| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 176  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:21 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

ooh lawd no, the one (sorta) saving grace is D has always preferred her own bed, now in her own room with her door closed! I suppose it wasn't possible that I would have 2 good sleepers.

thanks for all the support - I was a complete sobbing mess last night, yelling at H for not getting up etc. but of course everything seems more ok in the daylight (well, that and I comforted myself with some Cinnamon Snail for lunch!)

Ariann, I admit it - a major reason we haven't enrolled D anywhere is I can't imagine the scheduling issues, drop-off/pick up etc. Because I work 11:30-6:30, which means if I wanted to drop her somewhere I'd be too early for work and if I didn't it would make H responsible for all of it, with S in tow. She's such a freakin' fussy baby that he has a hard time just doing their daily jaunt to the park by himself. I feel most days that H has the way harder job, but at least he gets his sleep!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Z is super crabby today. I just want to drink my coffee in relative peace. Iz is at daycare for the day, so I only have Z, but it's been more work just having him than it usually is for both. Agh.

ETA: The only things that seem to be working to pause his intermittent crying and non-stop crabby-pants attitude today are 1) listening to Gangnam Style (he loves it...probably because his brother does), 2) peekaboo with his toy, Hoho, and 3) holding my coffee mug (unleakable type mug) and using it as a teether. At least he still amuses me when he's cranky!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:12 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I never thought I had anger issues until I had a toddler. I baked a dozen muffins to bring to a friend, left the room for approximately a minute to brush my teeth, and while I was gone, Lydia had climbed up onto the kitchen countertop (which I didn't know she could do), and had methodically squished each and every muffin with her finger. They were all ruined. I nearly lost it. I just had to remind myself that she's 2, and doesn't know any better, and repeated calming mantras in my head. Being tired and cranky from being so pregnant doesn't help. Bah.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:23 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh dear. I'm so sorry. I've had those "count backward from 100" moments.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:05 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oh, helbury, I would cry too!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:13 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

helbury wrote:
I never thought I had anger issues until I had a toddler. I baked a dozen muffins to bring to a friend, left the room for approximately a minute to brush my teeth, and while I was gone, Lydia had climbed up onto the kitchen countertop (which I didn't know she could do), and had methodically squished each and every muffin with her finger. They were all ruined. I nearly lost it. I just had to remind myself that she's 2, and doesn't know any better, and repeated calming mantras in my head. Being tired and cranky from being so pregnant doesn't help. Bah.

My sympathies. Sounds like Lydia and Beetroot have a lot in common!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:51 am 
Bathes in Braggs

oh man, i would have totally lost it. i hate that i yell or scream, but sometimes it's just TOO MUCH.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:49 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Well Kai is enrolled in a new daycare and after the last incident until he starts on Mar 1st we've been bringing him to our babysitter's house every day instead of having the two kids here 3 days a week. It is so awesome! I never really (un) appreciated how much of a mess they were constantly making until now. The house is so much cleaner.

I've got one more gripe though. Just now I organized a bin of books that we had downstairs for them to use during the day. Almost all of them have pages torn out! I could understand a page or two here or there, but, all of them?!? He must have just let them rip to their hearts content. Who does that?!?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:12 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Ughh! Violet is basically only allowed board books unsupervised, and even some of those have had to be put away pending a major library tape purchase. Honestly, I'd wonder how closely he was supervising them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:07 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We all have the flu. Every single one of us at once. This is not supposed to happen like this.

(Silas is starting to feel a bit better though so yay for that!)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:13 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Oh crepe Kelly! I'm sorry :( I hope you guys feel better soon!!

Livi had a 4 day and I am SO GLAD that school is back today because she stayed up TWO HOURS late. WOO SCHOOL!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:52 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks appi.

haha @ livi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:13 am 
Nooch of Earl

*hugs* That's awful, Kelly! Feel better soon!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:32 am 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry Kelly! The flu is the worst and being sick and having to care for sick kids is just so hard. I hope that you all recover quickly. I know you have R.A., which presents an even greater challenge to a quick recovery, so lots of hugs <3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:47 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Oh that's awful Kelly! I hope you all feel better very soon!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:14 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

WORST F***ING DAY EVER.

I hate everything. My 3 year old was such a butthead today and I literally had to physically stop myself from smacking her. I kept her home because we were going to have a playdate with her most favourite friend in the whole world, but we had Lydia's ped appointment in the morning. Things were only annoying in a normal "i'm juggling two kind of fussy kids while trying to get somewhere on time" way until we got into the doctor's office and T announces she's peed. Fine. Accidents and all, even though she's been super hyped about her potty rewards and she'd just peed 30 minutes prior. Except she's still wearing her snowsuit, and while I'd packed lots of extra bottoms, I neglected to pack AN EXTRA SNOWSUIT. or an extra dress, which got soaked cause it was shoved into her suit. Anyway, got her cleaned up, took her to the bathroom, got through the appointment, dried out the snowsuit a bit, and headed 10 minutes away to our play date. Where she promptly pees AGAIN. Ok, ok, I have another set of bottoms. Change, put her on the toilet again, move on. And then a third time. By this time I'm out of bottoms and she's going to be wearing a damp snowsuit and no socks in -30 C weather. I say we need to go home. Cue meltdown. Screaming, wailing, hitting, and shrieking. And you know the tantrum is bad if you are in a coffee shop populated entirely by moms and babies of various ages and your kid is the loudest one and they can't bring themselves to meet your eyes.

I get out all our winter gear, and strap Lydia into her seat, get myself dressed, and then tackle Tzipi. Who has now pooped in her last clean pair of bottoms. AND THEN DEMANDS A CHOCOLATE.

And then, as the cherry on my pee-soaked, poop stained sundae, she refused to walk to the car, necessitating that I carry her in one arm, Lydia's car seat in the other, 2 blocks of ice-sheeted pavement while she shrieked in my ear and tried to bite me.

Obviously, she fell asleep about 5 minutes before we got home, necessitating I wake her up, strip off her filthy clothing and bathe her while she cried. She did not go back to sleep, and so is sitting here next to me, wailing because she bounced on the cat's head and he scratched her hand. I don't even care anymore.

Also, assume that Lydia is mostly crying off and on throughout this whole escapade, because she doesn't like her car seat and also cries when ever Tzipi cries, and also if you try to put her down at all, ever.

And, fork, I don't even WANT to potty train Tzipi. She's the one who was all gung ho about getting a chocolate after pooping in the potty, and decided she should get one if she doesn't pee in her pants too, and also doesn't want diapers any more, and so we were just like, OK, sure, let's do it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:19 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

and of course, because i called my child a butthead and admitted i wanted to smack her today, she will definitely definitely wake up at 3am with a fever and puking. it's like the law of small children. they wind you up all day to the point where you would like to feed them to sharks, then fall severely ill, so you can writhe in guilt over ever being so angry at them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:23 pm 
Married to the wolfman

littlebird wrote:
she cries when ever Tzipi cries

This has got to be my least favorite thing about having two kids... whenever the Emperor starts crying/shrieking about something, the Magician joins in. And sometimes vice versa. Suddenly it's twice the wailing fun times. M also started doing this thing lately where he'll be perfectly happy, unless E climbs on my lap or asks me to pick him up and then M FLIPS OUT and will be having a fit and trying to climb yowling up my leg or whatever at the same time.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your (literally) shiitake day. I hope tomorrow is better!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:25 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

littlebird wrote:
And you know the tantrum is bad if you are in a coffee shop populated entirely by moms and babies of various ages and your kid is the loudest one and they can't bring themselves to meet your eyes.

honestly, in my case i look away because i am a hair away from laughing. I remember those days, and i want to laugh because if i don't laugh i just might cry. Any mother who hasn't had a day like that is either a) full of poopsicles or b) due for it any day now.
Hang in there. One day all this will be a distant memory, everyone will poop in the appropriate receptacle, without smacking, biting or abuse, and you will be stifling your own laughter wondering how you made it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Oh my god, littlebird, you have my sympathies. What a complete cluster.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i'm still figuring out where all the pee came from. she had a wet diaper when she woke up, and peed twice on the potty before leaving the house at 9am, plus soaking her pants 3 times before 1pm. i don't think she even drank that much.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I god, lb, I am so sorry. I cannot imagine going through all that. Tomorrow will be better

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yikes, littlebird, so sorry your day sucked so bad. It can only get better, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Oh my God, LB, what a crappy day you've had. That kid better sleep through the night tonight!

Malka just cut a new tooth and apparently that makes her puke. It's a combination of swallowing/gagging on saliva, sticking her fingers all the way back in her mouth to chew on and gagging herself, and probably just the pain. She is a mess. She has thrown up on our bed a bunch of times now, spent most of the day whining, not eating, and punching herself in the mouth (horrible), despite a few doses of ibuprofen. Then she fell asleep on my lap at 6:30 (after ruining her first nap with puke) and has been out since then, so it'll be a stupid early morning tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:13 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

littlebird wrote:
. And you know the tantrum is bad if you are in a coffee shop populated entirely by moms and babies of various ages and your kid is the loudest one and they can't bring themselves to meet your eyes.

Yup, that was definitely us today... but my day was not nearly as bad as yours so sending tons of sympathy your way!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 176  Next