| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Very Special Customers/Clients
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:03 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

This wasn't a bad customer, but I thought it was cute. We give discounts to various groups of people, including students with a valid student card. I ended up having this conversation the other day:

Me: Do you have a discount card from the store, or maybe a student card?
Customer: I'm sorry. I don't understand.
Me: Are you a student?
Customer: No. I am French.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:20 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

creep wrote:
raspberrycomplaint wrote:
A couple of weeks later, she called back after hours and left a message. She said, "I went to your shelter to adopt a cat, but you people made it too difficult. It shouldn't be too difficult. I went somewhere else and they gave me a cat. So I just wanted you to know that now I have a nice big bushy kitten!"

Lady adopted a cat just so she could say that, probably.

She was elderly, so I don't think she was even aware of the slang meaning. When she originally contacted us, she said, "I'm looking for a nice kitten, and I hope you can find one for me."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:22 am 
Grandfathered In

Oh, that definition's been around for well over 100 years.

She knew what she was saying.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:34 am 
WELFARIST!

"I'm looking for a book."
"Okay, what book are you looking for?"
"I don't remember the name of it."
*after 5 minutes of complaining that we don't have the book she's looking for, the same book she doesn't know the title or author of*
"That book would be right here if we had any but it looks like we're out. Let me check and see if we have any in the back."
"This is ridiculous! You're supposed to sell this book in this store!"
"I apologize, we are completely out of the book."
"You are supposed to sell this book here! I guess I'll just have to go to your competitor then! HA!"
"Oh, wait a minute! I just magically found a whole stack of that exact book hiding behind my ear! This is just your day!"
Oh wait, no. If we are out of something then we are out of it. I'm not hiding it on you to peas you off so threatening to go to our competitor isn't going to make any product magically appear.

It ended with her going on a dialogue about heaven and religious experiences.

"Do I have to pay for this back here?"
"Yes, I'm sorry. It's store policy. I can't ring your other purchases up back here. Just this."
"OH FORGET IT THEN! GOD! I'm not going to pay for that back here and then pay for these up front! Then I would have TWO swipes on my credit card! I guess I'll just have to go to your competitor and buy it there! GOD!"
Go for it! Not only will you waste more time and money driving there but you will still have two swipes on your credit card. You sure showed me. This experience will definitely make me change my evil, evil ways.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:03 am 
Chard Martyr

Yesterday this guy came in asking for x product, which we have never carried. It's something our one competitor on the island carries, and has for the 10 some years they've been open. He was not ready to take my polite assertion, and demanded that he could talk to someone who knew stuff about our product because he'd come "all the way from Vancouver" to buy said made-up product. He also told me I was wrong about various things I told him about our business, including the very real FACT that we've only been open for six years. I was nothing but polite to him, but he stormed out and flagged down another employee who was driving a tractor on the farm to demand to talk to him. He told him everything I did and the man was totally nice and gracious to my male employee after he was a total dick to me. Then he came back inside and bought a large amount of product that the tractor driver recommended (and which I previously politely recommended), and treated me like he was doing me personally the biggest favour that I surely did not deserve. No sir, I do not want your business. His wife kept following him around, wincing at everything he said.

I don't normally let customers get to me but this guy was really slimy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:11 am 
Huffs Nooch

vijita wrote:
Yesterday this guy came in asking for x product, which we have never carried. It's something our one competitor on the island carries, and has for the 10 some years they've been open. He was not ready to take my polite assertion, and demanded that he could talk to someone who knew stuff about our product because he'd come "all the way from Vancouver" to buy said made-up product. He also told me I was wrong about various things I told him about our business, including the very real FACT that we've only been open for six years. I was nothing but polite to him, but he stormed out and flagged down another employee who was driving a tractor on the farm to demand to talk to him. He told him everything I did and the man was totally nice and gracious to my male employee after he was a total dick to me. Then he came back inside and bought a large amount of product that the tractor driver recommended (and which I previously politely recommended), and treated me like he was doing me personally the biggest favour that I surely did not deserve. No sir, I do not want your business. His wife kept following him around, wincing at everything he said.

I don't normally let customers get to me but this guy was really slimy.

I always feel bad for these people's significant others. If he's that much of a jerk to a polite stranger... You sound like you handled the situation with a cool head, though!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:07 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I always love when difficult customers say they'll take their business elsewhere. I always think to myself, "For the love of God, muthafuckin' please DO take your business elsewhere, asswad." Like never seeing them again in my life is some sort of penalty, meanwhile, it's the best thing EVAR.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:10 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Dear Lard, vijita, that guy sound awful!

seitanicverses wrote:
I always love when difficult customers say they'll take their business elsewhere. I always think to myself, "For the love of God, muthafuckin' please DO take your business elsewhere, asswad." Like never seeing them again in my life is some sort of penalty, meanwhile, it's the best thing EVAR.

