymClassZero wrote:
I had to remove my plugs for surgery (which was stupid, how are little plastic plugs related to jaw surgery) and when I looked for them when I got home, I couldn't find them. I'm PISSED. I mean, they were just those flexible ones, but I forking loved them.

That sucks! I managed to keep all of my piercings in when I had surgery on my mouth last year- but my plugs are wood, and the surgeon was so perplexed by the sight of a septum piercing that she didn't know what to do and just let it slide.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:27 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Paloma wrote:
Is it just me that I can't deal with double flared plugs? I can't get them in, like ever.
I think it maybe depends on how stretched your ears are/how long they've been at that size for. I mean, obviously not when they're just healing, but I found I had to wait quite a while longer before switching. I pretty much only wear double flared as by jeebus I can't be doing with o-rings- they always fall off and then my cat thinks they are toys for skipping about with and hiding.

Recently, other than the wooden ones, I've been buying screw-back plugs from these guys and they are so cute! And post out super fast. And send free stickers, and I'm a sucker for cute stickers so that's always a bonus. I still prefer my double-flares though. Mostly because they're way easier to put in in the shower than those finicky screw-in ones that I just can't get the backs off when my hands are wet.

On oiling wooden plugs... I was oiling them with vit E but I ran out. Is it ok to use, like, olive oil or somesuch? Would that be wrong?

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:35 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I only wear double flares, too. My lobes are pretty stretchy, I guess. They've been at 0 gauge for more than 10 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I wore screw-back plugs when I had baby ears, but find double flares so much easier to deal with now. I find them really easy to get in and out, but I only stretch by taping these days and I go super slow, which probably helps.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:52 pm 
Impressive boner

I have screw-backs at the moment as I've had no luck getting flared plugs in, however I've just got some gorgeous clear, blue glitter liquid filled flared plugs so I'll have to persevere.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:06 pm 
Mediocre Tart

8ball wrote:
I have screw-backs at the moment as I've had no luck getting flared plugs in, however I've just got some gorgeous clear, blue glitter liquid filled flared plugs so I'll have to persevere.
I want those glitter ones! But I'd feel like I'd have to shoogle my head around constantly to get the full worth out of them.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:36 pm 
Impressive boner

interrobang?! wrote:
8ball wrote:
I want those glitter ones! But I'd feel like I'd have to shoogle my head around constantly to get the full worth out of them.

Good for gigs?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:43 pm 
Mediocre Tart

8ball wrote:
Good for gigs?

I'm sure they will be awesome for you and your gigs!! Have at it! Me, imma have to find my pogo-ing skillz again. Perhaps down the back of the couch... 10 years ago.

Or instigate more games of Twister. "Right hand on WHAT, now?! Look at my ears, look at my ears you forkers!!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:22 pm 

interrobang?! wrote:
I think it maybe depends on how stretched your ears are/how long they've been at that size for. I mean, obviously not when they're just healing, but I found I had to wait quite a while longer before switching. I pretty much only wear double flared as by jeebus I can't be doing with o-rings- they always fall off and then my cat thinks they are toys for skipping about with and hiding.

I'm only at 8g and have been for like 2 months or something. So yeah, bla bla, patience, grasshopper etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:31 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Stretching my ears was one of the only things 16 year old me did that I'm thankful for. I don't think I would have the patience to be such a small size again.

I got some 5/8's in the mail! I'm still taping my 9/16's so not quite ready but damn yo, so excited!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:25 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Paloma wrote:
So yeah, bla bla, patience, grasshopper etc.

I didn't wear anything in mine for a couple of months so they shrunk down. I've got them back to 2g in a few weeks no probs but now I'm trying to be patient and wait a little bit BUT DAMNIT I WANT MY LITTLE LADYBUGS TO FIT RIGHT NOW :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:11 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

interrobang?! wrote:
On oiling wooden plugs... I was oiling them with vit E but I ran out. Is it ok to use, like, olive oil or somesuch? Would that be wrong?

