| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1251, 1252, 1253, 1254, 1255, 1256, 1257 ... 1847  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:28 am 
Offline
Thinks chickens are assholes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 5594
baps wrote:
There is no led zep on spotify and i'm too lazy to go upstairs and get my hard drive, so I'm listening to some cover band do an album of their songs. It's fairly horrendous.


Shame on you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:45 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3634
Location: Nashville, TN
Is it pretty much assumed that if a cereal has vitamin D listed that it's going to be 2 and not 3? This cereal I've been eating just says "Vitamin D."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:50 am 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8474
Location: Maryland/DC area
It depends, it is probably d3. Although I'm all for buying d2, I'd still eat a cereal with d3.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:51 am 
Offline
Chard Martyr
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 9630
Location: SW Desert, USA
My account was overdrawn. Bad me.
That forking fee they charge for that is a bit steep, sheesh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:04 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3634
Location: Nashville, TN
creep wrote:
Is it pretty much assumed that if a cereal has vitamin D listed that it's going to be 2 and not 3? This cereal I've been eating just says "Vitamin D."


Durr, I actually meant this the other way around. But yeah.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:25 am 
Offline
Thinks chickens are assholes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 5594
Meggs wrote:
My account was overdrawn. Bad me.
That forking fee they charge for that is a bit steep, sheesh.


I hate, hate, hate paying penalties, especially because I've forgotten to pay my cc bill (I usually pay it in full at the end of every month). I pay off debt (student) as quickly as possible because I hate paying interest.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:31 am 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:55 pm
Posts: 594
Location: Illinois
kfad wrote:
I am horrible mother. I am dreading doing a family fitness night at the middle school. I don't like the noise, the crowds. I really don't like a number of the parents (I have been treated pretty terribly by a couple of them who forgot that at 40 something we are not in high school anymore). So I take my kindle and hide in a corner.



I feel you. I feel like a horrible mother every time I have to go to my son's Cub Scout meetings. I despise it. My husband is so much better at b.s.-ing and schmoozing with these people. They're all cliquey and fake and I feel like an outcast when I am there, so I spend the time either sitting by myself (with the kindle!!) or I'll help the kids but avoid the parents. And don't even get me started on how guilty I feel about never chaperoning the field trips!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am 
Offline
Inflexitarian
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:17 am
Posts: 742
Location: Toronto
allularpunk wrote:
Get this for your kitty! My mom got me one, and just the like kitty on the front of the box, mine seem totally stoned and have stopped stress peeing. It's a miracle.


I'll look into it!

He has peed a few more times in non-litter places. Thankfully I have no carpets, so I cleaned every puddle so far with some sort of citrusy cleaner one of my housemates has. I've heard cats don't like citrusy smells, so maybe that'll prevent repeats; at least in the same areas. I also moved his food to a totally different room; beforehand, it was maybe a bit too close to litter.

The only place where he has repeat peed was on the scratching board I got him. Everywhere else was seemingly random. I hid that outside (where he isn't allowed).

I'm also going to ask the previous owner when he last got a checkup and for the number for his previous vet..

I'm not sure how to tell if a kitty is stressed or not. He was definitely nervous before but now he seems to be getting really comfortable and playing/sleeping everywhere, which is awesome but seems (to my uneducated eyes) to make the stress explanation less likely and the potential health issue explanation more likely.

Quote:
ETA: My internet is so slow right now that your photo loaded like old school porn pics, one millimeter at a time. For a second, I was like, 'is this worth it?' and then I saw kitty belly fur and said, 'yes, it is.'


:3 he is so cute and fluffy. I'll resize future pictures.

Quote:
Thanks to me, my entire building smells like curry. You're welcome, building.


I wish I lived in your building! (for the smell ... and the free curry I'm sure you give all of your neighbours)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:44 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10593
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
creep wrote:
Is it pretty much assumed that if a cereal has vitamin D listed that it's going to be 2 and not 3? This cereal I've been eating just says "Vitamin D."


yeah, i think it's pretty much always D3, but maybe not all the time, so if it's something you want to buy all the time, maybe email the company.