We recently lost a regular customer who was a total pain in the asparagus. He would put piles and piles of expensive books on reserve for months at a time, even though our policy is to hold books for one week, with the occasional extension to two. I'm not sure why we got into the habit of making an exception for him but it just fed into his entitled-jerk persona. So last week, the manager asked if he'd be able to buy all of the books (some of which had been there since last March) by the end of January and the guy just blew up, yelling and screaming that we'd lost him as a customer and how he was never coming back. Pretty much everyone's response upon hearing about the situation was "OH, THANK GOD!!!"

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:06 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I remember when I used to work for this allergist and she had this dick patient who needed to be tested for an allergy to bees. So the doctor schedules bee venom testing once a month, it's very precise, she has to use fresh venom, yadda yadda and I'd try and schedule this crasshole for an appointment and he could never make it because he was always "playing golf" the same afternoon the doc had her "bee clinic" and then he'd lay it on our office saying that if he got stung by a bee, he might die, etc., and it would be our fault because we didn't accommodate HIS schedule and after a couple of months of trying to schedule an appointment for "bee day" with him and him not budging from his golf day and bisqueing on and on at me because I couldn't swing the doctor's whole schedule for him, I finally just hung up on him mid-harangue and he called me right back and said "don't hang up!" because the game was ON baby and he hit my last nerve and I said "all I want to hear from you is that you are scheduling your appointment. If you have anything else to say to me, I'm hanging up because I'm done listening to you," and he was perfectly agreeable from then on. He never came in for his bee testing though. I guess golf is more important than death.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:16 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

We had a lady call today because she discharged the day before yesterday (she left against medical advice) and someone had sent her some mail that she was waiting on. I told her that our policy with mail for discharged patients is to return everything to sender, we are unable to hold anything for anyone who isn't here. She freaked the fork out and wanted to file a formal complaint and sue us and report us to DHH. Because. we. sent. her. mail. back.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:40 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Let your dog get covered in fleas. Complain about $5 charge for flea shampoo. It's more expensive and I have to stand at the tub with your dog for 10 minutes that I could be doing something else. Shut up plzkthx.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:44 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I just had the following exchange with a library patron:

Me: You need to come back and talk to regular staff for that.
Patron: So I can come back tomorrow?
Me: No, tomorrow is an institute holiday so regular staff will not be here. They'll be here again on Tuesday.
Patron: Tomorrow is Monday, not a weekend why can't I come tomorrow?
Me: Yes, but it is on a weekend schedule because it's an institute holiday. The university is not in session.
Patron: So can I come in tomorrow?

Repeat a couple times. Sometimes I wonder why I put up with working in the library. And then I remember they pay me to sit around doing homework.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:26 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I love that I get to be rude to annoying customers at the pub I work at some weekends. It's awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:09 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm guarding the gallery our Open exhibition is in and for some reason they've put loads of ceramics and unglazed canvasses at the perfect height to be knocked by backpacks or fondled by children.

I had to tell a middle aged woman not to touch the artwork, and she just moved away without really acknowledging me, and then I had to tell her again with a different piece! People are so entitled. And this is stuff that other members of the public have spent hours making and it's got to be on display for another couple of months. I really hope I'm not on the same gallery tomorrow!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:39 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I waited on this table last night that I actually really love, but I thought that what this man said to me was just so...irritating. I hate it when people just assume I can't do my job, which is basically to remember the things that you ordered, and then bring them to you. Anyway, he had ordered a draft beer and a soda, and everyone else had ordered sodas or bottled beers. The bottled beers go up on the bar right beside our soda station, and then the bartender pours the drafts afterward and puts them at the other end of the bar. It's dumb, but it's our system.