I guess you could use whatever, but I think they recommend like tea tree oil or grapeseed or other fancy stuff. I bet coconut would be alright, since that stuff's supposed to be good for your skin.

Mars wrote:
Stretching my ears was one of the only things 16 year old me did that I'm thankful for. I don't think I would have the patience to be such a small size again.

Right? I started when I was 13-14 and did it way too fast. I was up to 3/4 by the time I was 16 and stayed there. I tried to start stretching to get to an inch, I guess like, a couple years ago? And it was terrible. I was like fork this shiitake, it hurts! I guess cool points trumped pain in middle school.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So I'm looking for large nose studs, like something 4-5mm that will cover most of one nostril. Open to different styles, but I kind of like bohemian-looking metal designs or just solid stones, not so much plain silver/gold. I like this one, for example: http://www.etsy.com/listing/75622312/bl ... olite-nose but wouldn't mind if it was a little bigger, or cheaper. Any leads?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:02 pm 

I bought my first pair of spirals. I never thought I would, and I'm still not sure if I'll like the way they'll look on me. But the wood is super pretty, tamarind. Also, my reasoning was because I really don't want to go to a piercing place to get stretched from 9/16 to 5/8 (YEAH SO LAZY). I've been trying the taping thing but it's just been a pain in the arse. I have some 5/8 gold tunnels all ready to go and I feel like I've taped a good way up but nah, still won't go in. I have also been toying with the idea of something hanging/big like spirals, I just wish they made that kind of thing in a style that didn't look so tribal. I mean even spirals look a bit tribal to me, here's hoping I'll like them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:56 am 

They arrived! What do ya think?

viewtopic.php?p=693623#p693623

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:31 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

creep wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:

I guess you could use whatever, but I think they recommend like tea tree oil or grapeseed or other fancy stuff. I bet coconut would be alright, since that stuff's supposed to be good for your skin.

I wouldn't use tea tree oil, that can dry out your wooden plugs pretty bad. Jojoba oil is amazing for oiling wooden plugs, plus it feels amazing on your skin.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:00 pm 
WELFARIST!

Does anyone have any luck with lip studs that don't fall out every two seconds? The one I'm currently wearing screws in from the back (flat side inside of my mouth) and I have to continually make sure it's screwed back in or else it unscrews and I almost swallow it and then I have to take the five minutes to mess with putting it back in (not very conducive to work). I just bought a couple of rings but I'm more of a fan of studs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:30 am 

I used to have a lip stud and I found it just needed to be screwed tight with pliers or something*. No messin around with just lazy ol' fingers.

*please don't stab yourself in the face.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:02 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

and maybe while pliering it, keep the other side from rotating by using a rubber band stretched against your fingertip?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:26 am 
WELFARIST!

I'll try the pliers and the rubber band, and also try to not stab myself in the face! The reason it takes a million years to screw my current one back in is because the back is so tiny and it falls out from between my fingers every time I go to screw it in.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:16 pm 
WELFARIST!

Everything keeps falling out of my lip! The back kept falling out so I put in a captive ring and I must not have done it correctly because the captive ring fell out hours later. Then I put the shorter stud in but apparently it's too small because I can feel a dip in my lip so I switched back to the long barbell and the back keeps falling out still. I have a segment ring that I really want to try but I can't even get it open!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:16 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Segment rings are jerks! I bought one once and fought for ages to get it open. I ended up using scissors to push it open, but it opened so forcefully that the little segment bit flew across the room and I never found it. Not even when I moved house.

I ordered a hinged ring, but it hasn't arrived yet. Excited to get it though! All the cuteness of segment rings without the inevitable losing of small parts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:47 am 
WELFARIST!

I'm thinking of getting a seamless ring. I plan on getting a few more studs, too. I wish I could open the segment though because it seems kind of perfect for me right now. I don't even know what happened with the captive!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next