| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Building a website, those who have done this please adv
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:06 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

If I’m already registered with an domain registrar, at any point can I switch to another? I’m currently with Bluehost but now I’m wondering if there are some better options out there.
Also, has anyone ever gotten the domain name they wanted from one of those shady websites? Looks like the one I want has been taken up by some website called Buy Domains, which is super annoying.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Post subject: Re: Building a website, those who have done this please adv
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:41 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Mars wrote:
Edit: Oops ya'll already said it.

Anyhow, bookworm, reading what your needs are I really think you should also just use wordpress. You can customize a template to make it not look like a blog at all. I think it sounds like you don't anything about site building but seem to want to do it anyway, which I think you'll find is really quite difficult!

thanks, i got some help in the wordpress community and was able to read some really good documents and have sorted things out. we are going to buy our *.com name through wordpress and let them do the hosting. i was able to make some "style" changes to my hubby's blog (like having a static home page and disabling comments on all pages) so now it really looks more like a website than a blog and that's awesome!

what i'm trying to figure out now, is how to get new customer's for my hubby, or people being able to see my hubby's website as a search result when they do keyword searches on google or wherever......

any ideas???

I noticed Vista Print has a search engine thingie that seems reasonable for $5/mo (1st month free) although it might take up to 2 or 3 months to get fully infilitrated into search engines and such......
http://www.vistaprint.com/local-search- ... inked+item)_Websites&xnav=ContextualLeftNav&GP=1%2f24%2f2013+11%3a37%3a25+AM&GPS=2718465610&GNF=0

and then there is google adwords......
https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogi ... _medium=et

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki