| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:43 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I guess it depends on your goals. I'm ok with my body but my goal is to lose weight for specific reasons.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:41 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I was at 131.6lbs today. Very surprised since I have had a bit more sugar than usual the past week. Also, I've been eating on the run most of this week because of squeezing car shopping into my lunch breaks then getting home later than usual because of more car shopping which means I am starving and need something sugary while dinner is heating up.

For me, I try be mindful of sugar intake. I'm on 2 antidepressants and both of them make it impossible to lose weight. One causes weight gain AND massive sugar cravings so losing weight to get back to my weight watchers goal has been a massive battle for me. It could take me up to a month to lose 2lbs then in a weekend I could put up 5lbs. I used to be excellent at being able to control myself around sugar.... I could have a square of chocolate and then put the rest back in the fridge for a few days. Now if I have a packet of biscuits in the house they will be gone within a few hours.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:55 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

191 today! Now I'm excited because maybe I'll be in the 180's soon. I didn't eat a lot yesterday but the days before I was chugging the shakes and soups so I'm not concerned about intake.

I can wear size 12 pants now!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:16 pm 

Go GCZ! Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:29 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

awesome dude!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:01 pm 

Nebraskalaska wrote:
lillianp wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:
Does anyone else deal with going back and forth between really wanting to lose weight and then being totally okay with your body? I mean, I go back and forth multiple times a day, and more than anything it's just getting annoying. Like, just pick a thing and stick with it, damnit.

Yes, sort of. I mostly know I want to lose weight, but I get pissed off at the establishment telling me my body's not ok and decide I don't need to lose weight. But then I decide I want to lose weight for me...

Mostly, I just know that if I lose weight I need to remember that I am a WONDERFUL human being no matter what size I am and keep that mantra to stave off bad headspaces.

Also, if I don't keep a general track of calories, I get in a weird headspace because I have a hard time keeping an overall amount that I'm eating and I freak out that I overeat or something even when I'm not. So, complete opposite of NDPittman.

Yes! That's exactly what I'm talking about, and that's what goes on in my mind as well. I'm glad I'm not alone.

My goal is to lose enough weight/gain enough core muscle mass to reduce the back pain I have from scoliosis. I carry most of my weight in my belly so it does affect my posture. I think focusing on pain-reduction pretty healthy way to go about weight loss because it doesn't require that I step on a scale, nor is it about my image (which I'm completely happy with as a matter of choice--though it took a lot of work to make that choice).

Having this goal means I'm more conscientious about prioritizing exercise and strength training and I can measure my progress in how I feel, so it isn't unstructured. But there's really no way to feel defeated, so this frame of mind is working really well for my emotional well-being.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:14 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I try so hard to think about weight loss from a health perspective, my family has a history of autoimmune diseases and cancer, so I think a healthy diet and daily exercise is probably one of the best preventative steps I can take. Unfortunately that mindset fails to stick, and what usually prevails is my body image issues, and wishing I looked like I did in high school.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:05 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Ugh!! Nebraskalaska--exactly! I was thinking about my "goals" and I was like, how did I come up with that number anyway--then it hit me: It's what I weighed in high school. So I'm going to try to remember to focus on fresh fruits and veggies and exercise because it makes me STRONG and therefore awesome. I am really hoping to be able to do one pull up someday.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I started my workout this week and I feel great, I wanted to ask around what type of things do you eat when working out in the mornings? I need inspiration... I usually go with a fruit+veg smoothie or yogurt with nuts, but I've been thinking if I should do protein shakes too just not to get bored...

I dunno, I need ideas I guess :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

i am reading (and practicing!) a Course In Weight Loss by Marianne Williamson, who also wrote A Course In Miracles. So, it is spiritual lessons on weight gain and body image problems. I really like it! I did some similar reading but by a different author, years ago, when I went to Overeaters Anonymouse meetings. I think I am in a way better place to embrace these lessons now at this t8ime. However, I dramatically lost my entire weight-loss support group in the split from my husband a month ago, and I am really feeling unmoored without that part of my weight awareness program. There is a new program at the local Curves gym, called curves complete, and for $14.95 a week (it says!) you get your gym exercising which at Curves is a 30 minute circuit, plus weight loss coaching and a meal plan. I am wondering if any of you all know anything about the Curves complete system? Like if it would be compatible with a veagn or vegetarian's lifestyle? I think I may ask them, as it is sounding pretty appealing as well as being afforable. I am about to go on prescription anti-depressants anyway and I need to up my exercise as recommended by my psychologist to counter any possible weight-gain effects the meds may have. I really like the weekly, one-on-one coaching aspect, I may be weak, but I really do need a weight-loss cheerleader to have consistent success and stick with any kind of disciplined eating plan! Anyway, glad others are doing well in their efforts. We can ALL do it, keep it up!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:23 am 
Ninja Master

I am down a pound this week. Wasn't planning on weighing in but was cleaning my teeth and thought, ah why not! haha.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:25 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Quote:
i am reading (and practicing!) a Course In Weight Loss by Marianne Williamson, who also wrote A Course In Miracles

I thought it was absolute rubbish. I felt she had no idea ever that they're might be people who aren't hardcore christians in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:29 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

ndpittman wrote:
Ugh!! Nebraskalaska--exactly! I was thinking about my "goals" and I was like, how did I come up with that number anyway--then it hit me: It's what I weighed in high school. So I'm going to try to remember to focus on fresh fruits and veggies and exercise because it makes me STRONG and therefore awesome. I am really hoping to be able to do one pull up someday.