So I was passing out all of the sodas and bottled beers while she poured this guy's draft. They are sitting at the table right by the end of the bar, so he could see the bartender pouring his beer, if he felt like looking up. But when I set down his soda, he said, 'I wanted that beer, too.' Sigh. I know, guy. It's not ready yet, but it will be in .2 seconds if you could just please be patient. Then later his soda was low and I was asking him if he wanted a refill, but he was so deep into watching this basketball game on tv that he wasn't listening and his drink wasn't within my reach, so I couldn't just grab it. I asked him twice if he wanted a refill, and he ignored me. The next time I was at his table, he was like, 'Oh, when you get a minute, I need a refill.' This is a table I'm familiar with, so I pulled one of my classic 'sassy waitress don't give a damn'-isms and said to him, 'Sure! I have a minute right now! To be fair, I asked you earlier if you wanted a refill, and you completely ignored me. Just so you don't think I'm a terrible waitress, haha!' (I wouldn't have said this if I wasn't familiar with the table, this kind of shiitake happens all the time and I would never say that to strangers that I didn't think would get my horrible sense of humor.) And to my utter delight, he said, 'I know, I heard. They all told me how rude I was to you. I agree, you're not a bad server!' It kind of made my night, that plus the fact that he tipped me $16 on his $50 check. THANK YOU, guy, seriously, I have bills that need paying.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:19 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Bringing this thread back because people today made me want to break things.

Caller: "Hi, I have an 18 year old cat and she's been peeing outside the box for 2 years and I can't stand the smell anymore. So can you come get her?"
motherforking 18 YEARS OLD. When told that an 18 year old cat who pees everywhere has almost no chance of getting adopted, but that there are things she could do to try and resolve the peeing issues so that she could keep her cat, she decided that she didn't want to listen and hung up.

Another person came in because their cat went missing 6 days ago, so they wanted to get a new one. Didn't file a lost report or anything, just wanted a replacement.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:00 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

RC, that makes me so sad :(

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:48 pm 
WELFARIST!

Yeah, I laugh at a lot of these stories but the animal ones make me so depressed. I wish I could take in these kitties and care for them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:08 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was about to complain about this customer I had on Tuesday (a semi-regular, doesn't come as often as the dog needs it), and scrolled up and saw that she was the one I posted about last. I wrote this big long thing, but it sounded really petty and complainy. I'm just going to say she kind of sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:29 am 
Saggy Butt

I've had two women come in who recently have been advised to stay away from certain foods and want advice on what they can eat. ok. cool. the problem is that neither of them want to read the ingredients on anything and just want me to hand them things. uhhh no effin way. i'm happy to help, but if i miss something it needs to be on you dude. Like, the one lady can no longer eat gluten/wheat, corn, rice, dairy, eggs, soy, yeast, and certain fruits and vegetables, but refuses to flip a package over. Also, she is super mad at ME because we don't have any bread that fits this criteria, and she also wants to eat eggs for breakfast. but can't (not even tofu scramble bc no soy!) she just about cut my head off after she tried to make sunny side up eggs out of enerG egg replacer, AGAINST MY ADVICE, and it didn't work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:39 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

OMG...imagining sunny side up pools of leaveners/starches and water...yuck. Sounds like she wants a personal shopper. And that she is angry at her new restrictions and took it out on you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:48 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

So for the second time this year, we've had a young college-aged person express great interest in an internship at our office. Or at least, that's what their dads have said when calling to set up the internship for them.

Nothing says "I'm dying for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work at your office/with a living legend" like having your parent do it for you.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:29 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I posted this on Facebook, too, but it was just so...ugh.

So I spent twenty minutes talking to this guy (maybe late teens?) about this boutique guitar line and another amp line. When he was done playing, we were talking a little more, and then...

"I'm impressed. Most girls don't know anything about the guitar world." in a very obviously flirtatious tone.
My response was to give him a nasty look and say, "Funny. Most guys I talk to don't, either."

He high tailed it out of there.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:45 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

vijita wrote:
Yesterday this guy came in asking for x product, which we have never carried. It's something our one competitor on the island carries, and has for the 10 some years they've been open. He was not ready to take my polite assertion, and demanded that he could talk to someone who knew stuff about our product because he'd come "all the way from Vancouver" to buy said made-up product. He also told me I was wrong about various things I told him about our business, including the very real FACT that we've only been open for six years.

We get this ALL the time. Patrons who KNOW that they know more about where we work than we do. "You're closing? It's 6PM! You're always open until 9PM on Friday!" "Nope, it's always been 6.""NO, IT HASN'T! I was here at 9 last week.""Awesome, breaking and entering. Hold on, gotta make a phone call. Don't go anywhere." No, I don't say that last line. We get this with EVERYTHING. "What? You charge 20 cents for that? Since when? You charge 5 cents."

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:54 am 
Naked Under Apron

I had a client who blamed me for a burn mark on her floor that was there when I went over the animal's routine. Also, what the hell did she think I was doing that would burn the floor? Anyway, she refused to pay me the agreed upon amount. Luckily she was a foster for the rescue and they paid me the difference.

Reply to topic  [ 1113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 45  Next