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:26 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10166
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
My cat is racing back and forth in our apartment. She is SO fast for a crazy kitty who isn't the most svelte. It's really cute, she looks to be having so much fun. Race to the food bowl, eat a bite of food, race to the scratching post, scratch scratch scratch, race to me, purrs and cuddles, race to the litter box, poop, race to the window, see if her friend is out there, back to the scratching post, repeat.

Sometimes I feel bad that we don't let her outside (except for rare supervised occasions), but I think she really entertains herself, and she totally gives herself exercise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:43 am 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 6077
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
Ohhhh god my body is rejecting my uterus right now. I wonder how hot yoga tonight will play out if I'm still feeling like that. Maybe it will help?

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:01 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Western Mass
I think I have the nicest adviser ever. I'm just now emailing her my final- this doesn't even include my final project, which is causing me some panic because I'm not sure how to guess what individual food items cost- and she sends me an email asking whether I'd be interested in becoming a student ambassador.

I'm also thinking about quitting my job while I'm out, but that seems like a terrible thing to do so I probably won't. I'm really afraid of messing up another semester because of stress though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:14 pm 
Offline
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3178
Location: San Francisco
I have never known just how much a single word could inspire blinding, reason-shattering, brain-melting rage.

Then a bunch of my friends decided to go on the "keto" diet and won't stop forking talking/social-media-ing about it.

_________________
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist
Keep loving, keep fighting

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:18 pm 
Offline
Impressive boner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 4031
Location: Nottingham.
DarthCupcake wrote:
I have never known just how much a single word could inspire blinding, reason-shattering, brain-melting rage.

Then a bunch of my friends decided to go on the "keto" diet and won't stop forking talking/social-media-ing about it.


Ketosis will melt fat off people whilst they develop forking acetone in their breath! What is healthy about that?!


I made cupcakes in an attempt to appease the snow god. It hasn't stopped snowing yet so logic dictates that I must make more cupcakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:29 pm 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3122
Location: BKLN
i'm trying to figure out why anyone would ever use a program like mathtype to embed simple numerals in a word document instead of just typing them with the keyboard. it seems like such an unnecessary pain in the arse. why would you do that to yourself? more important, why would you do that to me? now i have to replace 16 pages' worth of misaligned numbers and free-standing variables with the plain text you should have used in the first place. [adds four cellular biologists to her list]

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:43 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
DarthCupcake wrote:
I have never known just how much a single word could inspire blinding, reason-shattering, brain-melting rage.

Then a bunch of my friends decided to go on the "keto" diet and won't stop forking talking/social-media-ing about it.

Ugh, one of my friends was extolling the virtues of the keto diet over the summer. It made me feel stabby. Especially when he said that really, only athletes need carbs.
Um.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:41 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18878
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Its like the stupid HCG diet. Because the one thing pregnant women are known for is the way they lose dramatic amounts of weight. And of course miraculously, the hormone only works if you eat 500 cals a day. BLARGHHHHHHH

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:54 pm 
Offline
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:54 am
Posts: 2097
Location: Munich, finally!
I am baking the famous Chocolate Raspberry Blackout cake, and the batter was super liquid, so much that it's leaking from underneath the springform as it bakes. I have VWAV in the stupid UK/European version, with all the measurements translated, and I don't really know if I should trust them.
But I just inserted a toothpick and it came out ok, so maybe there is hope.

_________________
I dunno, I guess I just get enthused over eating big ol' squishy balls. - Interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:05 pm 
Offline
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3178
Location: San Francisco
My friends are all "My lunch is AWESOME! I have bacon covered in cheddar cheese and that is, like, IT! It's so delicious! I'm feeling so sorry for my coworkers who are eating salads because they want to lose weight. Keto, y'all!"

And I am all "you are normally intelligent women. In what universe did BACON AND CHEESE become healthier than SALAD? How have you wrapped your minds around this idea?"