Yeahhh, sort of me too. Except right now I'm lighter than I was for most of high school (all, I think), courtesy of hiking. But I'm right there with you guys on the struggle to remember that my weight loss needs to be more focused on healthy eating and having a stronger body that can do more (it can do a LOT right now, but I think some running and biking and climbing might get even better if I lost somewhere around 20lbs.).

I guess my sort of close future goal is to get back under 160. From there, next goal is 150 and maybe if I'm really lucky, 140 after that? I think I'm around 165 now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:13 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

VeganinBerlin wrote:
Quote:
i am reading (and practicing!) a Course In Weight Loss by Marianne Williamson, who also wrote A Course In Miracles

I thought it was absolute rubbish. I felt she had no idea ever that they're might be people who aren't hardcore christians in the world.

Really? Are you talking about a Course In Weight Loss? Or a Course In Miracles? I have never read A Course In Miracles, I am doing the Course In Weight Loss. I am about eight lessons (out of 20, I believe) in. I guess there is the word "God" in the book, but I read that word and know that I can substitute "my higher power" for it, and then I don't see it as being Christian based at all. Actually, my parents are Christians and I think they would freak out and denounce it as NON Chrisitian if I told them I made an altar with candles, placemat, forks, spoons, etc. on it? An altar that I had to visualize an angel sitting at, no less! Anyways, I don't find it to be religion-centered at all, only spiritual. But it is interesting to hear your opinion!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:39 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I want to once again fit into the shorts I bought the summer before last. I'd quit gluten and I was working out 5 days a week. that's my goal.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:38 pm 

189 today. I'm gonna have to make myself only weigh in weekly. But it is exciting! I haven't weighed 189 since middle school, so it's weird.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:44 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Apparently rejoining WW has rendered me unable to cook edible food. I want to lose ~15-17lbs. All my clothes will fit again! That will put me at the weight I feel healthiest and where I maintained for a few years before my back surgeries.

The crappy part is I kind of look better now because I don't have loose skin really, but I will have some if I lose. I'll also lose any semblance of breasts. But I feel bloaty and kind of icky/heavy/uncomfortable in my skin right now because it mostly goes to my stomach and hips.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:19 pm 
Impressive boner

I'd like to lose 50lbs. I keep telling myself that 1lb per week isn't too difficult, but it seems to take my body a while to catch on to what I'm trying to do. It's disheartening not seeing any changes on the scales or feeling them in my clothes after weeks of making careful changes to my meals.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:10 pm 

Persistance pays off even when it is slow. It has taken me about 6 months to get off 6lbs. Constant trying and it would only take a bad 2 days to undo any of the progress I've made. No matter what slip up I had or how non-existant my progress was I kept on at it.

Thrilled about that now because I look and feel better about myself. I'm not in pain every time I sit down with jeans on. I even got a compliment last night on how toned I am looking lately.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:23 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I really, really need to buckle down and lose weight. Not just for health, but because I have so many clothes in my closet that I miss being able to wear. Part of the problem is that I have a heart arrhythmia (SVT) which I'm hoping to get taken care of in the near future during an electrophysiology study, but in the mean time I feel like crepe anytime I try to do anything even remotely physical. And I'm a stress eater and, well, medical school. Also, I'm pretty sure that when I'm applying to residency in 1.5 years, they're not going to want to hire an obese doctor. Oh, it's totally fine (not really) if you BECOME obese afterwards, because look at all of the doctors that aren't perfect pictures of health! But we all know that there's an element of beauty contest associated with getting hired for a job, and then if you're in medicine, people ideally want for you to look like the perfect picture of health and fitness. Ugh. No one cares that I have health problems or that I lost over 200 lbs and have managed to keep about 60 off, so at the very least I'm not totally back to where I started. Nope.

The world is mean and stressful, youseguys. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:20 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I just tried on a pair of shorts and two pairs of jeans that I couldn't even zip up a few months ago, and they all fit very well now! I am so excited!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:03 pm 

Yay nebraskalaska! Go you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:09 am 
Ninja Master

Nebraskalaska wrote:
I just tried on a pair of shorts and two pairs of jeans that I couldn't even zip up a few months ago, and they all fit very well now! I am so excited!

YAY well done. That's is a great feeling.

I have 2 new skirts that I love but they don't quite do up! I can't wait until they fit properly. I think I'll be trying them on once a week until they do haha.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:09 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Thought my scaled needed new batteries. Nope! Turns out it's broken. So i guess I'll be going by measurements? Which should be more accurate anyways. And less stress mentally for me sort of, though I do like seeing the numbers going down...

Calculating for tracking food could turn entertaining.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:31 pm 

Right something funky is going on. I weighed myself yesterday morning because I was feeling a bit trimmer and the scales gave me 129.6. I was thinking that was strange and thought maybe the scales was acting up so I said I would do it again this morning. This morning I was at 129lbs. It's really weird that so much has come off in such a short amount of time when it has taken me months to shiitake the few pounds I have lost already.

I have been eating a lot less junk food the past week because of not being able to afford to pick up treats in the shop but even when I was completely sugar free I didn't lose that quickly. Just to be careful I ate plenty of cookies today.

I'm not any more active than normal. I have a bit more energy but nothing major. Just down to my mood being improved. Other than that everything is pretty normal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 145  Next