| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:29 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I thought that Joshua's dress (minus the broach that seemed to be leftover from the christmas challenge) actually did a good job of fitting his challenge for a day-appropriate dress that referenced the 20's but wasn't too literal... It's too bad that it looked plain with what everyone else did.

I'm not really a Laura Kathleen fan, but Ivy should have gone home. I was excited for her idea but was saddened by the execution, just like every week. She talks a good game I guess!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:53 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

well that is a good point, it did look pretty plain compared to what everyone else did. i absolutely did not like the pin/broach he affixed to it.

exactly, ivy does not execute well. i don't think i've liked anything she makes. LK should have stayed, ivy should have went home.

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

emilio and anthony ryan's dresses were sooooo awful this past week. however, i'm glad the judges kept them both and there are part of the final runway show.

i admit, i am very suprised joshua has made it this far.

i wonder if there will be a twist and they will end up just showing 3 designers instead of 4 for the final runway. will be looking forward to seeing the final episode!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

well as many others mentioned before due to editing, anthony ryan won.

i really liked emilio's collection too.
as for uli.... i do like her personality and style, but the more i think about her embellised garments, i think how on earth do you wash/clean them?!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:29 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

There are special dry cleaners for that. You don't take any high end clothes to regular places. Also, if you are spending $5k on a dress, cleaning it probably isn't top of your list of concerns.

Uli should have won. Anthony Ryan's was ok, but it looked derivative to me. I could see a lot of Narcisco Rodrigeuz in most of his clothes. Emilio's ugly fabric trench coat was pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:34 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

This was another PR series where I just did not understand the judges' decision. Anthony Ryan's dresses looked to me like dresses I have seen everywhere. Uli has produced amazing designs week after week, and Emilio had some really interesting work this week. I have to wonder if concerns come in like they don't want to pick two All Stars of color in a row because of what people would say....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:46 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I really thought that Uli was going to win based on the collections and the feedback that the audience saw, but I am glad Annthony Ryan won. I think that the decisions on AllStars are more based on giving the fans what they want. Like last year, with Mondo - he was so robbed in his season that it did seem a little bit like he was handed the win...

Can we talk about how Joshua refused to help Anthony Ryan out? I sort of get it, but it was a little unexpected.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:52 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Nicole wrote:
Can we talk about how Joshua refused to help Anthony Ryan out? I sort of get it, but it was a little unexpected.

Yes, that was pretty strange. I gather that they were invited back for a "vacation," but not necessarily told they were going to be possible helpers? But yeah..that sure seemed like a bad decision to not help out (on many levels).

I was pulling for Uli, because I really like her and she has a solid aesthetic/skill, but I did also like Anthony Ryan and his collection. I really liked the concept of Emilio's collection and runway show, but the actual pieces didn't seem that unique or "expensive." I thought Uli's runway show really had a dream-like wonderland feel, and Anthony Ryan's was very modern and fresh.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:10 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

This whole season was pretty underwhelming. Anthony Ryan was one of my favorites in his season, but meh.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:24 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

It absolutely should have gone to Uli. Clearly Anthony Ryan was deemed the prince of the season early on, and it must have been contractual for the "judges" to gush over him (based on some of the inane comments Isaac made). I have nothing against the guy, but he was WAY overpraised, and should have come in 2nd or 3rd.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:56 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

agreed, uli's collection was amazing (and so was the music and snow graphics too)

i do like anthony ryan and he has made some amazing stuff, but i wasn't wowed by his final collection, it was beautifully made, but nothing new.

i think with joshua being just voted out, it was way too soon for him to feel humble and to help a fellow friend/contestant out. it shouldn't have been unexpected. i think they bring back former contestants even during the regular season to sometimes be helpers......

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:16 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

allychristine wrote:
I was pulling for Uli, because I really like her and she has a solid aesthetic/skill, but I did also like Anthony Ryan and his collection. I really liked the concept of Emilio's collection and runway show, but the actual pieces didn't seem that unique or "expensive." I thought Uli's runway show really had a dream-like wonderland feel, and Anthony Ryan's was very modern and fresh.

Exactly this! I would like to have seen what Emilio could have done given more time.

I can't take Isaac Mizrahi seriously now anymore after all his gushing over AR.

Joshua looked a bit rough, I felt sorry for him!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:59 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I liked AR collection the most - because if I had to wear a dress I would grab that black and silver one. I thought Uli would win though, I thought that the show lacked warmth but maybe with the winter wonderland theme it was supposed to come off as cold? Emilio's concept was good but I just did not see the story in the collection besides the red jumper - which was really nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:32 pm 
Saggy Butt

Watching the first few minutes of Season 11. Cindy the funeral director is already my favorite. just sayin.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Lots of really interesting folks on this new season. I think that was one of the best first runway shows in a while. Kind of in love with the Salvador Dali lookalike, such a rad dude.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:05 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Did anyone else watch the "road to the runway" pre-show thing? I liked being able to see the designers' personalities before the start of the show, and it was very interesting (if I recall correctly) that Emily was the MOST cut-throat during her interviews about winning, and she would do whatever it takes to be at the top, and she will win, and yada. I like a lot of them so far, though! I think it will be interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:11 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

WHERE IS MICHAEL KORS.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:39 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I know :( we need the Duchess back.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:20 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

mrsbadmouth wrote:
WHERE IS MICHAEL KORS.

It was so awkward that they didn't even say anything about him being gone... just "new judge blah blah." We were like "WHAT?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:40 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I read somewhere that Michael Kors had too many scheduling conflicts. A bit sad, but the new guy seems to be a little less mean and a little more constructive, at least from what I can tell so far. I will miss the signature Michael Kors nod.

Emily was ridiculous. How could she not have anything after the first day? Sure, the timeline is crazy tight, but its not like it's a surprise. How embarrassing for her.

There seems to be some real talent in this crop. We'll see how they do in the teams--usually those are my least favorite challenges, but since it's all season, maybe they will actually learn to work productively in teams? We'll see.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:32 am 
Saggy Butt

i was a little sad that cindy's dress was pretty ugly. i hope she does better next time. i really want the funeral director to win!

I LOVED the dress that the native american woman (whose name i forgot) made. the texture looked awesome! i wish she won. I'm also really glad that they seem to be portraying her positively, even though it's clear some of the other contestants are already jerks about her culture/uniqueness.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:11 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I hate to say it, but I'm glad to have some relief from Kors. It'll be nice to (hopefully) get more constructive criticism and less "disco ___" or "mother of the bride."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:41 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ack, season 11 already started?! i don't have tv. off to find it on hulu or lifetime!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:38 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Emily crashing and burning made me so uncomfortable, especially because she was so confident/ambitious.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:33 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

well it's never fun to be voted off first, but i'm glad emily was the first to go, she was waaaay to cocky and arrogant. i recall ivy being like that on her season, but maybe because emily is so young it was way worse.

lots of new interesting people, the previous season was a yawn, this one seems like it will be pretty good. i'm interested to see how this whole theme thing will play uout.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 29  Next