It's not even about veganism. It's about not being ridiculous. C'mon, people.

_________________
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist
Keep loving, keep fighting

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:31 pm 
Offline
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:50 pm
Posts: 516
Location: Sun City
So, the anxiety about board exams begins! Lots of people at school mentioned that they started studying this week (most people are taking it in the middle or end of June), so of course now I feel like I need to study, because, well, I probably do. Groupthink can be good sometimes.

I'm just annoyed at how many options there are for board review out there and how many companies seem to be preying off of insecure med students, myself included. Like, people who score really, really well don't usually shell out mega-bucks for a structured review program, so neither should I, right? Don't drink the Kool-Aid? I've already spent loads of money on practice question banks and such, so the information is there... I think. I just need to be motivated, use my resources and stick to my plan, which is difficult for a procrastinator like me. It's just scary to have a test that you really should only take once (or it looks REALLY bad), and that if you pass it, you can't retake it just to get a better score. And this particular score is the single most important thing in determining what doors are open to me in terms of residency. Ughhhh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:52 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10593
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
ugh. i just took my rd exam boards and in my case there are very few review companies, but there is no other way to learn the stuff you need because every degree program and internship are different so there's no way you can learn everything you need to for the exam without using one of these reviews. none of them are official, either, so you just have to hope that the people who made them know what they are talking about. it's sucks to have to spend even more money on top of all the other money that you've already spent just to study for a test.

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:51 pm 
Offline
Chard Martyr
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 9630
Location: SW Desert, USA
fezza wrote:
Meggs wrote:
My account was overdrawn. Bad me.
That forking fee they charge for that is a bit steep, sheesh.
I hate, hate, hate paying penalties, especially because I've forgotten to pay my cc bill (I usually pay it in full at the end of every month). I pay off debt (student) as quickly as possible because I hate paying interest.
The shitty thing is (it was my debit card, but has recurring monthly charges that are direct debit and I'll be honest I was being a little less stringent with my funds this paycheck, going out more and such) but I had plenty of money in my savings! I need to get my butt over to the bank and have them sort that mess out so when I get monetarily reckless with one account, I can have savings swoop in and save me!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:07 pm 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4633
Anek wrote:
I am baking the famous Chocolate Raspberry Blackout cake, and the batter was super liquid, so much that it's leaking from underneath the springform as it bakes. I have VWAV in the stupid UK/European version, with all the measurements translated, and I don't really know if I should trust them.
But I just inserted a toothpick and it came out ok, so maybe there is hope.

I hope it turned out!
A while back I googled pretty much all the VWAV recipes to find the cups versions instead. I'm sorry for mocking you, cups. I use cups now. Though you're still a wee bit funny, c'mon. Cups!

_________________
"Because sure, I like David Bowie, but not that much."

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:44 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12028
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
I waste too much food, so I made a new rule that if I don't like what I cook, I just don't eat. I might need to revisit either this rule or trying new things because I've now gone without dinner (and lunch the next day) twice this week. Once for AFR miso udon noodles. So gross. I'm not sure what went wrong. It's my only real miss from AFR. Now I just made chile lime tofu from AFR (don't mean to pick on AFR, which s my favorite cookbook). My tofu fell apart when I sliced it, so I turned it into scramble and all I can taste is lime juice. (I love extra lemon or lime in things). Normally, I love this recipe, so I assume the lime juice was just too much when altering the cooking method. Not sure how to save it. I added black beans and roasted butternut for burritos, but it is really Not Good. Molly had some, did her head shaking thing that she does when food is yucky, and then vigorously scrubbed off her beak on my shoulder.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:50 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Western Mass
I'm watching a cartoon that has a monster made out of butts. Cartoons like this are the reason people like me exist. Laughin' at butts


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1251, 1252, 1253, 1254, 1255, 1256, 1257 ... 1847  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Avocatom, Exabot [Bot], fruitbat, lobsteriffic and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer