| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232 ... 310  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:52 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Congrats, OWW! She is perfectly plump and adorable!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:28 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Wow, that's gorgeous, juicy baby, OWW! Congrats! I also love the look on your face - so touching to be able to see your amazement and awe.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:45 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Congratulations on your new addition! Enjoy every sweet second of that tiny newborn-ness!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:14 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

helbury..are you up next? Oooh.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:04 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Eep. I guess I am!

While I'm still trying to stay positive that Baby A might flip, he's stayed firmly breech for 1.5 months by now. I'm at nearly 32 weeks, so my OB wanted me to schedule the c section. She could tell I was very disappointed, so she made sure to point out that if Baby A decides to go vertex, we can cancel that scheduled c section. I've never had any sort of surgery in my life, and the idea of a doctor cutting baby out of me seems pretty scary. I need to peruse the baby spinning website more closely....

At least everything looks good for the babies though other than their position! At the last detailed ultrasounds, they both measured around 50th percentile, so they are growing normally. I look huge though! Oh well, I said before that I always felt a bit sad that I never got huge the first time I was pregnant, so I'm definitely making up for that now!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:23 pm 
Semen Strong

Please post pictures! You sound GORGEOUS!!!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:25 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I'm 20 weeks today. Woohoo! Not much else to update. I was supposed to have my anatomy scan yesterday but both Ada and I are sick (although I'm much better today) so it got rescheduled for next Friday. I'm able to eat much better now and once I fight off this cold hopefully I'll get back to cooking a bunch. I can feel the baby moving a bunch. A few days ago when Ada and I were napping she had her arm around my belly and the baby started kicking while she was sleeping. It was pretty cool to feel both of my babies all cuddled up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:37 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

woohoo!! half way point! congrats!

i had my anatomical scan a week late too because of my dr's sched.
i think it's crazy all the stuff they can tell. i think i was exactly 21 weeks and the baby measured like 20 weeks 5 days or something. i was like "HOW CAN YOU TELL THAT!" it's like magic or voodoo to me! crazy!

hope you start feeling better soon! being sick and pregnant just blows. some people around me have been getting sick again and im like STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:04 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm 35 weeks today, which means I'll be at full term in two weeks! Bananas.

The baby's movements are SO strong now and they all feel so different - rolling, flicking, pushing, jabbing, etc. Sometimes I get jabbed in the left hip or under the right ribs. I also feel him either pushing on my bladder or cervix, not sure which, but it feels super weird either way. I can't wait to meet this little ninja!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:38 pm 
Semen Strong

So exciting! More PPK babies!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:14 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm 20 weeks, too, Sashi! We can have a race. ;D

I had my anomaly scan yesterday. Everything is fine, except I have a low-lying placenta, so I go in for a bonus scan at 34 weeks. I know the chance of actually having placenta previa is pretty low, so I'm not worried about a c-section, although honestly, I don't think I'd feel like a failure if I had one for that reason (having haemorrhaged after R, I would be glad to have a c-section to avoid a severe one or even bleeding to death during labour). [Please note, I don't think c-sections mean moms are failures, although I would have felt like a failure if I'd've had one -- or even any intervention -- when I was in labour with B. Which sounds dumb now, but at the time, that's how I would have felt -- I have a friend who had a vacuum extraction a few weeks ago and I had to tell her she wasn't a failure at all, but she was so bummed.]

Also, we are having another boy! So I guess it just goes to show, you can have completely different pregnancies and horrible morning sickness and almost none at all and it has no bearing on the gender (just like carrying high versus low -- R was super high (like a third boob, almost!) and B was super low). I would love it if the rest of my pregnancies were this easy. I feel like I paid my preggo sickie dues with Raygold!

I am kind of worried people are going to feel sorry for me for not having a girl. I really don't care (we have a great name picked out and didn't have a girl's name picked out at all because Mr. Crabby and I can't agree on girl names) and am going to have at least one more kid anyway (I hope). The sonographer said we can be like the Beckhams and have a girl next time. ;D

So otherwise, I am feeling great -- still exercising 40 minutes a day, too, and I really feel like it is paying off. I started feeling Vax kick at about 17-18 weeks (B and R were kicking up at storm at 14 weeks, so it was quite a difference) and I started showing at about that time, too, and it's starting to get hard to bend over. I feel like I'm showing far less than my previous pregnancies, though. Also, I am still sleeping on my back. I try not to, but roll on my back in the middle of the night when I'm not thinking as clearly. (I love sleeping on my back.) Still, I don't think it's a huge issue at the moment, but it's a habit I need to get out of in the next few weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:36 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

woo-hoo! congrats on another boy TCC!
glad you are happy :-)

i know someone else who had 2 boys and had two TOTALLY different pregnancies as well. first one was sick 24-7 and the second one she said she understood how people could not know they were pregnant until they felt the first kicks because she had nothing. she only knew she was pregnant because they were trying and she had been taking the pregnancy tests.

congrats annamal! you are almost there! so exciting/scary! 5ish more weeks and you'll have a baby :-O

i have my next checkup tomorrow. im nervous that im still pretty small but i keep thinking of other people i know of who were tiny at like 8+ months. i can still pass for fat/bloated but i do have a tummy. we'll see what the dr says. this morning when i went to the chiro Babypunk was moving around like crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:54 am 
Level 7 Vegan

TCC, so exciting! I would love to have three boys; it sounds like a lot of fun to me!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:05 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Three boys, wow! I agree, a house full of boys sounds amazing. Congratulations!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:07 am 

Yes, we'll have a race TCC ;-) Congrats on another boy! That's going to be so much fun!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:19 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Not that a house full of girls wouldn't also be fun, or a house full of girls and boys! I just remember visiting my cousins, who were three boys born within 6 years, and man those dudes had the best time together.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 am 

Here's a pic of the 20 week belly!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:45 am 
Semen Strong

Congratulations TCC! How exciting!

mittenmacher wrote:
Not that a house full of girls wouldn't also be fun, or a house full of girls and boys! I just remember visiting my cousins, who were three boys born within 6 years, and man those dudes had the best time together.

Not to make anyone wrong, but just for my own information, as I will freely admit that I don't know much about boys. I haven't had brothers and my daughter is a girl. I guess I don't really see how gender would make that much of a difference in how kids behave. My sister and I ran around and climbed trees and played just the same as the boys we knew, and later we were both really into science and building things. I can't imagine Leela being any different if she was a boy - she is super into investigating things, trying to learn to communicate, climbs everything, has no fear of anything and loves her trucks. She is who she is - no different from little boys who love tutus and monster trucks.

Maybe things change when they get a little older, but I wonder how much of that is socially imposed (like Inez' ballet teacher) or artificially prolonged. I read in the Cinderella Myth that most little girls go through a princess phase at 4-5 and like sparkles and pink (in addition to still liking the rough and tumble play), but that marketing lengthens that phase from birth to 13 :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:21 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Tofulish wrote:
Congratulations TCC! How exciting!

mittenmacher wrote:

Not to make anyone wrong, but just for my own information, as I will freely admit that I don't know much about boys. I haven't had brothers and my daughter is a girl. I guess I don't really see how gender would make that much of a difference in how kids behave. My sister and I ran around and climbed trees and played just the same as the boys we knew, and later we were both really into science and building things. I can't imagine Leela being any different if she was a boy - she is super into investigating things, trying to learn to communicate, climbs everything, has no fear of anything and loves her trucks. She is who she is - no different from little boys who love tutus and monster trucks.

Maybe things change when they get a little older, but I wonder how much of that is socially imposed (like Inez' ballet teacher) or artificially prolonged. I read in the Cinderella Myth that most little girls go through a princess phase at 4-5 and like sparkles and pink (in addition to still liking the rough and tumble play), but that marketing lengthens that phase from birth to 13 :)

I think it depends on the kid. Grey has a friend Stella and she is the "girliest girl" ever and she is 16 months. Grey is also very "boy". It is really interesting to see how two kids that spend a ton of time together and have parents with similar parenting philosophies are so different at a young age. I also think boys and girls do relate to each other differently, ie an all boy vs all girl household.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:13 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Woot! Baby belly! Ada and sashi jr. together sounds magical!

TCC, congrats on boy #3! You all are going to have so much fun together. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:51 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Aww, sashi! You look so great! Very sweet.

Excited for all the new babies!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:11 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Congrats TCC! Glad to hear everything looks good... I had a partial previa at 20 weeks and it moved (and they usually do)... I too felt kind of like, rather have a c section for a legit concern than die in childbirth. Best wishes on a happy & healthy rest of pregnancy... I hope you'll be able to share your name when the time comes 'cuz I love your other two.

Boys v girls: My pregnancies with my two boys were totally different. Thus far, my boys are both totally different. And neither of them is "all boy" or whatever... Well, M is so young, who can say? E loves trucks and such but also asked for a dollhouse for his birthday and asked for more furniture for it for every ensuing holiday. I hate saying this because it makes me feel like a horrible person and a bad feminist and stuff-- but I dreaded having boys and spending the rest of my life waist deep in men. But it turns out, it's not how I expected it to be and pretty much everything I would have done with a daughter, I do with them.

(Seriously. E and I even had a discussion about my menstrual cup and why women have periods and such.)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:42 pm 
Semen Strong

C&S, thanks for your input! I really like the idea of kids just doing stuff that isn't assigned to one gender or the other. I mean, really, what makes playing with trucks "boyish"? Leela loves pulling her trucks around a,d making them go on our hardwood floors. She has one doll (thanks Appifanie!) and one bear (thanks Jenna!) and she will kiss and hug them if they are around but she doesn't show an interest in them. She really loves her ball pit and I don't know what gender that would be assigned to.

And I always wonder about the Diva cup - I take mine in and out in front of L and she looks a bit concerned by it all, but I don't really have the luxury of going to the bathroom alone very often. I'd love to know how people handle explaining it to their kids

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:03 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Haha. Malka has seen all the bathroom stuff one could possibly see.

I grew up in a big family and didn't notice any difference between girls-relating and boys-relating, except that the girls related more, but I think it's because one of my brothers is a crasshole and the other two have significant learning disabilities and/or developmental delays and so just don't do the normal relating at all (those personalities persist till today). I do think it's likely that boys and girls would relate differently, because we're all conditioned by our culture and our culture thinks girls should relate in one way and boys another, but I didn't see that happening in my own family. My sisters and I were very rough and tumble with each other and there was a lot of potentially dangerous horseplay and trying to kill each other (for fun or for fun that turned into for real). We also did all the mean girl things - especially when my sisters followed me and my friends around, we'd haze them in exchange for the opportunity to bask in our big girl awesomeness.

CC - my cousin had three boys and then a girl. Guess who's the favorite in the family? And the princessiest princess you ever met.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:19 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My comment about all boy wasn't articulated well. I'm nt trying to say that girls and boys can't play the same way or can't relate to each other the same way, I only know my own experience. I have one brother, he and I didn't get along well until recent years, but this is mostly because I am extroverted and he introverted. My best friends were in a family of four girls and a close family friend had three boys and the dynamics were definitely different. My comment about Grey is that even now he is more physical (or boyish) than many of his girl friends. Again, this is only my experience with my set of friends.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232 ... 310  Next