| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1253, 1254, 1255, 1256, 1257, 1258, 1259 ... 1876  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:08 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

YOU SAID POOP, THERE GOES THE LAST SHRED OF MY MATURITY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

Put a large spoonful of marmite on the toast and cover with peanut butter. 1/4 cup of each, at least. Big ol' piece of toast. None of this minimal thang. Go Marmite big or go home.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:15 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

You forgot the pickles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:20 am 
Semen Strong

pandacookie wrote:
Go Marmite big or go home.

The advantage is it gets used up faster that way and you never ever have to do it again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:23 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I hate when people phrase things in a way you can't say no to without seeming like a jerk. A family friend texted me just now to ask if I am home this weekend and can watch her kids tomorrow. If that'd been all she said, I would have told her no, because the past two weeks haven't been the best and I'm a bit behind (read: a lot, FML) and really need this weekend to catch up and study for a midterm next week. But she added that she has a funeral to go to tomorrow and her husband will be home, but wants to work on some projects, so he can't watch the kids. Ugh, I really need tomorrow for homework, and I know that there is no way I'll have the energy to work on it if I'm watching her kids all day, but I feel like an asparagus for saying no. Gah. fork it, I need to stop putting everyone else before myself, I'm just going to tell her sorry, but I can't.

(And now I feel like a jerk.)

Last edited by Simply_Love on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:25 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

And sorry guys for disrupting the marmite discussion, it's quite entertaining haha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:54 am 
WELFARIST!

I am pro-Marmite and pro-getting your work done. I am con-guilt tripping.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:33 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Our new mattress arrived and is waiting to be unfurled. It's amazing that this small vacuum packed Swiss-roll is going to floof up into a double bed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:01 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Tofulish wrote:
Marmite is basically like crushing a veggie bouillon cube on your toast and adding a bit of soysauce to help it spread ::gags::

yes. this was my experience, which I do not need to repeat.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:16 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

pandacookie wrote:
Put a large spoonful of marmite on the toast and cover with peanut butter. 1/4 cup of each, at least. Big ol' piece of toast. None of this minimal thang. Go Marmite big or go home.

Yes! Marmite and peanut butter is the best ever.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Simply_Love wrote:
I hate when people phrase things in a way you can't say no to without seeming like a jerk. A family friend texted me just now to ask if I am home this weekend and can watch her kids tomorrow. If that'd been all she said, I would have told her no, because the past two weeks haven't been the best and I'm a bit behind (read: a lot, FML) and really need this weekend to catch up and study for a midterm next week. But she added that she has a funeral to go to tomorrow and her husband will be home, but wants to work on some projects, so he can't watch the kids. Ugh, I really need tomorrow for homework, and I know that there is no way I'll have the energy to work on it if I'm watching her kids all day, but I feel like an asparagus for saying no. Gah. fork it, I need to stop putting everyone else before myself, I'm just going to tell her sorry, but I can't.

You're not a jerk. Why should you prioritize watching her kids over the work you need to do when her husband (presumably the father/stepfather of the kids) won't?

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:48 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

pandacookie wrote:

Sigged!

My Marmite position is that the British stuff tastes burned, but the NZ stuff is the yeast spread nectar of the gods.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:53 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Also: I'm really sad that the Kitten Mittens Manchester thread is a kitchen-selling spam rather than actual kittens in mittens. In Manchester.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:08 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lepelaar wrote:
Simply_Love wrote:

You're not a jerk. Why should you prioritize watching her kids over the work you need to do when her husband (presumably the father/stepfather of the kids) won't?

That was worded poorly and may have sounded more accusatory than I intended. Maybe a better way of saying this would be: Why should his wanting to work on some projects trump your need to study for midterms?

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:30 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Please ganache, set. Don"t you dare playing tricks on me and making me give a bad impression of vegan baking. Not to mention in front of my bf's parents whom I'll meet for the first time.
/stress

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:09 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My boyfriend was running around like a panicking puppy because the pressure cooker was making noises he didn't like. Aww!

Edit: he just came to apologise for not trusting me and freaking out. Double aww!

Last edited by Gulliver on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:13 am 
Impressive boner

mendelian wrote:
Also: I'm really sad that the Kitten Mittens Manchester thread is a kitchen-selling spam rather than actual kittens in mittens. In Manchester.

Me too! I was hoping it would be a kawaii combination of amazing animals, clothing and awesome vegan goodies in cafe form.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:48 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

WOW. Mom moved her new boyfriend into the house she, my sister & grandma share ...... without consulting anybody. Got a frantic call from my sister this morning saying grandma was in tears and my sister was furious twice because of it (once for making grandma cry; twice because mom hadn't had the decency to warn, let alone ask, anybody about the dude moving in). That'd be shitty anyway, but the house has been "all girls" since I was 13 years old, and "all girls plus grandpa" since I was 5. Talk about changing dynamics!

eta. I'm 27 now. 14 years is a long time for an all girl zone!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:08 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

You GUYS. We don't have to go through this again. Marmite is amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:24 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

*cough*

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:19 am 
Impressive boner

joshua wrote:
*retch*

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:26 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lepelaar wrote:
Simply_Love wrote:

This.

mendelian wrote:

And this. Now that's a bot that knows its audience.

I'm at work on a Saturday. We're having new lino fitted in the kitchen, bathrooms, and corridor that leads to the bathrooms (and connects both parts of the office). The work is meant to take 3+ hours. All of this means that it couldn't be done during regular working hours (we couldn't have the bathrooms off limits for 3 hours), so we had to schedule it for a Saturday (and, being on the team that deals with this stuff, I had to come in to let them in). They told me yesterday that they'd be here between 12 and 5, so I had to be here at noon. I'm still waiting (it's about 1.20pm now), so I don't see myself getting out of here any earlier than 5pm. Also, I was in such a hurry to get out the door and catch the bus that I left my bus pass at home and had to pay. Oh, and I don't get any of my time back or get paid OT for it. So that's why I'm not currently doing any work. I really need to find a new job.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:21 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

People always ignore me when I suggest this, but that doesn't mean it isn't really tasty: Marmite with mashed potato and finely chopped onion in a toasted sandwich. It's really really good, honestly!

Also, if it's not too late for Lavawitch's limey tofu how about adding some lentils (and extra salt)? I always think lime or lemon goes really well with lentils.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:24 am 
Semen Strong

Yes, I thought it was a bit too late to comment, but Lavawitch, it seems so unkind to punish yourself for a bad meal by forcing yourself not to eat. At least have a tofurkey or PB&J sandwich!

I will say that I have wasted ingredients trying to salvage a kitchen disaster. So now, if something tastes horrible, I don't even try unless its an easy fix. Also, I am bitter about throwing out all the So Delicious Egg Nog that tasted like butt. I was tempted to try and salvage it in cupcakes, but if I had had to taste that metallic aftertaste in my cupcakes, I just wouldn't be able to eat those

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:31 am 
WELFARIST!

strawberryrock wrote:
I've never had marmite but this thread is convincing me that I would probably like it.

Ha, same! I love the smell of veggie bouillon and I am a soy sauce fiend.

It is beautiful outside today. Not only am I still sick, but I have to work all day. I'm off tomorrow and Monday, but I have been feeling so bad about not seeing my friends (because I've been so busy) that I scheduled three hangouts over those two days. Plus I need to clean and do laundry, and I'm cooking dinner for one set of the friends tomorrow evening... And I'm just feeling a little stressed! It will all get done. It will be more fun than I am anticipating. I just want to lay on my couch for 5 hours and read and watch movies, but this will be better. Right?

Also, I've successfully gone over three days without texting my crushy soccer coach turned jerk face. I really don't understand how one goes from texting me every day and wanting to hang out and telling me that he likes me to completely acting as if he doesn't want to talk to me, practically overnight. I just kind of wish I knew what happened. I also wish I had someone to make out with, because this complete lack of physical contact is making me kind of...bummed.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1253, 1254, 1255, 1256, 1257, 1258, 1259 ... 1876  Next