| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1256, 1257, 1258, 1259, 1260, 1261, 1262 ... 1825  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:17 pm 
Dead by dawn

daisychain wrote:
SMH. I really need to start throwing things out. I've found payslips from 13 years ago.

My mom does move management, mostly for seniors who are moving out of their homes and into assisted living. She packed a man who'd saved every paystub he'd received in his entire career, so there were paystubs dating back to the early 50's, all filed neatly in boxes. He wasn't a hoarder or anything, just very... thorough. Also every tax return he'd ever filed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:20 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Ack, another weekend of doing nothing useful.

Think what I need is to invite a lot of people to a party at my house in a few weeks time and say people can sleep over, that'll motivate me to sort rooms out!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:45 pm 
Semen Strong

That sounds like so much fun! ukelele party!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:07 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

The raspberry blackout cake went well. It didn't raise as much as I expected, so I only got one layer, and covered it with the ganache from the sacher torte, which is the trickiest thing ever and you just need one minute too little or one minute too much to screw it up. I was one minute too little, so it spread, but remained sticky. It was appreciated anyway, even by the parents, and meeting them for the first time went all right actually.
And eveyone loved my guacamole and the soft polenta, so overall the party was a success!

Now I'm dead tired and have no skin on my fingers (went bouldering), but I'm having a beer and cashews while my bf is also internetting next to me, this is quite nice actually :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:10 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

This is kind of disgusting but I was eating mashed potatoes and gravy today and kept getting taters stuck under my splint. They're out now after some creative swishing but... UGH

I want some so delicious ice cream. Thinkin' real hard about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:31 pm 
WELFARIST!

I just went from being really hungry after reading Anek's post to being very not hungry after reading GCZ's post.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:16 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

It was pretty grody! The day this splint's removed there will be much rejoicing and tofu scramble.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:54 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Molly has a wee new wing feather peeping out. Going to need to do the snippy snip soon.

Why won't she just behave? Then I don't have to feel guilty for removing her ability to fly? It's not like I'm asking her to not do bird things--the tiel does bird things all over the house, often inconvenient, but we deal with it so she can do happy bird things.

Molly turns into a total crasshole when she can fly. She goes on a massive ego power trip, like Napoleon, and wants to wage war on entire continents, only without the cold Russian winters to slow her down.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:12 pm 
Chard Martyr

I made the AFR lasagna which is pretty much the only food I actually cook ever. And it's going to be delicious because it always is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:17 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Ugh, I had beers and texted ye old crush and he was a little stand off-ish so I said that he seemed like he didn't want to hang out anymore and if that's the case then I'm sorry for bothering him and of course he hasn't texted me back because who WOULD and ugh.

Except he doesn't and he's been so rude, really, so why not call him out on it?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:52 am 
WELFARIST!

I bought some Woodchuck Winter cider tonight and it's either still sitting in my friends car or I left it at the store. I really hope it's in my friends car.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:59 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

If it's not just tell the store you forgot it, they'll quite probably be nice and give you another.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:09 am 
WELFARIST!

My big problem is getting there. I'd have to walk to the store (and it's snow/freezing cold). But fear not! My friend showed up at my door with my beer in hand.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:20 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I want to learn to dance like this cat:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:08 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It's so cold at work right now. My hands are freezing. Tomorrow I'm bringing fingerless gloves.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:58 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just realized it's going to look really weird that I logged my weekly quiz for my psych class at 4am.
stupid electronic stuff, making my terrible sleep habits really obvious.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:10 am 
Nailed to the V

fisticuffs wrote:
It's so cold at work right now. My hands are freezing. Tomorrow I'm bringing fingerless gloves.

yeah, I couldnt work without mine!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:34 am 
Ninja Master

I am freezing and it's really starting to peas me off.

I want to go shout at my boss "HEATING! IT'S CALLED HEATING, forking TURN IT UP!" But I will go make a cup of tea instead.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 am 
Dead by dawn

monkeytoes wrote:
My crazyawesomebrave friend R flew to Chile yesterday to attempt to become the latest on a very short list of people (13th, I think?) to swim the Strait of Magellan under English Channel rules (skin... as in no wetsuit, just non-thermal textile swim shorts and a non-neoprene cap.) He's trained for two years for this swim. He should be aboard a Chilean Navy vessel by now. Jump window opens on Friday and lasts for seven days; he'll start his swim when the support crew deems the conditions as close to optimal as they're likely to get. I am simultaneously in awe, super excited for him, and scared as hell. And cold just thinking about it!

I know no one really cares, but he made it! 37F water, 16 knot currents, 103 minutes crossing, Lard only knows how many calories burned keeping warm...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:35 am 
Semen Strong

WOW!!!! So amazing!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:36 am 
Chard Martyr

baps wrote:

I want to go shout at my boss "HEATING! IT'S CALLED HEATING, forking TURN IT UP!" But I will go make a cup of tea instead.

Being cold is the worst! And English houses are always so forking cold. That's why you lot drink so much tea, right?! (Vaguely joking, my dad is English and I seem to have caught the always-cold genes from him).

I am not usually a whiner about body discomforts but when I'm cold, I am so cranky. I would rather sleep on the carpet next to the radiator than freeze in my boyfriend's preferred window-open-in-the-winter madness. It's ironic, because he grew up in Southern California, and I grew up on the freezing prairies of Canada.

I hope you can warm up!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:46 am 
Dead by dawn

vijita wrote:
baps wrote:

Being cold is the worst! And English houses are always so forking cold. That's why you lot drink so much tea, right?! (Vaguely joking, my dad is English and I seem to have caught the always-cold genes from him).

I am not usually a whiner about body discomforts but when I'm cold, I am so cranky. I would rather sleep on the carpet next to the radiator than freeze in my boyfriend's preferred window-open-in-the-winter madness. It's ironic, because he grew up in Southern California, and I grew up on the freezing prairies of Canada.

I hope you can warm up!

Haha, I hate being cold inside but my house gets so warm that I actually do have the bedroom window cracked a bit even in winter.

My work is the worst. I shouldn't need three sweaters and fingerless gloves. I work for a multi-billion dollar corporation; they should be able to afford climate control!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:56 am 
Inflexitarian

monkeytoes, that kicks asparagus.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:01 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

monkeytoes wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
My crazyawesomebrave friend R flew to Chile yesterday to attempt to become the latest on a very short list of people (13th, I think?) to swim the Strait of Magellan under English Channel rules (skin... as in no wetsuit, just non-thermal textile swim shorts and a non-neoprene cap.) He's trained for two years for this swim. He should be aboard a Chilean Navy vessel by now. Jump window opens on Friday and lasts for seven days; he'll start his swim when the support crew deems the conditions as close to optimal as they're likely to get. I am simultaneously in awe, super excited for him, and scared as hell. And cold just thinking about it!

I know no one really cares, but he made it! 37F water, 16 knot currents, 103 minutes crossing, Lard only knows how many calories burned keeping warm...

hell yeah.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:03 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

pandacookie wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:

hell yeah.

That is crazy awesome!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1256, 1257, 1258, 1259, 1260, 1261, 1262 ... 1825  Next